So i did the first Uber atziri as 2h melee[recorded it], my feedback.

"
VictorDoom wrote:
GGG assured me that their testers did it with no legacy gear and no insane gear/acuities with 2h characters

I'd like to meet their testers!
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
They had infinite tries? Irrelevant.

They have Mark2 aka Neonspyder aka NOT-HUMAN-AT-ALL as one of their head testers.

That's the fact people need to remember.

How is that irrelevant. It costs 40+ exalts(at least when i was playing), to have a shot there. So it is not like you can practise the fight frequnetly. Sure you can practise normal atziri, but it is not the same thing, having played both.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
"
"
VictorDoom wrote:
Petrov, he lent me his legacy kaoms
Mouze, gave me loads of his standard gear and currency
Yeph, gear, currency and death rush
Turtleken, lending me his high roll steps
Zenthazar and Bladehawk256 for giving me roughly 100-150 exalts in currency and items
Soundee, lots and lots of gear
Null03, lots of gear and some currency
Prianhaz, helped me with gear
Iski, loads of advice on the fight and giving me mortal bits

Forget leveling up, winning races, beating uber titziri. This level of trust and friendship from people you've never met, likely will never meet?

Man if i hadnt had those friends i wouldnt have had shit in this game haha

Thats pretty much the best part,, there is no fucking way i could have done the character or the run without them, i had roughly 1/10 of the needed currency, they enabled this and i thank them all, cause really dude any other people id ask for gear and currency theyd naturally tell me to fuck right off, but these guys just gave me everything they could and told me to kill her, i fucking love them and i hope i can some day pay them back when they're in need.

also
"

titziri

fucking lol
"

They have Mark2 aka Neonspyder aka NOT-HUMAN-AT-ALL as one of their head testers.

But yea, if theyre balancing the game on spyders gaming skills and on a 0 desync server, thats not very smart is it... Also, as poutsos says, it does cost *20* exalts to get there, not 40, but still an exorbitant amount of currency if you fail, and you cant really do it all of the time, theres not much profit to be made.

And really one hard aspect of the ubers is you know that if you die you just throw away 20 exalts, with infinite tries there is no reprecussion, which means you are a lot more relaxed, i was pretty much going spastic right before downing her i had to go for a smoke..
"
Gobla wrote:
What I think 2handers need, discounting a dedicated passive, is items for the off-hand slot.

Weapon Straps that can roll resists, life, attack speed, weapon range, accuracy, global crit chance/multiplier etc. Basically quivers for 2hand.

Make 7 bases with the following implicits:

+X% to maximum Fire Resistance
+X% to maximum Cold Resistance
+X% to maximum Lightning Resistance
Gain Y% of Melee Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
Gain Y% of Melee Physical Damage as Extra Cold Damage
Gain Y% of Melee Physical Damage as Extra Lightning Damage
+Z% to Physical Resistance

This looks pretty interesting and i hadnt thought about it yet, bows get quivers, i dont see why 2h weapons shouldnt get a buff from the offhand slot, it could actually solve a lot of problems if implemented properly, the maximum resists are a great idea and i have to say that it is needed for 2h builds, they have no other way of mittigating damage apart from rez and ar/eva, so you have to increase those drastically to be at least close to other chars in terms of defense.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Sep 18, 2014, 11:45:55 AM
You tried Spock in a game of Rock, Paper, scissors before spock was even given a second thought.

The build diversity capable of new content is shrinking and shrinking. If you want to do the end end game bosses don't force diversity ( 2H ) into the equation. Just pick Rock, paper, or scissors and go kill uber atziri.

echo "The world is full of smart people" |sed -e 's/smart people/sheep/'
2 hander melee builds should have pants for the offhand slot item. This would allow for life/res/maybe some kind of damage modifier or whatever else, similar to what 6 link bows get with quivers.

PANTS!
"
2 hander melee builds should have pants for the offhand slot item. This would allow for life/res/maybe some kind of damage modifier or whatever else, similar to what 6 link bows get with quivers.

PANTS!

I just have this image in my head of the templar with a staff, holding pants in his off hand and waving them like a matador to a bull. Still not wearing them though
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"

PANTS!

I just have this image in my head of the templar with a staff, holding pants in his off hand and waving them like a matador to a bull. Still not wearing them though

Doesn't that sound like great fun though? Ole!
"
Real_Wolf wrote:
"

PANTS!

I don't think I'd appreciate this too much; I assure you the bull would appreciate it less ;D
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"

Balancing only around an elite level player is exactly why Starcraft 2 went down the shitter. They completely balanced Terran in WoL around MKP/MVP despite the fact that Terran was easily the most micro intensive race out of all 3 races. Look at what has happened to SC2 now, it's a shit game.

Infinite tries is a big deal when the price to enter is so high. For a HC player not only do you risk 20+ Exalts to try, you also risk all the gear you have on your character.
Last edited by allbusiness on Sep 18, 2014, 10:06:24 PM
"
SC2 was a failure for so many reasons, but I'm glad you feel the need to point out yet another.

We don't know the internal testing process so it's futile to comment on it. All we do know is that an extraordinarily good player was tapped to do QA.

I strongly doubt they test with so-called 'hacked gear' and 'infinite tries'. It is not in their best interest to make something impossibly difficult -- they're not players, they're game-makers. Success for them is something challenging but not ridiculous. A little time spent trying to think as GGG would think would do some people here a lot of good. Unfortunately, 'hardcore' players of any game tend to be the sorts of people to whom open-mindedness and the ability to empathise do not come easily.

At any rate, this entire tangent sours what remains a great achievement for VictorDoom. Feel free to continue it without me.

Iteration: WAY TO GO, VICTOR. One of my favourite PoE videos, ever.

The point I'm making is that if an extraordinarily good player is tapped to do QA and does not take into account for players below his skill level, then the content will obviously be way overtuned for most people. I'm not the greatest player in the world, but I do not consider myself a terrible player by any stretch of the imagination (I've been able to keep up in the top 150-200 early in leagues completely self-found, that's with me not even playing 14+ hours a day like some of these guys do).

It's bad balancing, and bad game design in general if you do not take into account for players of all skill levels, especially in a PvE dominant game. For PvP, sure it's ok to balance around the top level players (just not the most elite level players). When you try to implement PvP type of balancing (essentially balancing around metagame, player's knowing how advanced mechanics work, etc.) on PvE players though, that's when it gets absolutely silly.

A little time thinking as GGG? Dude, it has been two HC leagues in a row now where they have blatantly left overtuned content that was blatantly not tested. We all know how Devourers turned out on release.
Last edited by allbusiness on Sep 18, 2014, 10:29:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info