[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Zinja wrote:
had some gear upgrades, and my first ever apex run... ( fail ofcourse )
dps 17k with flame golem

One hell of a Golem you have there, you could almost play without totems then. :D

"
Zinja wrote:
Noticing quite a bit of Survivability issues.... at end game...

Consider some changes in your gear. Instead of Doryani's I'm using a nice Heavy Belt with lots of Life and Strength, it's only 130 DPS less than Doryani's but 400 Life more. For the same reason I prefer Belly over Infernal Mantle, that's a whopping 900 Life more and much better Armour. At lvl 92 I have 7.5k HP, 18.5k Armour and 21.3k tooltip DPS and I'm getting by just fine.

And always know who you're up against and bring the proper flasks to the boss fight. ;)
"
MrsRosa wrote:
What skill gems should i upgrade in order

any hints?

To increase the damage add quality to your gems in the following order:

Faster Casting and Faster Projectiles for increased cast speed (also applies to Culling Strike).

Iron will for icreased spell damage.

Fire Penetration for increased fire damage.

Added Chaos Damage for increased chaos damage.
"
y damage is low but im more tanky 3k more hp and more armour then another build

Cursing Flammability will not impair your tankiness. Although it does not show in the tooltip, it will reduce the monster's fire resistance by 38% anf thereby increase your killspeed quite significantly.

"
this wand ce be good for this build 600more dps then doon

But Doon will give you a lot more HP, thus contributing to your tankiness. Flammability will do much more for your performance than this wand. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Aug 24, 2015, 5:33:22 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
MrsRosa wrote:
What skill gems should i upgrade in order

any hints?

To increase the damage add quality to your gems in the following order:

Faster Casting and Faster Projectiles for increased cast speed (also applies to Culling Strike).

Iron will for icreased spell damage.

Fire Penetration for increased fire damage.

Added Chaos Damage for increased chaos damage.

thx a lot one more question:

How much dex is prefered for the green gems you need dex

any hint?
111 Dex is required for lvl 20 Faster Projectiles / Culling Strike. More isn't really necessary unless you want to push Vaal Haste to the max, then you will need 155 Dex. An awful big investment for 4% increased cast speed granted by a temporary buff (10 sec) of limited availability, if you're asking me.

I have 113 Dex, enough for Vaal haste lvl 10 and Phase Run lvl 9.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 24, 2015, 11:30:18 AM
"
tomay wrote:
111 Dex is required for lvl 20 Faster Projectiles / Culling Strike. More isn't really necessary unless you want to push Vaal Haste to the max, then you will need 155 Dex. An awful big investment for 4% increased cast speed granted by a temporary buff (10 sec) of limited availability, if you're asking me.

I have 113 Dex, enough for Vaal haste lvl 10 and Phase Run lvl 9.

ok, then you must invest many points into dex to reach 113 - through equip
I have a nice Jade amulet (29 dex implicit) and 25 dex crafted on each of my life/cast rings. The rest is provided by the tree.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 24, 2015, 4:45:20 PM
SO is it ever mentioned in the guide how to deal with Int problems while leveling and for once your ready for mapping and wanting to get Apeps and Infernal Mantle?
While leveling you can take the +30 Notable and later get some on Jewellery for example.
Spoiler
I'm around 250 int and over 130 dex for Vaal Haste, more then enough. Once I can switch around Dex wise I'll prolly replace the boots for str ones aswell and take
, also if I would drop res cap for ele weakness/ Volcano, I could gein way more
Last edited by flipser on Aug 28, 2015, 6:13:45 PM
"
Rastamepas wrote:
SO is it ever mentioned in the guide how to deal with Int problems while leveling and for once your ready for mapping and wanting to get Apeps and Infernal Mantle?

Get some int in gear, that amulet might be really bad but it adds enough int and dex to use all the gear and gems i need.

Also invest in the +30 notables, the one near templar and even the one near witch if you really need it. You could always respec them anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info