[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
My question: I can't really figure out what to upgrade Doryani's Catalyst to.

There really is nothing, unless you are in the 1% top most wealthy players. Then there may be a rare (mirriored even) that would be an upgrade. You would need 360 - 380 or so PDPS to beat doryani's, depending on how much critical strike chance it has. GGG has been very tentative about releasing items powerful enough to rival a good rare. Doryani's is one of the very few uniques that rival all but the top rares, so we are lucky to have at least the one choice.
Hi sovyn i am new to this game and this is the first build i tried so thanks for the guide.

I have i question in the passive skill tree i see you take a path before art of the gladiator with dexterity nods and a manna leech and i was wondering why not chose the melee damage with skill after master of the arena that is the same points? is the dexterity nods necessary or i can just replaces them with some dex from gear?

Also if you can post your stats that would help a lot, for some reason i can find them anywhere in your guide.

Last edited by the1headless3horseman on Oct 10, 2016, 3:00:51 AM
"
I have i question in the passive skill tree i see you take a path before art of the gladiator with dexterity nods and a manna leech and i was wondering why not chose the melee damage with skill after master of the arena that is the same points? is the dexterity nods necessary or i can just replaces them with some dex from gear?

Also if you can post your stats that would help a lot, for some reason i can find them anywhere in your guide.

The mana leech node is helpful for quality of life. You would have to take two dex nodes to reach it, and then the single additional dex node to get back onto the path is two nodes less costly than the route you mentioned.

The reason for a mana leech node is that it leeches from all damage types, elemental as well as physical (if any). Mana leech from gear is physical only and physical is a small part of the damage done in many cases. So the mana is much fuller with this node and it opens up additional gear possibilities.

My stat screen shots are in the 'My Current Stats' section if you scroll down on the first page.

"
Sovyn wrote:

The mana leech node is helpful for quality of life. You would have to take two dex nodes to reach it, and then the single additional dex node to get back onto the path is two nodes less costly than the route you mentioned.

The reason for a mana leech node is that it leeches from all damage types, elemental as well as physical (if any). Mana leech from gear is physical only and physical is a small part of the damage done in many cases. So the mana is much fuller with this node and it opens up additional gear possibilities.

My stat screen shots are in the 'My Current Stats' section if you scroll down on the first page.

Oh now i get it thanks a lot for the answer that was really helpful :) and i found the stats don't know how i miss that.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
My question: I can't really figure out what to upgrade Doryani's Catalyst to.

There really is nothing, unless you are in the 1% top most wealthy players. Then there may be a rare (mirriored even) that would be an upgrade. You would need 360 - 380 or so PDPS to beat doryani's, depending on how much critical strike chance it has. GGG has been very tentative about releasing items powerful enough to rival a good rare. Doryani's is one of the very few uniques that rival all but the top rares, so we are lucky to have at least the one choice.

Thanks for the reply and explanation. I guess I'm gonna start looking for the best Doryani's!
Great guide - thanks for sharing!

I noticed you use a helmet that keeps you from using chest armor, yet early in the guide you said the chest armor was where the attack gems would go. Does the gemming strategy change once you have that helmet?

I apologize if I'm missing something obvious, I'm new to the game :D
"
Garrule wrote:
I noticed you use a helmet that keeps you from using chest armor, yet early in the guide you said the chest armor was where the attack gems would go. Does the gemming strategy change once you have that helmet?

That's right, I would switch to Bringer of Rain when you are high enough level to equip it. Much of the guide is written for absolute beginners so that's why I mentioned that gems go in the chest as it can have 5 links whereas other gear is limited to 3 or 4.

Also, you can equip a chest before equipping bringer of rain, and the gems in the chest will gain experience, which is handy for extra gems. Also, you will appear as though you are wearing a chest. The chain mail graphic I have in my current gear section looks best as it covers the character's legs.
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Garrule wrote:

That's right, I would switch to Bringer of Rain when you are high enough level to equip it. Much of the guide is written for absolute beginners so that's why I mentioned that gems go in the chest as it can have 5 links whereas other gear is limited to 3 or 4.

Also, you can equip a chest before equipping bringer of rain, and the gems in the chest will gain experience, which is handy for extra gems. Also, you will appear as though you are wearing a chest. The chain mail graphic I have in my current gear section looks best as it covers the character's legs.

Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly, after I get the Bringer of Rain, I switch my attack gems to the helmet?
"
Garrule wrote:
Thank you for your reply. If I understand correctly, after I get the Bringer of Rain, I switch my attack gems to the helmet?

That's right. :) Of course, you won't need melee physical or faster attacks. Some suggested combinations for BoR are in the guide in the endgame skills section.

fastest clear speeds:

"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Garrule wrote:

That's right. :) Of course, you won't need melee physical or faster attacks. Some suggested combinations for BoR are in the guide in the endgame skills section.

fastest clear speeds:

Thanks so much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info