[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

Glad I was able to chip in to the discussion!
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
"
piotras wrote:

I will also add that for those of us peasants who don't mind manually casting their enduring cry, a setup like this can work quite well for mana flow:
i have follow the guide and want ask:

in wich order i have to upgrade the gems

and one more questions about flask:

for example:

recover 1400 live over 7 sec

recover 1000 live over 6 sec

wich one is better ?

thx
Last edited by MrsRosa on Sep 12, 2015, 4:21:04 AM
"
MrsRosa wrote:
i have follow the guide and want ask:

in wich order i have to upgrade the gems

and one more questions about flask:

for example:

recover 1400 live over 7 sec

recover 1000 live over 6 sec

wich one is better ?

thx

Hi Mrs Rosa :)

I think you mean quality on the gems. I'd say that the supports on your attack skill would be best like multistrike, melee physical damage, added fire damage, etc. For static strike you gain some AOE size with quality which is nice.

First flask is 200 life/s whereas second flask is 166. You need at least one instant heal flask though.
Hello Sovin,
I am very satisfied with your build, having a problem with mana one time or another, but overall this old man is strong as hell! Thank you for having shared it with us!

Spoiler

"
Hello Sovin,
I am very satisfied with your build, having a problem with mana one time or another, but overall this old man is strong as hell! Thank you for having shared it with us!

Glad you are having fun! Added fire instead of faster attacks would be a bit easier on your mana globe and as I recall slightly more tooltip dps as well at equivalent level/quality. This is because faster attacks although it has a slightly lower tooltip mana cost it hits more often so the mana cost deduction is more frequent.
Hey there,
just tested this build together wit Bringer of Rain.

What I had to switch

- Needed to drop Fortify as my dps was really low (may be linking it to leap slam not sure yet)
- picked up some more reduced mana cost in the marauder area for easy sustain of 7L
- As you pick up less block passives and therefore get less +% def from shield and your missing armour on chest and get fairly low armour on helmet i switched for a higher def shield.
There you can easily drop some % Block Chance as you got BoR and get tons of armour instead!

Con
- Taking BoR forces you to get all ur Res on 1 ring, gloves, belt and maybe shield if you dont want to drop Romiras.
- As u are using BoR ur missing a additional 4L for some other useful support

Pro
No block chance jewels needed
As you dont need any block chance on stone of lazhwar you can go for something else here:

teasted:
- 8% Attack Speed which is quite nice
- 6% of damage taken gained as mana, slightly support in mana (would be much better without block)
- additional curse, 4L dual curse on hit Reckoning setup worked out to be best for me. Currently using Enfeeble and Warlord's Mark (very good mana support and free endurance charges) but there you can switch around a lot

Gear

Rumni's is to max spell block in tricky fights vs casters e.g. Crematorium boss.

lvl 91 tree

Gems need to get 20, Quality must be added, more life needs to be picked up from tree (currently around 4.7k want to reach 5k).

DPS with Golem and Blood Rage is around 50k.
BoR + good rare shield will probably come out at the same price as a cheap unique 6L (something slightly above 20ex) but good rare shields might be much harder to find! Just look out for high armour / life and a spare suffix to get some additional block chance as master craft.

Just to add my Experience on a BoR based version of this build.

Last edited by Mormegil1337 on Sep 13, 2015, 5:36:29 AM
"
Chadsius wrote:
"
piotras wrote:

I will also add that for those of us peasants who don't mind manually casting their enduring cry, a setup like this can work quite well for mana flow:

That's true, although trigger gems are great because they also save you a lot of mana - for example my help with double curse set up:

saves me almost 100 mana each time reckoning procs off block.

You can of course manually cast things, but the whole idea about trigger gems is that they save both cast time and mana. I would rather invest in mana leech on items (as Sovyn's does here as well) and leave trigger gems to do what they are best at :)
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Sep 13, 2015, 1:07:30 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
Glad you are having fun! Added fire instead of faster attacks would be a bit easier on your mana globe and as I recall slightly more tooltip dps as well at equivalent level/quality. This is because faster attacks although it has a slightly lower tooltip mana cost it hits more often so the mana cost deduction is more frequent.

I noticed that. In fact, I'm using this color setting for convenience. I have to share this equipment with another character and thus keep changing the colors of the sockets is not practical. In fact it is very costly. ;)

"
Mormegil1337 wrote:
Just to add my Experience on a BoR based version of this build.

Thanks so much for your detailed review. I don't recommend BoR very strongly because as you said it is hard to get enough resists elsewhere so the total cost is actually much higher than a cheap corrupted 6-link chest which also has slightly higher DPS due to (eventual) gem quality.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info