So i did the first Uber atziri as 2h melee[recorded it], my feedback.

Vic I don't think 1% of all the character created reaching maps is too low of a figure, they probably considered the characters created in races too. A race has prob tens of thousands char created and 0 reaching maps. What would be a more useful stat is %of account or time played.

Charan dislikes 3 dragons very much, I know that from his goddess/design unique thread. I think he has a fair point too. It seems that uniques that are coming out first are the most op ones and subsequent unique designers are kind of restricted due to potential combos. Is this fair, I don't know.

I am also fine if a ranged character can clear uber by dodging all the attacks. That takes skill and is how ranged char is supposed to play. But melee char needs to be a lot tankier in this game than it currently is. Vid is able to do the fight because of phase acro and the spell dodge, that doesnt align well with what people consider to be a traditional character.

maybe some keystone on the tree with increase tankiness whilst holding a 2 hander might do the trick

Green_honey_boo_boo is my favourite south park character!

My Goddess Scorned crit ele cleave build @ 1076445
"
turtleken wrote:
Vic I don't think 1% of all the character created reaching maps is too low of a figure, they probably considered the characters created in races too. A race has prob tens of thousands char created and 0 reaching maps. What would be a more useful stat is %of account or time played.

Charan dislikes 3 dragons very much, I know that from his goddess/design unique thread. I think he has a fair point too. It seems that uniques that are coming out first are the most op ones and subsequent unique designers are kind of restricted due to potential combos. Is this fair, I don't know.

I am also fine if a ranged character can clear uber by dodging all the attacks. That takes skill and is how ranged char is supposed to play. But melee char needs to be a lot tankier in this game than it currently is. Vid is able to do the fight because of phase acro and the spell dodge, that doesnt align well with what people consider to be a traditional character.

maybe some keystone on the tree with increase tankiness whilst holding a 2 hander might do the trick

Wel by active characters i think they mean the league ones only, not really much point in counting characters that cant really get to maps from the short races.

Ah i didnt know he dislikes it, but i honestly dont find it being a OP unique, the switch of status ailments is kind of in favour of fire damage because of the shock stacks, but its allright.

The problem is they dont want to add keystones which people have to get without thinkining, so the only solution is just buffing 2h nodes and weapons, maybe adding a offhand slot such as a strap like someone suggested. 2h Crit nodes would also be great, and buffing base crit of some 2h weapons, pretty much eveyrone who goes 2h uses RT now, apart from those who find a nice staff, would be nice to have a little diversity.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 20, 2014, 6:06:04 AM
Maybe they have to apply some buffs , or just maybe we need to theorycraft better 2H builds .

Or they never had in mind a 2H build doing Uber Atziri runs in the current patch .
Last edited by skaterboy80 on Sep 20, 2014, 12:17:12 PM
I agree that 2h weapons are bad, that's common knowledge for experienced players.

But also..op wasnt even able to pop light res flasks on the vaals in time, and died cuz of that, not very skilled, just sayin.

on atziri, bad flask management also. panicking hitting both fire res flasks before 1st phase, l2preally?
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
Last edited by Insomniask on Sep 20, 2014, 1:04:57 PM
"
Insomniask wrote:
I agree that 2h weapons are bad, that's common knowledge for experienced players.

But also..op wasnt even able to pop light res flasks on the vaals in time, and died cuz of that, not very skilled, just sayin.

on atziri, bad flask management also. panicking hitting both fire res flasks before 1st phase, l2preally?

I'm just reading this post, trying to find the valuable input part.
there is none.

and I'm sure you can teach VicDoom - who has been here long before you probably knew what Path Of Exile is - a thing or two about playing the game, oh great master.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Insomniask wrote:

even with flask at vaal i would have died anyway i was at 4k life when the balls came no way i can survive light balls + beam even at 89% rez that would have killed me.
And at atziri i was pretty much frantically doing everything i could do to survive. since it was my 2nd run ever of uber maybe i could be excused for being a little tense haha

But really though, i am shit at flasking , dont have the reflexes and the attention span to use them at the right time anymore.

"
skaterboy80 wrote:
Maybe they have to apply some buffs , or just maybe we need to theorycraft better 2H builds .

Or they never had in mind a 2H build doing Uber Atziri runs in the current patch .

Im pretty sure they took into account 2h builds, but theyre still just too weak to do it without insane gear
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 20, 2014, 1:49:47 PM
Sorry if i was a bit rude.

"
VictorDoom wrote:

Im pretty sure they took into account 2h builds, but theyre still just too weak to do it without insane gear

Problem is, daggers are with insane gear 3 times better. Be it cyclone, ds or st.

2handed weapons need a HUGE buff.

If you created this thread to show how up 2h weapons are i appreciate it. GGG seems to be blind on this side, obviously.

GGG made so many spells viable with 1.2, but 2h remains as bad as it always was. Really, I cant understand that.
Last edited by Insomniask on Sep 20, 2014, 3:45:32 PM
"
Insomniask wrote:

"
VictorDoom wrote:

Problem is, daggers are with insane gear 3 times better. Be it cyclone, ds or st.

If you created this thread to show how up 2h weapons are i appreciate it. GGG seems to be blind on this side, obviously.

GGG made so many spells viable with 1.2, but 2h remains as bad as it always was. Really, I cant understand that.

Daggers are pretty much the best weapons in game, for anything really, the attack speed is high and can get to 2 APS, the base damage can be huge and the crit rate is ridiculous, along with the insane dagger nodes which all of them give IPD and crit/accuracy... theyre just way too powerful, either nerf daggers or make other weapons on par.

with 2h the best node you can get is Wrecking Ball {15% IPD and 10% IAS}...

Thats the reason i did this, to show how underpowered these characters are and how stupidly hard this fight is for them. Its been over 6 months since this fight was released and this is the first video of a 2h char killing her, pretty much everyone i told that im going to try ubers as 2h told me that im either stupid or crazy.... thats got to say something about the state of 2h chars..

i just hope they buff 2h cause it took a lot of currency and quite a bit of time to show everyone how underpowered it is when you compare it to other characters. I showed it at ubers and with almost the best possible gear so everyone can see the huge gap between these characters and others when they are geared the same way, doing the exact same map and the most difficult content.

Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 20, 2014, 5:07:08 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
Insomniask wrote:

"
VictorDoom wrote:

Daggers are pretty much the best weapons in game, for anything really, the attack speed is high and can get to 2 APS, the base damage can be huge and the crit rate is ridiculous, along with the insane dagger nodes which all of them give IPD and crit/accuracy... theyre just way too powerful, either nerf daggers or make other weapons on par.

with 2h the best node you can get is Wrecking Ball {15% IPD and 10% IAS}...

Thats the reason i did this, to show how underpowered these characters are and how stupidly hard this fight is for them. Its been over 6 months since this fight was released and this is the first video of a 2h char killing her, pretty much everyone i told that im going to try ubers as 2h told me that im either stupid or crazy.... thats got to say something about the state of 2h chars..

i just hope they buff 2h cause it took a lot of currency and quite a bit of time to show everyone how underpowered it is when you compare it to other characters. I showed it at ubers and with almost the best possible gear so everyone can see the huge gap between these characters and others when they are geared the same way, doing the exact same map and the most difficult content.

Yeah, I mean PoE was never balanced and honestly that mustn't even be bad, but current state...daggers are op since..I dont know? Years? And 2h at the same time..hmm..

Everything is tailored for daggers. Uniques (maligaro's and acuity, Abyssus is absolutely brutal despite its downside and ofc auxium), auras because they work well with high as, crit chance+crit multi, the dagger passives are the best in the tree, Daggers fit excellent to ES which is superior to Life, because you can wear a 400+es shield with them.

And now one more factor was added: decent daggers are easier to craft due to masters.

I mean, maybe GGG realizes at some point that 2h attack builds are nearly dead. It's such common knowledge amongst experienced players. Uber Atziri runners in standard dont use them. Top players in temp leagues dont use them as well. It cant be more obvious.
Fantastic vid, excellent music. Really is refreshing to see vid that doesn't use slow loud rock and annoying lame country music.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info