[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

here was a mistake :X
Last edited by perling on Dec 22, 2015, 10:23:37 AM
Hello,first let me say that this is a very good guide and it shows how much work you put in to it,im also running a flame tottem marauder inspired from your guide and i wanna post my thoughts on it.

First of all let me say that increased duration is useless on herald of thunder because the after effect doesnt cause damage,that happens because the game treats it like it is you that makes the damage not the tottems,its the same thing with molten armor,i tested it a lot puting in and out ancestral bond that is probably a bug because the game recognises the on kill effects of totems like Rigwalt's crest two stone ring that summons a wolf when your totems kill a minion or maybe its because the after effect is on you not the totems then it is tottaly intented and not a bug.

I also want to suggesst lvl 1 cast when damage taken+phase walk+increased duration works wonders for fast movement,making you escape whrought mobs and focusing the agro on tottems instead of you.

Lastly i wasnt impressed with vaal haste and i switched to vaal summon skeletons linked with increased duration.minion life and minion resistance making it a very effective "OH SHIT" button when you need a meatshield to take the heat for you.
I also use herald of ice,flame golem linked to minion life and elemental resistances making him a reliable damage aura that can take some hits also and lastly as a curse i use elemental weakness.
Last edited by otiarren on Dec 22, 2015, 11:39:30 PM
What are some good CWDT options? I'm looking for defense. And I don't want to manually cast enduring cry.

Thanks!!
Today on my talisman league marauder got Tablula Rasa drop so I can test dps numbers for supporting gems Flame Totem. It's not 100% accurate because gems got different qualities, but all my supports have 18 lvl, Flame totem is now 19 lvl.

So full 6 linked Flame Totem is 18,089 dps

after removing one support gem dps falls:

- faster projectiles 17,033
- iron will 15,567
- faster casting 14,736
- added chaos damage 14,664
- controlled destruction 12,620

So conclusions: best support is controlled destruction, and it's just huge gap to others.
Added chaos damage is second place.
Faster projectiles numbers are weak, but it very important gem I will not remove, because it speeds clearing dramatically: totams almost got "instant" area aoe.
Faster casting helps place totems faster: it's very important to be able re-postiton your totems without any delays.

Last edited by Elua on Dec 23, 2015, 5:49:13 AM
Whats better in the endgame?

1h+shield or a 2h staff with +2 fire? :/
this is my current build.im using it as a MFer. im sitting at close to 19k dps with double apeps and 15k with lioneyes. here is my current gear and gem links, is there anything i can change? my logic behind not using fire pen is that a lot of my fire damage is converted to chaos so its not worth to use fire pen.
one question

HOW ABOURT +3 staff and kaome
in theory this is 27 lev flame totem 30 % more fire dmg and alot life
"
volish2k wrote:
one question

HOW ABOURT +3 staff and kaome
in theory this is 27 lev flame totem 30 % more fire dmg and alot life

Each totem cast will hurt you VERY hard. Maybe this can work with -spell cost passives, but not sure.
Last edited by Elua on Dec 25, 2015, 5:11:28 PM
Just a quick question. How much Spell% / CastSpeed% / FlatDmg would a Wand need to outperform Apeps? Rough numbers are enough, I basically followed the skill tree almost step by step.

Thank you.
Managed to snag this jewel for 20c :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info