Guild stash wiped clean

"
I'll be adding all of the guild members to my personal scammer list. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Can't be too careful in the wild streets of Wraeclast.

what you are encourage is wrong its your own fault for making it free acces to everyone
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
"
I'll be adding all of the guild members to my personal scammer list. I encourage everyone else to do the same. Can't be too careful in the wild streets of Wraeclast.

what you are encourage is wrong its your own fault for making it free acces to everyone

Nope. It's the thief's fault for being a thief. And because it's impossible to know which individual is the thief among them, sadly we must assume they all are.
You can't steal from charity...
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
This used to happen in PINK a bunch.. What I did was make only officers able to remove and promote a few people who I thought were trustworthy and would like to help out with the responsibility. After this the gstash didn't really get robbed til rampage maps tab lol.
The only policy that makes any sense at all is to consider every item in a public stash already gone. Don't put anything in the stash you would care anything about. Be happy that someone found the items useful. Treat items in the public stash the same way you would treat items on the curb outside your house. If someone takes them... great.
Apparently OP has never been a guild leader before.

Restrict as much access as possible.

Trust, or believe no one. (assume everyone is a thief)

If you put anything in a guild stash with free access it's meant to be taken by anyone who wants it.

Hopefully Op learned a lesson. And no GGG staff will not help you.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
"
Nope. It's the thief's fault for being a thief. And because it's impossible to know which individual is the thief among them, sadly we must assume they all are.

Do you have any idea how unsound your reasoning here is?

Let's say my neighbor is murdered. We don't know who murdered her. Do we assume everyone's a murderer? That would be incredibly stupid, right?

Right. It would be.
"
Jennik wrote:
"

Let's say my neighbor is murdered. We don't know who murdered her. Do we assume everyone's a murderer? That would be incredibly stupid, right?

Right. It would be.

It's a completely different set of circumstances.

In your weird attempt at a comparison, the perpetrator could potentially be any member of the earth's population. In this actual event, the perp is one among the guild membership.

It's narrowed down to a level where assuming they all are is the best course of action. All 17.
So, what's your goal? If it's to have a guild, you're losing. If it's to punish the thief, you're losing. If it's to prevent future thefts, you're losing.

Nothing kicking 17 members out of your group accomplishes much except to piss off people that didn't do anything wrong.
"
"
Jennik wrote:
"

Right. It would be.

It's a completely different set of circumstances.

In your weird attempt at a comparison, the perpetrator could potentially be any member of the earth's population. In this actual event, the perp is one among the guild membership.

It's narrowed down to a level where assuming they all are is the best course of action. All 17.

No you could assume everyone in the neighborhood was the murderer. Again going back to his main point reasoning needs some work.
@ColdDrizzle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info