[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
xecutable wrote:
I too struggle to find a wand that I can wear cause not enough intelligence. Also is a shield necessary?

For low lvl chars I recommend get extra +30 int and dex points in tree.
Later I suggest focus on items with int and dex on helm, gloves, rings and amulet. Also if you want get more int you can try fill witch tree areas asap and use heavy jewel variation like that:

That tree got more int inside. Shield is optional IMO, but I don't recommend go double Apep Rage uniques, this not work optimal.

My dps is 29298, and I still don't have best gem setup on standard league.

http://i.imgur.com/Bz6Mx5Z.jpg

If I use Doryani's Invitation belt it can be even 30092 but I don't like loose so much hp.
Last edited by Elua on Jan 1, 2016, 10:43:14 PM
"
Elua wrote:
"
xecutable wrote:
I too struggle to find a wand that I can wear cause not enough intelligence. Also is a shield necessary?

For low lvl chars I recommend get extra +30 int and dex points in tree.
Later I suggest focus on items with int and dex on helm, gloves, rings and amulet. Also if you want get more int you can try fill witch tree areas asap and use heavy jewel variation like that:

That tree got more int inside. Shield is optional IMO, but I don't recommend go double Apep Rage uniques, this not work optimal.

My dps is 29298, and I still don't have best gem setup on standard league.

http://i.imgur.com/Bz6Mx5Z.jpg

If I use Doryani's Invitation belt it can be even 30092 but I don't like loose so much hp.

can you post your gear elua?
I did what you suggested and it helped tremendously. I guess now that im 70, i can refund a few points. I'm curious to what gem links you are using, excluding the main flame totem one.

PS: I know that the guide suggested prioritizing fire/spell dmg over cast/attack speed but between these 2 talismans:

if the speed one gives more dps, does that mean that sheet dps on the tooltip is wrong?
Last edited by xecutable on Jan 2, 2016, 8:57:48 PM
"
xecutable wrote:
I did what you suggested and it helped tremendously. I guess now that im 70, i can refund a few points. I'm curious to what gem links you are using, excluding the main flame totem one.

PS: I know that the guide suggested prioritizing fire/spell dmg over cast/attack speed but between these 2 talismans:

if the speed one gives more dps, does that mean that sheet dps on the tooltip is wrong?

This is not tooltip error, that 19% cast speed amulet is insanely good. Standard ones are max 13%. And cast speed helps put totems faster, and teleport faster: thats matters a lot in endgame.

Best gem combo for Flame Totem looks like:

- 21 lvl 20q Flame Totem
- 21 lvl 20q Faster Projectiles : a must have gem, numbers are low, but believe me it's super important
- 21 lvl 20q or 20 lvl 23q Faster Casting
- 21 lvl 20q Controlled Destruction
- 21 lvl 20q Added Chaos Damage
- 4 lvl Empower
Last edited by Elua on Jan 2, 2016, 9:33:00 PM
"
Daniel_Ra wrote:
can you post your gear elua?

Many gems for Fire Trap and Searing Bond will be changed, and Lighting Warp will be replaced by Flame Dash. Also I'm lvling Controlled Detruction, so no using it yet and saving my exalts for lvl 4 Empower.
Last edited by Elua on Jan 2, 2016, 9:30:28 PM
I see thanks for the support gem list. I'm guessing the empower/chaos dmg outweigh fire penetration for you to leave it out? I saw a lot of posts, debates and calculations about fire pen that im confused at this point.
Last edited by xecutable on Jan 3, 2016, 12:51:30 AM
You can try it and choose personally. Just put gem to 2'th weapons set and lvl it in background.

I don't use it because mob packs die so fast I even don't use Flammability curse 90% of time.
After 20k dps most important thing is how fast you can reposition totems, nothing more.
I play mostly maps without extra mobs resist, If you got map with fire resistsnt mobs you can swap gems. Also Flamablity curse is stronger then Fire penetration gem:

Last thing is Fire Trap. If anything is hard and refuse dies just spam it on tough mobs and they melt like ice on Sahara desert. Properly linked Fire Trap is super strong, and provides outstanding single target dps.
Last edited by Elua on Jan 3, 2016, 10:14:17 AM
Gotcha. Well thanks for the clarification. You've been helpful a lot.
"
xecutable wrote:
I see thanks for the support gem list. I'm guessing the empower/chaos dmg outweigh fire penetration for you to leave it out? I saw a lot of posts, debates and calculations about fire pen that im confused at this point.

Fire penetration does by far out-dps added chaos damage or empower. It is the single most important support gem with Flame totem for DPS =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
I only get 1.5 percent increased dps when I selected the 8 percent "increase elemental damage" node. I got about 1.7 percent increase from the 12 percent "increased fire damage" node. Why is that?

I got a slightly larger increase from selecting the 10 percent "increase spell damage node".

Overall, I don't see much increases from damage skill points. What if I just max out the life wheel instead since I'm doing hardcore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info