why did etup beat the SC users?

"
Phrazz wrote:
"Mad skillz yo!"

Time invested. The ONLY thing that matters in PoE.

Time to get some peanut butter :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
In the quest for first to 100, HC and SC are pretty much equal. A death in SC after day one would take you out of the running. It just so happens that this group of people prefer to play HC. It's not just one guy. It's a group. People work together to get Etup to 100.
tens of untainted paradises. He has connections plus viwers invite him so he gets mad exp from them
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
In the quest for first to 100, HC and SC are pretty much equal. A death in SC after day one would take you out of the running. It just so happens that this group of people prefer to play HC. It's not just one guy. It's a group. People work together to get Etup to 100.

exactly its a group effort etup is just the one who gets the glory working together for maps master daylies and providing each other with key uniques goes a long way in his game

the guy on 5th-10th place who works solo all the time has to spend much more time and resources to hold that place

chris will never allow to see player death on statistics so we will never know how often those sc player died

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Sep 15, 2014, 9:45:45 AM
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
Because HC attracts better player or at least more dedicated to the game.

It attracts people to whom attention and e-fame are important, and softcore doesn't provide that in quite the same way.

And if you're a streamer, you have to play in a HC league anyway, because a lot of people only watch in the hope that you'll rip. The modern version of a Roman Circus.
"
FadeXF wrote:
I think you already know that answer, OP.

It's the exact same reason Athene was able to pull "world firsts" in leveling - he ran in and tagged mobs, then armies of stream followers would instan glib whatever he tagged.

Same thing in this case: Etub was using resources from an army of stream followers.

His level 100 "accomplishment" was not a solo endeavor. It was the accomplishment of hundreds of people. A group accomplishment.

It would be like watching a movie - the list of people who created that movie is extremely long - it's never just 1 guy's name.

EDIT: also let's be clear here -- I don't care about Etup or anyone else reaching 100. I care about as much about it - as much as I'm concerned about if I'm going to take a shit today or not. I have zero investment or jealousy for whatever happened. However what I won't do is sit here silent about the facts on how he did it. So we can all be at least a little bit honest about it. Remaining the neutral partisan that I am.

Sounds cool. Would be sweet having all Off Topic dwellers do this together and reach lvl 100 at the same time. We are a lazy bunch so its not really an option. :P
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Exactly this.
Last edited by Sa_Re on Sep 15, 2014, 10:06:25 AM
He's streaming and it's making him enough to live out of it. So he can play how long he wants, not having to worry about job he would have to go to next day, which gives him that much more time to be #1 lvl 100 in the league he plays. It's pretty easy.

Hardcore streams are usually more popular, that's why streamers are usually streaming hardcore leagues. Don't get me wrong, skill is needed to make it to 100 too, but so is time, which he has pretty much "infinite" if you look at it that way.

That being said, I congratulate him! When someone puts so much time into a goal, he deserves to reach it. GG
kiwi nation
"
FadeXF wrote:
I think you already know that answer, OP.

It's the exact same reason Athene was able to pull "world firsts" in leveling - he ran in and tagged mobs, then armies of stream followers would instan glib whatever he tagged.

Same thing in this case: Etub was using resources from an army of stream followers.

His level 100 "accomplishment" was not a solo endeavor. It was the accomplishment of hundreds of people. A group accomplishment.

It would be like watching a movie - the list of people who created that movie is extremely long - it's never just 1 guy's name.

EDIT: also let's be clear here -- I don't care about Etup or anyone else reaching 100. I care about as much about it - as much as I'm concerned about if I'm going to take a shit today or not. I have zero investment or jealousy for whatever happened. However what I won't do is sit here silent about the facts on how he did it. So we can all be at least a little bit honest about it. Remaining the neutral partisan that I am.

wow such hate post, gz on 86 in softcore.
"
FadeXF wrote:
"
molis wrote:

wow such hate post, gz on 86 in softcore.

It's not hate at all. Like it or not what the guy did was a team effort - not a solo accomplishment. His name should have an asterisk beside it and then listing out the 100s of players who provided him maps - and the guy who gave him the Mjols should also be at the top of that list - as a "loan - use before you pay me for it."

Don't hate because of facts in the situation.

And hey: thanks bro! I probably would be about 92-ish by now if I didn't leave that character as a permanent Atziri killer who dies 2 times every time I kill her. <shrug> It's also a video game that I don't take seriously. I don't care if I died 100000 times to be honest.

This is hate. You want to single him out because he reached lvl 100 with the help of others. If that show it works for you then im sorry but i bet there points in your life where you needed help from others to achive something too.

He is lvl 100. that matters. To him and some others. So what if people dont get there as fast as he did, its an effort and time investment either way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info