[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Daniel_Ra wrote:
this is my current build.im using it as a MFer. im sitting at close to 19k dps with double apeps and 15k with lioneyes. here is my current gear and gem links, is there anything i can change? my logic behind not using fire pen is that a lot of my fire damage is converted to chaos so its not worth to use fire pen.
I'm using those sceptres and I'm doing 19k with my totems AND using fire penetration plus Flamability, my FT is lvl 19 (well, all my gems are lvl 19 atm), wich I think is better when dealing with bosses, and clear speed is insane. I know I could replace Doon with a better sceptre and boost even more my dps, but I use it for the STR wich boost my life, hitting 5K life with almost no life in my gears.

Edit: I've found that Apep's is better for DPS because of the cast speed, so I will be using those for a while :)
Venezolano o latino, únete: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pathofexilelatino/
Last edited by _KRL_ on Dec 31, 2015, 3:17:52 AM
Nevermind
Last edited by Candoux on Dec 29, 2015, 12:25:46 PM
What about Sire of Shards?

Admittedly, we lose a lot of +damage from the wands, but we gain 4 projectiles without losing projectile damage, effectively more than doubling the AOE damage. Additionally we even GAIN projectile damage from the staff. It's a little slow on bosses though.

On a completely different matter: how do you guy get 15k+ damage? How are these numbers calculated? Is that screen damage? Or do you double the screen damage because we have two totems? I have seen 10k screen damage tops. My gear is far from optimal, but I doubt that there is potential for 100% increase of damage.

"
Piawanegawa wrote:
What about Sire of Shards?

Admittedly, we lose a lot of +damage from the wands, but we gain 4 projectiles without losing projectile damage, effectively more than doubling the AOE damage. Additionally we even GAIN projectile damage from the staff. It's a little slow on bosses though.

On a completely different matter: how do you guy get 15k+ damage? How are these numbers calculated? Is that screen damage? Or do you double the screen damage because we have two totems? I have seen 10k screen damage tops. My gear is far from optimal, but I doubt that there is potential for 100% increase of damage.

Just check my current DPS per totem:
Spoiler

So, basically it's 44k+ DPS with both totems. My skill tree is almost the same as the guide, and my gear is this (I must look for a better amulet/talisman):
Spoiler

So it's mainly the Apeps and additional Spell damage from rings and amulet. I see, thank you.
Is there any fun leveling uniques for totem builds? I managed to find a Night's Hold amulet and it has carried me to level 39, I'm still using lvl 5 scepters that I alched and just random junk I picked up along the way to cap resist and the rest is life + magic/item find.

I did notice a tabula rasa but that's a bit above my price range at the moment, any suggestions?
Updating my gear, now I'm using the unique "Winds of Change"
This gives projectile speed and damage, plus some life, my gloves were not the best rolled, I bought those cheaper to test if it would work, and fits perfect even with those rolls. Also, a good cast speed amulet gives you more DPS than any with spell damage + fire damage + added spell damage.
Spoiler

Now I have this DPS per totem:
Spoiler
"
_KRL_ wrote:
Updating my gear, now I'm using the unique "Winds of Change"
This gives projectile speed and damage, plus some life, my gloves were not the best rolled, I bought those cheaper to test if it would work, and fits perfect even with those rolls. Also, a good cast speed amulet gives you more DPS than any with spell damage + fire damage + added spell damage.
Spoiler

Now I have this DPS per totem:
Spoiler

I like those gloves, good find!
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Can the OP post in the main post how he managed to cover the 212 intel requirement on the wand?

Perhaps update the support gems or as controlled destruction and iron will seem to outperform faster attacks/added chaos dmg.

But yah that's secondary. My main and I bet many people ran into this as well is constantly lacking from intel or dex while leveling.
I too struggle to find a wand that I can wear cause not enough intelligence. Also is a shield necessary?
Last edited by xecutable on Jan 1, 2016, 7:33:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info