[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

OP:

Thx, i hit the 'Eternal' achievement yesterday, lvl 90 in HC perm.

no lvl 20 gems, helm misses the Flammability gem I switched for last few levels with Assassin's Mark from a dear friend. Gloves below.

"
Leanfear wrote:
I am at lvl 66 now, starting with lvl66 maps with some mods and I have absolute no problem with the regular monsters, just in some cases there are blue monster packs like this "tentacle machine gun things" that kill my totems extremely fast.

Only big problem I have are the boss room on the maps, there are too many mobs + the boss and it really cost nearly my RIP (playing HC).

Is this build really end game viable?

Thx!

Well, for totem placement, it helps if you dont place them together, spread them, flank the titty-bitches packs (x = totem, dots = bitches) x ..'..''.... x, dont stand still and recast when they die.

So for the real deal, bosses and exiles. I use to carry a 4Link with Vall Summon Skeletons, Vaal Lightning Trap, Increased Duraton and Vaal Haste:

Drop skellies, cast totems, pop haste and throw 1 trap, wait till it expires, throw next ( u can store up to 3 charges).

The things melt so fast, and it's SUPER helping in groups since shocked + skelly auras + Distraction help soak up things and blast through.

"
Thaikurgan wrote:
Hey all,

First off, big thanks to OP for this build! I just hit level 75 mark, and I had an absolute blast!

Here is my dilemma. I feel like now that i'm level 75, i'm not sure where to go with this.. Are there gear upgrades you recommend at this point? I'm at 20k dps now, and just tear through everything...

I'm about to start a new character only because I feel like this is about all I can do with him..

Spoiler

I would love any advice anyone can be. I really enjoyed leveling, but its wierd.. as soon as I put on my new weapon I was like... ok.. now what...

Your gloves look like you could get some serious bang for little buck. You play SC, perhaps you aim at a 2nd curse.

If you have no goals to reach and 'feel complete' about it, well, idk, stop playing this and roll an alt? =)
IGN: WildTortillaFart
Last edited by Deathneat on May 29, 2015, 7:18:24 AM
Hello guys,

Firstly thx so much for this OP build :) Its rly fun to play and the damage is insane :) Currently I´m sitting at 35k overall dps. I have 3,6k life and caped ress (except chaos).

Passive tree on level 82:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEABAcEswYOBqAJ9g48EFgQzBRxGS4aOBo-HwInLyftKo0snCynMjQy0TWSNsU22DpYPC09_D8nRUdG10kbSsRKyEz_VcZXDVhjWOVaK15dXz9j_WSEZp5o8m6qcYV5OXrmeyB-4oIHgpuD24dljM-QVZo7ns2iAKPypwinlKyYr2yvt7FCtfK3PriTwBrAZsMTxBXE9sauxtjR_dIh1HzVptgk2L3ZYdl82rnfv-Fz6dXsOOxV7TzwH_Fs8kH2SPau-JP5vf4K_oc=

Thinking about atziri... It would be my first time beating her so I´m really intrested in it. I can get more life from changing my armot to belly for example and spending more pass. notes to life. But I´m not sure if my dps is high enough.. What do you think guys? What should i change in order to beat her?

Thanks in advance for any answers :)

P.S. Is it somehow possible to delete my posts on forum? I fkced up one post just above this one :D I can´t figure how to delete it.. ty
Last edited by Deathneat on May 30, 2015, 7:13:18 AM
Hi,

if Armor > Block Chance @ Prio List (OP Post first page), then why choosing "Solidity" over "Armor Mastery" in the beginning?

anyway, i'm lvl87 @ sc 1mo league with http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYYz38jM_2SF8_FCDvDho-8i98uCku8axXDdIh8kGCB9l8FHEOPN-_Jbwsp0rE9q7ZYa2Nz352rBkuJ-0GDtR8CfbE9sQVffU9DySLBjmAVk99UWA8LUz_r2xo8vAfogDhc5o77TzVpoKb7DgnL5BVGjjAGnGFRtfaubFCeuZj_WaeWOXDE1oro_L60h0Uj0aboXgvGGp85VgH99esmPFsOlhVxjbYSRsqjexVxq4QzP6HeyD4k7c-_grYvTWStfJuqkrIPycqTRUgd-M=

any suggestions for next skills? i am playing with dual curse and have specced the skill nodes, because after the league i'll use iiq boots and a mf amu (+2x andv rings), so there is no room for +1 curse items.

for dmg: i could take "firewalker" (8 points) and "retribution" (2 points), or go from retribution and take "Shamanistic Fury" too, up to "Firewalker" (would be 13 points)

for surv/life nodes: is "profane chemistry" > "Purity of Flesh" / "Combat Stamina" ?

my chest is atm Belly of the Beast, but sooner or later i want to use greed's embrace, so i would need more def/life nodes instead of the dmg i think (and ofc more res).

for items / BiS:

rare mf amu
2x andv
greed's
heartbreaker + high life/res/def shield // x + mf shield for swap
perandus
goldwyrm
aurseize (imho, because i need the res)
rare mf helmet with life/res
mf potion
Last edited by Atum84 on May 30, 2015, 7:00:48 PM
What about the unique ring PYRE? Can it be good with this build?
Any changes to build with new update and changes to skill tree??

EDIT: BETA skill tree
Last edited by Shmoo11 on Jun 5, 2015, 10:40:28 AM
Hey guys, I'd like to have some advice for my totem build !

im currently lvl 81, and coming from 1month hc league

had alot of fun there but now, in standard, i feel that my dps is too low to run higher lvl maps :(

i already improved my gear but the dmg still seems too low, especially my totems die really fast

i also want to keep some MF so i am not going 100% damage

here is my gear

can sm1 experienced tell me what to upgrade ?

and maybe u could take a look on my passive tree, maybe i made some mistakes that lowers my damage

the main problem is, as i said above, when there are large groups, the totems die too fast and for example when i run a plateu map, my dmg seems too low to be efficient

but at lvl 81 i expect to run those maps without trouble

any advice would be helpful :)

EDIT: forgot the most important part: my tooltip dps is around 2.1k
Last edited by Freez3r on Jun 6, 2015, 7:50:21 AM
So do we think that flame totems will be dead after the shotgun effect is removed?
My Youtube channel! Path of Exile bits and pieces!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGfyRQ8fKN8-NxC-s_urqA
NO! i just hit 72 lvl on beta, my flame totem dps is 4300 with flame golem i dont use splinter jawel(craped gear). Easy soled maps 68-69. use only 4 links.

(sry for my english) :D
Last edited by qrkizawz on Jun 7, 2015, 3:18:54 PM
How do I get intelligence to this build? Im level 53 right now and I followed passive skill tree very end. Now I cannot use wands or shields.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info