[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Just have a little question , why u pick mana regen in tree , i mean :: to quick recovery, since its useless to have mana regen with blood magic(passive). isn't it better to take purity of flash (also 3 passive points) te get it ? if i'm mistaken tell me pwease :3

Btw Great Build/Guide, :D <3
Of course, since we are using BM we do not need the Mana Regeneration from Quick Recovery, however, that .8% Life Regenerated per Second is very neat and for three passives we get 2% more to max Life. But if you prefer the Chaos Resistance from Purity of Flesh then go for it. PoF is by no means a poor choice.

The same goes for Combat Stamina, now with Incinierate I might actually drop the 48% increased Totem Damage from Shamanistic Fury and use the three passives for CS instead which will boost Life Regeneration from 400 to 530 per second in my case.

Decisions, decisions... ;)
Last edited by tomay on Sep 8, 2015, 10:00:25 AM
"
flipser wrote:
One more proof how broken Incinerate is atm. Linked to a spell totem gem it is more average damage then an imo. very well balanced and specially introduced Totem gem that is designed to do basicly the same.

I would not say Incinerate is "broken" or-if linked to Spell Totem-superior to Flame Totem. It just suits this particular build much better since it does not care for Critical Strikes. With decent crit chance/multiplier and a variety of Heralds/Auras Flame Totem will be just as powerful but this would require a different skill tree and gear choices.
Last edited by tomay on Sep 10, 2015, 8:55:30 AM
can this tree be used for a mf culler? (like 100% mf gear)?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Hey nice build! Im using ur build just with some passive tree different ways. Sad thing i take big damage from enemy :|
We all "take big damage from enemy" now, it's the nature of the beast in PoE 2.0, monsters hit a lot hard harder than they did before. Lifting's tree is designed to cope quite well with damage taken, with LOTS of HP, armour and life regeneration. We don't know the changes you made in the tree but maybe that's the problem.
Does anything need to be changed in the tree or suggested gear if we want to transition to incin totem from this build?
Besides 1 more jewel slot for rain of splinters.
Since the 1 month league is soon upon us, Is this still a good build to go for it? in HC. Any passive changes what would be good, specially for marauder?

Or just go for some spell totem incinerate.
I am using exactly the same tree as for flame totem plus the spire and the rain of splinters jewels. You could go mana based with a few minor changes to profit from auras/ herald, but the dps boost compared to infernal mantle is not significant and would cause more trouble when it comes to map mods (even no regen is fine atm with an extra pot). When you have a quality spell totem gem you can spec out of placement speed and maybe opt for more cast speed, but the cluster near scion, where you would save most points, also offers cast speed...

As for the 1 month league. I totally recommend this guide for starting, you don't need any specific gear to start rollin, a +1 fire wand will carry you a loooong way up to infernal mantle (ft+fc+firepen and on lower levels added something damage). Yet I guess Infernal Mantle will not be cheap in the 1 month, which imo is one of the biggest pros as a bm character. Same for the Clear Mind Jewel. I do also think flame totem is superior to inc totem when it comes to leveling mainly because you will replace totems more often while running and you don't need the link for the spell totem gem.
Last edited by flipser on Sep 27, 2015, 6:12:16 PM
I repurposed one of my characters to test this build before the 1 month league. Currently lvl 74 my templar is doing quite well. I can recommend it to any newcomers as it does just fine with self found gear.
Last edited by horizon21 on Sep 28, 2015, 11:25:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info