[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Great build. Just get 4/4 in HC. Don't need good gear to be strong.
Because I played in HC, I changed skill tree a little bit to be more tanky. Then I use herald of thunder to add dps. So I can choose (depend on map and party) if I want to sacrifice 9% life to get more dps. I also use firetrap instead of 2nd totem to add dps and burning effect to mobs since the goal is lvl to 80, not farming.

Below is my gear and skill tree if anyone is interested. Amulet, wand, belt, gloves are self found, all other gears are below 3c except 5L chest armor, but a 4L is enough I would say. For links, I think Faster proj is more important then, so for 4L I recommend Flame totem, GMP, Faster Casting, Faster Proj. Or you may have proj speed on wand and then replace Faster proj with added chaos damage.

Passive skill tree build
Any idea how 2.0 affect this build?
"
Artemjus wrote:
Any idea how 2.0 affect this build?

Really too early to tell since it's only day 2 of closed beta. GGG is looking to kill shutgunning so this really kills the single target DPS on GMP flame totems. I know they are buffing base damage to help compensate though, but likely the numbers will be tweaked over the course of the beta before rollout. I'd just stockpile currency at this point and wait to see how the changes get ironed out.

Most likely scenario I've seen discussed is that we'll have to pick up an alternative for single target nuking.
Just wondering what is considered the best final gem in the 5l setup between added chaos and faster projectiles?

Lifting, I'm here to post an enormous thank you for this build and the detailed guide!

Back-Story: I've played PoE since a few months before the 1.0 release, but always on Softcore and Softcore leagues. So you could call me experienced, but I don't consider myself a great PoE player by any means...I play super casually.

That being said, I watched your build guide video and have wanted to try it for quite a while. I finished up 1MSC last week and then decided, 'Screw it, I'm going for 4/4 Hardcore too'. That was literally 5 days ago. I have never made a Hardcore character before that leveled past 10-20 just goofing off. I followed your guide to the letter, and am happy to come on here and say that it carried me through all levels, up to 74 maps, and in full parties with absolutely no issues. I had a few VERY close calls, but only because of my carelessness - and even then the build saved me from my stupidity!

So I basically wanted to post this as a testimony to how good this totem build truly is, and how forgiving it is. Things are obviously going to change bunch in Act 4, but I can't think of any better way to show the people who are looking at this build how HC viable it really is. If I can do it, ANYONE can!

To put some seriously amazing icing on the already delicious cake, I got this little gem on drop yesterday:
Spoiler

TL;DR

In short...THANKS BRO!!
"Accountability is the perfect counter-weight to ambition." -Dominus, High Templar
I'm going to try this in the 5day self found race. For those that are interested in doing it also I made a spreadsheet in google docs. it's not pretty so I'll toss a link down at the bottom but put the relevant info here. This is just a scouring of information from this build, the wiki, youtube, and other sites. I'm not claiming I came up with any of this on my own. Just organizing it so I can race and not pick the wrong gem from a quest and end up screwed.

I don't see any major issues except a few gems. This will require a little luck or making another char to get something like Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

You really can only count on 4L your Flame Totem with FT - Fire Pen - GMP - Added Chaos Dmg.

Gems
If you want to get some gems for this prior to racing Go shadow first
Enfeeble A3N Lost in Love
Increased Duration - Act 1 Cruel Merv,
Faster Casting from weaver and general in Act 3 Cruel
Faster Projectiles also from General in Act 3 Cruel

Act 1 Normal
Hillock - Molten Strike
Brutus - Molten Shell
Merveil - Life Gain on hit (Used with Molten Strike)

Act 2 Normal
Chamber of Sins - Flammability
Weaver - Added Fire Dmg (Used with Molten Strike) No use on Flame Totem.

Act 3 Normal
Lost in Love - Searing Bond
General Grav - Fire Penetration

Act 1 Cruel
Hillock - Flame Totem
Brutus - Immortal Call

Act 2 Cruel
Nothing of use but rings from beast

Act 3 Cruel
General Grav - Increased Duration
Library - Added Chaos Dmg

Act 1 Merciless
Tidal Flats - Increased Duration

Act 2 Merciless
Beast - Rare Ring
Weaver - Rare Wand

Act 3 Merciless
Library - Greater Multiple Projectiles

Faster Casting x3 - They do drop randomly or in Act 2 Cruel from other class quests.
Faster Projectiles - Make a Ranger and Kill Merv in Act 1 Normal
Lightning Warp - Probably easier to get Leap Slam instead unless it drops
Reduced Duration - Drop only
Increased Duration - Act 1 Cruel Merv, Faster Casting from weaver and general in cruel, Enfeeble A3N Lost in Love if you play a Shadow char first
Increased Area of Effect - Play Templar or get it as a drop.

Leveling/Farming
1-32 Level Normally
32-34 Farm Docks
34-35 Kill Piety and Dominus
36-40 Ledge
42-45 Chamber of Sins
45-48 Vaal
50-53 Docks
53-54 Kill Piety and Dominus
54-57 Ledge
58-60 Chamber of Sins
60-61 Vaal
61-62 City of Sarn
62-66 Docks
66+ Puety and Lunaris Temple
66+ Low level maps
66+ Catacombs

I do have a couple of questions though. What level can gems drop? can you get a GMP as early as level 1 or do they have to drop off level 31 mobs? I wasn't sure if they were treated like currency or based off their required level. Their ilvl I think is 1.

let me know if I made any mistakes. Will be a fun couple of days while I try this build in the SC and HC 5 day self found. I want to get both to 70 then mess around on the SC char for the remaining time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/117Ui0PjMMva_0YkyaEZTxGkXYZJyUtkoFNHr3uUVepc/edit?usp=sharing
Last edited by Murphyw on Apr 25, 2015, 8:23:48 AM
Hi, im currently using your build in Standard SC league and its going strong (86 lvl right now).

I loved the Windscream double utility and im currently sporting a doedre dmaning ring (triple curse) what are your opinions on this?

Im thinking about dropping my fire mantle and get an armor with health and armor qualities.
Hi, im currently using your build in Standard SC league and its going strong (86 lvl right now).

I loved the Windscream double curse utility and im currently thinking about sporting a doedre damning ring (triple curse), what are your opinions on this?

is it worth it?
I did this build for the 5 day race and i can say it is a strong build got to lvl 75 with only self found items and still did good.
And if i can recommend a unique ring to use I would pick pyre sapphire ring because it clears the bodys away and it make is safer to fight necros and any other mobs that revives and detonate dead boxs ( the spell totem spark is just there to fill up space because i couldn't find anything better to go there. and conversion trap is just to have someone be my meat shield when things got too crazy. )
Spoiler
Last edited by xxdeadrose on Apr 28, 2015, 4:16:47 PM
Flame Totems will be a-OK!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8CsSX_YxA

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info