[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

I really like your build!
First time in ages I still had fun in maps with a melee build. Thanks a lot!

I'll probably reroll this as a Scion next league to save those templar starting points though. :)
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Alros wrote:
I really like your build!
First time in ages I still had fun in maps with a melee build. Thanks a lot!

Glad you like it, Alros! If you have any questions just let us know.
Hi there, so I'm sluggishly moving on with my budget version of the build (although I've started with a Scion, since I didn't know about this thread until recently) and I'm wondering how to plan my next steps. Lots of grinding ahead of me without any obvious progression milestones (aka pointless farming), which kinda burns me out tbh. Need to add that I'm poor and my map pool is crap.

I'm sitting at around 16k DPS in a 5-link (RT-based), just purchased a few cheap jewels to get some phys-to-mana leech, which allowed me to replace mana leech gem with faster attacks (although I'm considering hypothermia, since I nearly always stun, which in turn chills due to a unique I'm using, which would proc 40% more damage from hypothermia, which would give me similar damage as fast attacks support, but with a better mana management since I would attack less often for bigger hits).

Would be great to get some 350+ pDPS weapon, a six-link or rainbowstride etc. but all of these cost currency, which for some reason hates me. For my next levels I was hoping to get more life nodes and then respect into crit version when reaching 87+, but would be good if I could upgrade my DPS somehow. I'm considering to grind crypt lvl 2 or crypt map for Celestial Justicar set maybe (already got 1 of those, yay!) to have some sort of goal to work towards. Also, I though of upgrading my weapon with something at least 50 pDPS more than my current (so 320 pDPS at least) but that would require me to be showered with exalts in the near future.

Any advice would be welcomed!

Tree (lvl 80)
Gear:
Spoiler

Swap culling set up
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Sep 15, 2015, 12:50:00 PM
Hi, I have followed almost every bit of your build however I deal less than 20k with full auras and charges up (same as yours)

I am currently level 82,

Please could you help me!!?

Gear
Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRQgFPYVIBm0Gj4brRzOHt8qTStQLOktgy_MMfs1kjrhPAU8LT0PPeI_J0CgR35I7kqYSshN409WUEdRYF8_YuxlTWebaPJuqnKpdO14rnk5eu982X7if-OC5IPMhNmE74Y7iq-LjJARlFyiAKZXqZWsr64-r2yvp7M_tfK2irc-vTa-p768wGbAv8GCxBXE9sauzGbRNtN-2L3aweIs5FHp1e8O73rvfPAf8kXzBvaj9zL53fuq_gr-VP6P?accountName=Dooddyman&characterName=Barasu

Thank you!!@
"
Dooddyman wrote:
Hi, I have followed almost every bit of your build however I deal less than 20k with full auras and charges up (same as yours)

I am currently level 82,

Please could you help me!!?

Gear
Spoiler

Passive
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwUAAO4EswUtBjkJMwthDPcNzRQgFPYVIBm0Gj4brRzOHt8qTStQLOktgy_MMfs1kjrhPAU8LT0PPeI_J0CgR35I7kqYSshN409WUEdRYF8_YuxlTWebaPJuqnKpdO14rnk5eu982X7if-OC5IPMhNmE74Y7iq-LjJARlFyiAKZXqZWsr64-r2yvp7M_tfK2irc-vTa-p768wGbAv8GCxBXE9sauzGbRNtN-2L3aweIs5FHp1e8O73rvfPAf8kXzBvaj9zL53fuq_gr-VP6P?accountName=Dooddyman&characterName=Barasu

Thank you!!@

That's a lot of crit gear to wear with Resolute Technique... :)
What Chadsius said. Remove RT and get started on the Disemboweling cluster next to it. With sufficient accuracy, your DPS should go up quite a bit. Think you probably just forgot to.

@piotras, how close are you to an ex? I was in a similar position with my Lazy Pally at level 80 or so, with a less than 300pdps weapon and a 5L, and went for a weapon upgrade first. The easier objective.

Had a quick look at the warband prices and there's a Doryani's going for 18c! http://poe.trade/search/getoiwokimitor

Some going for around 30c as well.

As for grinding for a 6L, I'd alternate between Dried Lake, Dominus, Crypt map and easy layout, high pack intensity maps like Shore and Strand. I'd try chancing Crypt, Overgrown Shrine, Reef, Mountain Ledge and Vaal Pyramid to get their unique counterparts. Can get pretty good currency off them.
"
Quixote77 wrote:
@piotras, how close are you to an ex? I was in a similar position with my Lazy Pally at level 80 or so, with a less than 300pdps weapon and a 5L, and went for a weapon upgrade first. The easier objective.

Had a quick look at the warband prices and there's a Doryani's going for 18c! http://poe.trade/search/getoiwokimitor

As for grinding for a 6L, I'd alternate between Dried Lake, Dominus, Crypt map and easy layout, high pack intensity maps like Shore and Strand. I'd try chancing Crypt, Overgrown Shrine, Reef, Mountain Ledge and Vaal Pyramid to get their unique counterparts. Can get pretty good currency off them.

Good news with doryani's, when I started the build they didn't go below an ex or two. Accumulating currency is very sluggish but I've got like 30 chaos right now so I'll try to hunt down a over 300 pDPS one, otheriwse I will be downgrading in terms of pDPS, the other thing is that I'm not ready to ditch RT yet, won't have the accuracy nor enough points to respec into crit chanec yet.

As for maps my map pool is utterly crap, got one 72, a few 71s and mostly 68/69 (I vendor all triplets into a level higher map) and couldn't manage Merveil-copy boss in an alched lvl 71 graveyard map, so I'm not sure if this char is ready to do high level maps, quite on the contrary actually...
Last edited by piotras on Sep 16, 2015, 8:29:39 AM
"
piotras wrote:
"
Quixote77 wrote:

Good news with doryani's, when I started the build they didn't go below an ex or two. Accumulating currency is very sluggish but I've got like 30 chaos right now so I'll try to hunt down a over 300 pDPS one, otheriwse I will be downgrading in terms of pDPS, the other thing is that I'm not ready to ditch RT yet, won't have the accuracy nor enough points to respec into crit chanec yet.

As for maps my map pool is utterly crap, got one 72, a few 71s and mostly 68/69 (I vendor all triplets into a level higher map) and couldn't manage Merveil-copy boss in an alched lvl 71 graveyard map, so I'm not sure if this char is ready to do high level maps, quite on the contrary actually...

You can level to 85 quite easily from the low maps. (I actually leveled from 81 to 85/6 from doing Piety runs alone!) Your gems should be leveled during this time while accumulating the currency or div cards for a 6L.
"
Quixote77 wrote:
You can level to 85 quite easily from the low maps. (I actually leveled from 81 to 85/6 from doing Piety runs alone!) Your gems should be leveled during this time while accumulating the currency or div cards for a 6L.

Cool thanks, might try that, until now I tried to run the higherst maps I had, but I guess I need to take it slow until this build gets a bit more "umpf", which I guess will be when I ditch RT for crit and get a weapon upgrade. Last time I had trouble with that rare map because of enfeeble curse on me (and I'm not in the position to afford chaosing rare maps), but there are worse mods out there than that so I need to beef up first anyway!
"
piotras wrote:
Hi there, so I'm sluggishly moving on with my budget version of the build (although I've started with a Scion, since I didn't know about this thread until recently) and I'm wondering how to plan my next steps.

Get an Atziri's Promise for 1 chaos tops, quality it up and use it often.

The belt should be easy to upgrade to a 20+ rustic sash (blessed orbs). Don't forget you can master craft the WED via Tora if you get one with an open prefix. The physical is better than the WED as I recall but you should be able to get both no problem. Check here (assuming you need that lightning res). Figure out your prefixes/suffixes here while you shop. GL
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 16, 2015, 8:10:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info