[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Hi, it's an amazing build ! But how can you got in off int for wand or spells ?
tree alone has +150 to intelligence.. his items have the rest, but just 2 iirc
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Loving that dual flamer, and it is still the strongest char i've played.

2 issues coming up here, and i'd love to hear some experienced opinions:

- Auras: Looking for one or two auras to increase totems life. Which one would be the best?
if that doesn't make sense at all, which offensive Auras would be the best choice?
I guess herald of ice is the best, how about using it with pyre to benefit from +% fire dmg?

- Aztiri: Maybe that has been mentioned before, but how does this char deal with aztiri? never tried and as i'm playing HC i'd like to avoid finding out it doesn't work :P

Btw, Vaal Grace is a VERY nice add for big mob Groups that kill your totems fast .. it makes them almost immortal for ~ 11 - 12 sec
"
Nightblast87 wrote:
if that doesn't make sense at all, which offensive Auras would be the best choice?
I guess herald of ice is the best, how about using it with pyre to benefit from +% fire dmg?

That's something I'd also like to know. How important is Blood Magic in this build? Is the easily reachable mana reg in this build enough to sustain it?
And if yes, which auras/heralds to use?
"
"
Nightblast87 wrote:

That's something I'd also like to know. How important is Blood Magic in this build? Is the easily reachable mana reg in this build enough to sustain it?
And if yes, which auras/heralds to use?

i can answer that.
tried to run without blood Magic and it is an Option, but in my eyes its not better.

-> You have to waste 1 socket of the totems links for blood Magic gem (casting totems with mana is too expensive), and that'll give you a dps loss

You're able to run 2 - 3 auras, but you'll don't really need them, after my experience the totems dont benefit from most auras ... lifereg for example is too slow when you fight a bigger Group or a strong Boss

its way easier to put the two Points in BM keystone and 50% less reserve, so youre still able to run 1 - 2 auras without loosing too much life, and with a decent lifereg casting totems all the time is no problem
hey,
using ur build at 1month league, doing awesome, thanks for ur guide and ur video (very detailed!),

u think this character can deal good in end game too?(78maps, atziri),

Yo!

Progressing over 3 days of playtime (roughly 12 hours?) to merc a3 now. Gear is easy to find in the 1mhc league, exiles everywhere so the rares rained upon me.

At the time of this post, I'm rocking this in a 3-Link of FT-GMP-FProj and it wrecks content. Imagining it with FC and Fire pen is beyond me :D I don't even specced all for dmg, don't have all totem nodes and just mediocre cast speed / gear.

Fun to play and safe even in the rippiest of all leagues.

I don't run CWDT yet, upgrading my gear now with shopping here and there.

Solo, this is a breeze and in groups my totems tank / lure alot of enemies.

Plan: going EE with double-curse and CoH Ball-Lightning (one 4-Link), another 4-link for CWDT, one 3-Link for lightwarp, one 3-Link for Vaal Haste (melting faster)

Gear for reference:

IGN: WildTortillaFart
Where on earth are we supposed to get the intelligence required for this? This is the biggest turn off for me. I hate having to look for gear that has stats so that I can use certain things, but it's even worse in this because the weapon doesn't use the class's primary stat, so you really, really have to look for intelligence. We only pick up 10 intelligence in the 85 point tree you linked. I really don't understand.
Looking through previous posts, people say to get the intelligence through items, but that just doesn't make sense. Even if I had 2 rings that both gave +30 intelligence, and an amulet that has +30 intelligence, I would still be short on intelligence until I got to the last leveling tree posted, because there's only one +10 intelligence node picked up until then...not sure what I'm supposed to do, probably going to forget about this build and try it on scion or witch :(

@Kaladin, yah int/dex is an issue look at my tree and items to help you see how you equip with int/dex

STATS
Spoiler

ITEMS
Spoiler

See Ring/Amulet only have int.
for Dex i am using +26 dex gloves, although i can also add +dex on helm from master.

TREE

Expertise for +30 dex

Sanctity +10 int
Ancestral Knowledge +30 int
Light of Divinity +10 int
Retribution +10 int

(+60 from tree)
Last edited by commonjunks on May 13, 2015, 2:02:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info