[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
unentschieden wrote:
As far as I understand Elemental overload it should increase the damage of the Totems. The totems won´t be able to activate it themselves even if they didn´t have controlled destruction linked. However a Orb of storms would be able to trigger it even if Ancestral bonds keeps it from dealing damage.
We´d have to drop a CWDT set however Orb can be linked to support via curse on hit/blind, etc.

This is a cool idea. If you decide to test this, would you mind sharing your result?
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
is there any reason you chose infernal mantle offer soul mantle? i figured with soul mantle the build will be stronger..
IGN: Deorama
Can you link your jewels in the main post??
and what dmg you have on the totems on sheet ??
can you add the lvls of the gems we should use where you didnt post it?
Flame Dash, Arctic Armor etc.

Thx a lot. Having a Blast with the Build and the Guide!
"
Noogi75 wrote:
can you add the lvls of the gems we should use where you didnt post it?
Flame Dash, Arctic Armor etc.

Thx a lot. Having a Blast with the Build and the Guide!

Every gem needs to be max level except for the ones specifically stated :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
What happened to the culling strike and item rarity setup for finishing boss fights? Could one of the CWDT setups be dropped for this?

Also what are the optimal enchants (gloves, boots, helm) for this build?

I have followed this guide for Witch and Templar in previous leagues. This is my first Marauder. Great Guide. Thanks.
Would you consider it a possible alternative to replace Elemental Focus with Added Chaos Damage, then swap the ascendancy passive War Herald for Flames Advance? Not sure which would actually add up better.

Of course the main reason for Herald, I'm guessing, is the taunt for the totems but we didn't really need taunt pre-ascendancy so why would we need it now? Does Flame Totem even taunt since it's not a skill used by a totem, or am I understanding that part wrong? It sounds like the taunt power for the totem would be for spell totems instead of flame totems, but I could be wrong there. Then there's that armor bonus though, that might be pretty nice in Merc.

Not sure. What do you think?
I'm having a blast with this build (HC-Perandus). My 1st char though died lvl 58 due to stupid traps and misclicking my movement skill probably - dead in 1 sec...But I am back already.

Tips for leveling as I think below lvl 38/before you get Ancestral Bond the one flame totem dmg is not enough, so I used Lightning Tendrils or Spark (+ flame totem) in Lifesprig (or any other wand). You can even use a mace and a melee skill like Molten Strike or Ground Slam or Sunder.

Also before you get a 4-link+ I think Flame Totem + added lightn/cold or chaos damage does more dmg then the other support gems early on.

And before you get Blood Magic running an Aura like Anger (+Fire Dmg) is nice.

And biggest plus for me (still using it lvl 50+) is Vaal Molten Shell (+added lightning or chaos) for Perandus Chest mobs and Strongboxes - just run inside the perandus mobs and pop it - 10 sec massacre and open chest.
Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Mar 12, 2016, 5:49:18 AM
Hello, Bro. This build is viable magic find?
Yes it is MF viable I just got a few pasives with res and jewels with res
Changed most gear for MF
You can have a look at my char fake_smaug

Not the most optimal but gets the job done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info