Guild stash wiped clean

Man. Kicking everyone for your mistake? Plus if you leave it open and it's just a few chaos worth of gear who gives a rip?
"Man, it's like we're fighting housewives and their equipment." - Millennium
"
txfirefighter wrote:
Man. Kicking everyone for your mistake? Plus if you leave it open and it's just a few chaos worth of gear who gives a rip?

Apparently this guy.
"
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Nope. It's the thief's fault for being a thief. And because it's impossible to know which individual is the thief among them, sadly we must assume they all are.

Do you have any idea how unsound your reasoning here is?

Let's say my neighbor is murdered. We don't know who murdered her. Do we assume everyone's a murderer? That would be incredibly stupid, right?

Right. It would be.

It's a completely different set of circumstances.

In your weird attempt at a comparison, the perpetrator could potentially be any member of the earth's population. In this actual event, the perp is one among the guild membership.

It's narrowed down to a level where assuming they all are is the best course of action. All 17.

Sorry for the late response. I hurt a forum admin's feelings and had to pay the price. I didn't know hurting their feelings was against the rules, but oddly enough, it is.

Anyway, the logic in my example is the exact same you used in your situation. You were faced with an unknown perpetrator and blamed everyone who could possibly have done it. In my example, you could easily do the same thing. You'd just be blaming about seven billion more people.

The flawed reasoning you've used here doesn't stop being flawed simply because the numbers grow or shrink.

The best sound conclusion you can come to is that at least one of the people in your guild besides you did it. The actual knowledge of how it happened is unknown. As soon as you start blaming people when the answer is still unknown, your reasoning becomes unsound.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info