[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Zinja wrote:
tomay is doon better than apep's rage?

Depends on how much STR you get from gear (286 in my case). I'd say with Infernal Mantle Apep's is the obvious choice but I'm using Belly for increased max life and Doon also adds 115 HP and increases life regenerated per second by 6.

"
flipser wrote:
P.S.: Getting Fortify with Doon and Leap Slam is cool, but way slower then Flame Dash for Movement.

Didn't even think of that. ;)

20% global damage reduction clearly is a neat bonus and I don't like the way GGG have nerfed FD at all, the new fixed (and rather short) length can make Dash outright dangerous for movement.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 23, 2015, 4:56:14 AM
The lenght of Flame Dash is still enough for Cliffs, Underground River stuff and Pietys Clock Laser.
But since your using Cwdt Phase Run your Movement is covered I guess :) I wish I had 4 more Sockets XD

P.S.: I find Rain of Splinters rather uninterresting. The Aoe is big enoug without it already, most of the "bonus AoE" overlaps the old projectiles anyways. Also the drawback is to big imo, not talking about the -Damage, but on investing a Jewel Socket, which you can't spend on some Op rare Jewel.

P.P.S.: Any Idea how to trigger Fortify while using Apep's? I love that Chaos dps. It's way stronger then the Tooltip makes you think, but the Fortify makes Doon tasty, if I've had enough Sockets... Weapon swap feel inefficent, cause I can EC without getting close to mobs. I also put Saffel's in my Offslot for elemental bosses, which would make me more vulnerable to most of the mobs I'd be jumping at to get a few seconds Fortify.
Reckoning does not proc Fortify for me, but even at only 30% Block from Lioneye's it triggers nicely. Since we got dual totem it doesn't do dmg though, so don't try -Stun- Endurance Charge on Melee Stun.
Maybe a badass dagger could keep up, but then I'd feel like I waste a perfect dagger for a non-critter..- (at least not often)

Oh, and thanks for the Quick Recovery tip, even though its just 0.8% more regen, so we got 5,1% instead of 4,3% it still mitigates ground Chaos dmg (Zombies, those guys throwing Bombs, that jumping Tora beast, did not check Trio degen yet) better then 12% Chaos res which I picked up at PUrity of Flesh.
Last edited by flipser on Aug 23, 2015, 7:20:33 AM
As I said before, with Rain of Splinters it's a bit like chosing between LMP and GMP but while it's rather easy (and often practiced) to swap the LMP/GMP gem for more dmg against single targets, swapping tree jewels is a bit awkward IMO. But RoS looks really cool. ;)

And the only other way of triggering Fortify is indeed some bad@ss spell dagger and Whirling Blades + Fatser Attacks, another great movement skill btw. I was using it for a while when I was levelling the witch (Cybil's Paw + Crest of Perandus = 48% spell dmg/12% cast speed) until I could use my wand.
Then again a dagger can't roll cast speed. 100ish spell damage is only possible with a combination of both prefixes and we'd also love flat ele added... It would also have that bad taste of wasted crit potential.
Yes, I suppose a Dagger is out of the question really. Same as Cybil's Paw. In order to get some decent spell damage you'd have to go to the Duellist tree as well for all the shield block goodies. It can be done sure but it will be a very different build although tanky in its own way with high shield and spell block (with Lazhwar, Rainbows and Rathpith).

Leap Slam is very slow indeed even with 20/20 Faster Attacks. Doon's weapon IAS is nothing to write home about and we don't have any attack speed passives.

At the moment I'm testing Frost Wall (instead of Tempest Shield) with CWDT and Phase Run. So far I'm quite impressed. Thanks to Phase Run the wall doesn't block my movement. Frost Wall lvl 1 serves the purpose, I don't want it last too long obviously... and no, our totems do not melt it down. ;)
my fixed build 11k DPS 9,5K HP 14K Armour 91lvl

I don't see Flammability, your damage is rather low anyway and Flammability would certainly help a great deal. And there would be no harm to it, if you get hit Enfeeble will override Flammability.
Last edited by tomay on Aug 23, 2015, 7:37:24 PM
had some gear upgrades, and my first ever apex run... ( fail ofcourse )
dps 17k with flame golem

Spoiler

Noticing quite a bit of Survivability issues.... at end game...
found out that cast speed increases tool tip dps by a lot more than most aura's.
i.e Haste >anger> heralds.
The only defensive aura that i run is arctic armor at 13% reservation....
Not sure on how to best proceed with the build To make huge improvements in defensive abilities ...
have 12k armor base and 54% phys dmg reduction..
my tree atm
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMGDgn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEWbxkuGjgaPhzcJKolvCcvJ-0pLioTK7YsnCynMjQy0TbpOtg8LT38RUdG10mySsRQR1WpVw1YY1jlWfNaK15dXz9j_WZUZp5oZWjyagFxhXIPcql65nyDfLh99YIHgpuDX4PMh2WMRox2jM-PGpBVlG-XtJo7ogCj8qeUrY2vbK-3sUK3Mbc-wGbEWMT2xq7G2M9-0f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzaudtP37_gw-Fz42rr7uw47TzvDvAf8azyQfOb9kj2rviT-tL-Cg==

Planing on switching to enfeeble for tough boss stuff,gotta see if i can fit some dual curse stuff anywhere.....
Domine Non Es Dignus
Last edited by Zinja on Aug 23, 2015, 9:24:24 PM
i follow the guide and i am level 79 atm

My question:

What skill gems should i upgrade in order

any hints?

"
tomay wrote:
I don't see Flammability, your damage is rather low anyway and Flammability would certainly help a great deal. And there would be no harm to it, if you get hit Enfeeble will override Flammability.

y damage is low but im more tanky 3k more hp and more armour then another build ft

this wand ce be good for this build 600more dps then doon
Last edited by davc1234567890 on Aug 24, 2015, 4:24:32 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info