[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
Dooddyman wrote:
Hi, I have followed almost every bit of your build however I deal less than 20k with full auras and charges up (same as yours)

I am currently level 82,

Please could you help me!!?

Hello Dooddyman, Way too low level for the crit gear. Here's what you need to do:

Replace both rings with rare rings with 8-13 physical damage or similar. Same with Amulet if you can (should be able to balance your resists and still get the good physical rolls with 3 pieces to work with, don't forget Elreon).

Replace the Maligaro's with rare gloves with physical damage and optionally attack speed as well. Good rolls are desirable depending on your budget.

Replace the belt with a rustic sash with 90+ life and don't forget to use blessed orbs to get the physical implicit up. As I told the guy above you, use the Tora mod for WED too.

Replace the chest with a cheap (2ex) 6-link corrupted armour base type chest with life (armour roll doesn't really matter much). Use Vorici to fix the colors (1 red socket recipe).

Get someone offering level 8 master crafting service to help you if you don't have the masters done yet. There are many threads here on the forums with lots of vouches.

Save two points by respecing out of the starting path you chose and get Retaliation instead. Should be able to fix it with only a few regrets. You will get some of your armour back here from the chest swap with the extra 65% defenses from shield and the damage should be comparable.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 16, 2015, 10:00:08 PM
Question about Reckoning--

Let's say I have 70% chance to block, and this has a 30% chance to trigger when I'm hit. Does that mean I have a (100% chance to be hit - 70% chance to block) 30% chance to be hit * 30% chance to trigger = 9% chance for it to trigger, on average, per attack? Or does a blocked attack count as being "hit" (and thus 30% chance to curse)? I am guessing it is the 9%.
"
Chadsius wrote:

Let's say I have 70% chance to block, and this has a 30% chance to trigger when I'm hit. Does that mean I have a (100% chance to be hit - 70% chance to block) 30% chance to be hit * 30% chance to trigger = 9% chance for it to trigger, on average, per attack? Or does a blocked attack count as being "hit" (and thus 30% chance to curse)? I am guessing it is the 9%.

The block counter-attacks always trigger when you block, maximum once every 0.4 seconds in this case due to the cooldown. So 70% chance, on average, in your example. If you have RT, the chance to curse is the same, if not then you have to consider your accuracy. Any evasion you have would also have to be considered as that's checked before block. I think it's sufficient to say you will curse 'most of the time' when you block an attack or spell.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 19, 2015, 12:20:05 AM
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Chadsius wrote:

The block counter-attacks always trigger when you block, maximum once every 0.4 seconds in this case due to the cooldown. So 70% chance, on average, in your example. If you have RT, the chance to curse is the same, if not then you have to consider your accuracy. Any evasion you have would also have to be considered as that's checked before block. I think it's sufficient to say you will curse 'most of the time' when you block an attack or spell.

Thanks for the quick response--pretty careless of me, though, I meant vengeance!
"
Chadsius wrote:
"
Sovyn wrote:
"
Chadsius wrote:

Thanks for the quick response--pretty careless of me, though, I meant vengeance!

Crossed my mind you might! Reckoning is much better for us for curse on hit. Vengeance is just something to put on the stun setup just for the heck of it, Riposte would do most of the work there. As you surmised, vengeance has a somewhat low chance to actually do anything, probably somewhere around 8% chance for me after factoring evasion, block, then the 40% chance, then accuracy.
Thanks Sovyn. Quite helpful. :)
Hi,

I felt so good while reading your guide.
It is well explained and neat.
I am definitely trying this out in HC (first time).

I have a probably very dumb question that, I guess, has been discussed over many times before but why don`t you have any set up or even section for the Immortal Call gem. I am sure there is a good reason for it but it would be very helpful to hear about your insights on this topic (being the last topic that is bugging me before I start the build).

Thank you again for this simple yet profound guide.
about the use of vengeance , TIL that triggergems works with cast on crit strike - maybe that can be put to use somehow when the shift comes to go for critical ? Just wondering

another question if wanting to try reave- what weapon would you recommend then - for a low budget btw
A sword and pick up the block nodes associated and then wich sword?

have really enjoyed your guide so far, nice work - feel a little to safe starting to farm voll, while leveling up (79 now) and have changed for some magic find gear just for the heck of it, and even a mf-culler flame totem.

did btw also vaaled a few lionels shields - the bad ones did go for 1-2 chaos , so i bought 5 but not really any luck -though a colourless socket is practical so far.

ALso i used Lakishu's Blade for leveling and that gave me multistrike so i didn't have to away from static strike to Icechrach while being to far back for the gem yet. I think thats worked fine as an option for the very early game
"
HuXiao wrote:
Hi,

I felt so good while reading your guide.
It is well explained and neat.
I am definitely trying this out in HC (first time).

I have a probably very dumb question that, I guess, has been discussed over many times before but why don`t you have any set up or even section for the Immortal Call gem. I am sure there is a good reason for it but it would be very helpful to hear about your insights on this topic (being the last topic that is bugging me before I start the build).

Thank you again for this simple yet profound guide.

Welcome, HuXiao :)

I used to use IC (on CWDT) but with the all of the new changes to IC and EC in 2.0 plus how armour became much better than evasion we don't really need IC anymore. I have up to 90% physical mitigation with just the three endurance charges and fortify. (70% "estimated physical damage reduction" on character sheet and 20% "reduced damage taken" from Fortify). The math is more complicated of course, but it feels good, no physical hits come close to killing me. No point trying for temporary invulnerability to physical IMO -- too hard to time it right anyway with the tiny duration we would get on it. You can add a granite flask if you want. The only risk to this build is the elemental and poison stuff really and IC won't help there. If playing hardcore read my FAQ very carefully for helpful tips that I'm sharing based on my and others' deaths in softcore.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 19, 2015, 10:48:42 PM
"
another question if wanting to try reave- what weapon would you recommend then - for a low budget btw
A sword and pick up the block nodes associated and then wich sword?

have really enjoyed your guide so far, nice work -

Glad you have been enjoying, theCrumblebrain!

Any decent claw, dagger or sword will work for Reave. Obviously the higher the physical DPS on it the better. For a long time as you level you will be taking just generic damage nodes that work with any weapon, when you get to the high levels say level 80 I'll be happy to consult with you about what damage nodes to take from there. Let's get your basics established first. For now just keep in mind I'd take Strong Arm instead of Blunt Instrument for Reave (this happens at 80ish). You could just take Purity of Flesh from there so you are good 'till level 85 right there. Like so.
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 19, 2015, 11:00:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info