So i did the first Uber atziri as 2h melee[recorded it], my feedback.

I beat her with an Unwavering char. I had max block but used Immortal Call to completely negate the spears during the split phase. (Echo'd Enduring Cry + Self-cast Immortal Call).
It kept me extremely busy though, and required near perfect execution. I practiced my technique vs normal Atziri for about 30 consecutive runs in preparation.

So yeah, just wanted to point out that Immortal Call works at least :P (Being melee you probably needed it for the abyss mobs anyway, and Trio ofc)
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 22, 2015, 8:53:15 AM
"
I beat her with an Unwavering char. I had max block but used Immortal Call to completely negate the spears during the split phase. (Echo'd Enduring Cry + Self-cast Immortal Call).
It kept me extremely busy though, and required near perfect execution. I practiced my technique vs normal Atziri for about 30 consecutive runs in preparation.

So yeah, just wanted to point out that Immortal Call works at least :P (Being melee you probably needed it for the abyss mobs anyway, and Trio ofc)

Yeah the spears do suck since she spams them constantly, but theyre not the main problem since CWDT-IC setup can negate those while you leech off her in split phase, the really nasty ones are in her normal phase since she can flameblast and then instantly throw a spear, that combo can kill you if you dont leech fast enough from the blast, its a lot of dice rolling in that fight...

With shield im assuming you had high spellbock or used saffels, the crappy bit as 2h melee is you, obviously lol, dont have a shield and no spellblock :(.. you can get spelldodge but its not that useful for her, i dodge only about 2-3 calls/blasts in the whole fight with 46% spelldodge

ya i use IC for the trio, im on constant IC there, its a piece of cake, and i also use it for the mobs in between the bosses cause they can hit REALLY hard and i didnt want to rush it and get 1 shot from a crit from one of them.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Jan 22, 2015, 9:16:40 AM
I was using a Rathpith Globe and a 4% Block Stone of Lazhwar for 75/75 Block. The normal phase got a bit hectic but since I was never stunned I was able to avoid all the spell damage easily enough.
For almost any build the split phase essentially distils down to management of the spears. If you can avoid getting hit/stunned its all skill from there.

For Atziri Herself I would say block was useful, but mostly serves as a buffer against any mistakes. I couldn't tank any of her spell damage, and was using IC for the spears as you know.
The Spell-block was mandatory for double Vaals.

Unfortunately my build got completely and utterly bricked by patch 1.3. I am not aware of any times that GGG have reversed similar balance decisions so I suspect that build will now only ever live as a memory :(

Pure STR Melee Uber Kills seem to be getting more unobtainable. On that point, I was extremely disappointed to hear that apparently the GGG testers for 2H Melee Mara's felt the need to spec Ondar's Guile. I will concede that you should use tools available to you, but as an armour class it is completely unreasonable to have to use evasion keystones/mechanics.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 22, 2015, 9:59:29 AM
"

Pure STR Melee Uber Kills seem to be getting more unobtainable. On that point, I was extremely disappointed to hear that apparently the GGG testers for 2H Melee Mara's felt the need to spec Ondar's Guile. I will concede that you should use tools available to you, but as an armour class it is completely unreasonable to have to use evasion keystones/mechanics.

You think its completely unreasonable to use mechanics for one specific fight that you don't have to use on other endgame content?
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

You think its completely unreasonable to use mechanics for one specific fight that you don't have to use on other endgame content?

WHOLE-FUCKING-HEARTEDLY.

How could GGG possibly be happy with the design of content if only "Marauders", or "Witches", or "Rangers" can do said content?
They assured us it had been thoroughly tested. The experiences of the collective player-base seem to dispute this claim.

EDIT (for clarity): The tools available to core archetypes should absolutely not overlap. Each, on their own, should have sufficient tools at their disposal to manage a challenge such as this.
Last edited by Ashen_Shugar_IV on Jan 22, 2015, 10:53:00 AM
"
"
goetzjam wrote:
"

WHOLE-FUCKING-HEARTEDLY.

How could GGG possibly be happy with the design of content if only "Marauders", or "Witches", or "Rangers" can do said content?
They assured us it had been thoroughly tested. The experiences of the collective player-base seem to dispute this claim.

Except you CAN get ondars as a marauder, the only class i've never seen get ondars before was templar (cause other side of the tree completely) Atziri was specifically designed to provide a set of challenges that isn't anything like regular maps, like I mentioned in another thread, the most efficient way to do the uber fight in HC league (when HvC made his monies) was to have his soultaker melee cyclone character do the first two fights and a ranged max res, flask using character do the last fight, it was the safest and most efficient way of doing it. I personally know that HvC was able (along with many others) to do the whole uber fight with the low life spectral throw character, but he choose not to risk that character on the more difficult fights.

Every skill, class, passive, unique, ect is a choice, certain content with test those choices to see if the build can do it, some can and some can't saying that every skill, weapon, build should be able to do EVERY single bit of content in the game as easily as another makes me wonder what people are expecting from such a complicated system.

Do we really want to turn this game into something like D3, where your choices don't really matter, everyone can technically do whatever they want, skills can be changed at will, ect?

FeelsBadMan

@goetzjam - You are missing the point by the widest possible margin.

You also seem to state some things as fact that I take issue with. They are beyond the scope of this conversation so I will try not to address those.
"
@goetzjam - You are missing the point by the widest possible margin.

You also seem to state some things as fact that I take issue with. They are beyond the scope of this conversation so I will try not to address those.

Please respond with something other then a 1 or 2 line response. Whenever I get these responses it honestly makes me wonder why people want to have a discussion and after 1-2 times going back all the sudden don't care to respond to arguments. If you strongly believe in something one way or another or have experience, please do share with the rest of us. Not everyone has played everything in PoE in every version of the tree\gems\ect.

FeelsBadMan

@goetzjam

Let us imagine that whilst testing Uber Atziri, the only way GGG testers could successfully defeat her with a Marauder was by taking the Chaos Innoculation keystone.
What conclusions would you draw from that information?
"
@goetzjam

Let us imagine that whilst testing Uber Atziri, the only way GGG testers could successfully defeat her with a Marauder was by taking the Chaos Innoculation keystone.
What conclusions would you draw from that information?

I had her in the 3rd splitphase on torment with a RT Life Cyclone mara. Had only 2 portals left. (died twice to double lazer stunlock vaals, once to trash bc IC run out and got stunlocked while trying to renew, should have leapslamed out..., once at trio, bc the dualstriker was at 5% hp or so and i thought I can kill him when he but his buff on and 2shot me...)

I got killed twice at this 3rd splitphase by stupidly placed stormcalls I coulndt dodge, else I would have had her down allready. I'll get her next time.

Anyways, anything else then cyclone I deem not to be very "viable" for Uber, since Cylone does not lock you in place for the attack animation, and as we all know, keep moving is the best defence at all atziri boss fights.

If you stand still to do your attack animation for any skill you get:

1.) lazorD by double vaals/BLed
2.) Hit by trio too much(although IC really helps there standing still too)
3.) Stormcalled/Flameblasted/speared. I think the best shot you got for atziri is Puncture with a 2h sword or viper strike.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info