[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Great work with the detailed guides and videos so much appreciated!

My first +70 char in POE with this build, wuuuhhuu! :D

I'm still pretty new to the game, but playing with this build is for me much more safe compared to the other builds I have tried, I'm playing Bloodline HC all the way.

Started running Maps at level 70 and are running 66-69 Maps at the moment, but still think it can be damn hard, nearly died to Tunneltrap on a one hit.

My gear is as follows and I need more Dex for the GMP to continue upgrade, but working on that, further more, can it really pay of taking an Stone of Lazhwar instead of another amulet with more stats?
Spoiler

Placed the items in a Spoiler, can't get them placed side by side :)

I got the Windscream boots, so any suggestions for a second curse, maybe projectile weakness?

Cheers
Aaskilde
Last edited by Aaskilde on Jan 19, 2015, 7:48:58 AM
"
Aaskilde wrote:

I got the Windscream boots, so any suggestions for a second curse, maybe projectile weakness?

I would curse Flammability + Elemental Weakness.
Can Herald of Ice be supported by Cold to Fire? If so, would it be an interesting aura to cast?

EDIT: I've just checked; Herald of Ice adds ice damage to the totems. Herald of Ice is supported by Cold to Fire, but it makes no difference in my totem DPS. Also, the second effect of Herald of Ice seems not to be applied to totems.

EDIT: Some threads with more info
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1142713
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1005740
"
elias19r wrote:
"
Aaskilde wrote:

I would curse Flammability + Elemental Weakness.

Ahh ya ofc, will do the Elemental Weakness, thanks mate!

Mmmmmmm

also new wand +2 fire gems
Spoiler
http://poestatistics.com/users/seibar/
Last edited by Seibar on Jan 6, 2015, 3:09:04 PM
Spoiler

"
Hectrix wrote:
"
1412 wrote:
Lmao the conspiracy is real. Congrats on NOT being helpful and answering my questions, despite how much u love to brag about your knowledge of totem builds and knowing what's best. And I posted the gear to show what I got with about 1 ex worth of chaos orbs (got lucky on a sweet deal for lioneye's remorse). And sry I'm not leveling the marauder, I'm planning my srs summoner build for merciless, consIdering how crap the gear is.
Spoiler

and if you were wondering about my gems
Spoiler

all level 1, not even worth putting in the gear, because ill be putting them on as i level the marauder

first up whats up with that attitude, if u would just look up on the video he posted u will found most of ur question answered. if u dont like what ur playing just keep it for urself and play another build. theres no need to shit talk

second just take that hate to other threads

First, sorry if you thought that this hate was directed towards OP. The attitude was in response to the narrow minded comment below. I probably should have quoted that too, but we both made walls of texts and it would have been repetitive to continue to quote them [which is why both of these are in spoilers.].
Secondly, the video only Shows how the skills should be set up [CWDT-EC-ImmortalC-IncreasDuration], but it doesn't explain why it's more viable to use EC before IC. I litterally picked this game up a few months ago and never used EC [much less understood how endurance charges worked] or IC before, so i had no idea that if the skill gems were swapped so that IC was cast before EC, then by the time IC times out, the endurance charges casted by EC would also be running out as well.
Third, I dont recall him talking about using [or rather the lack of using] Elemental Equilibrium in the same way he uses them for the Searing Bond Build.
If he did, them im sorry, but i welcome you to prove me wrong and quote me the exact time at which he indicates a "yes or no" for either of these questions. And if you believe that these questions are already answered through some perceived common sense you have, or some expertise knowledge that Good PoE players already have, then thats not very welcoming of you to new players. This is a "Beginners build" so of course there are going to be questions that may already been answered by other players, its inevitable. If you're not willing to put up with these kinds of questions, then dont bother pretending to be helpful by bouncing around the question and claiming that the answers are already there, because it's not.

Spoiler

"
drokzzz wrote:
"
1412 wrote:

So if I'm correct, it should be CWDT-Immortal Call-Enduring Cry so that when immortal call runs out, we can still be protected by the endurance charges produced by enduring cry? or is the idea to make Immortal call last as long as possible?

Also, i Love this build but i have a few questions tho; after we reach the lv 85 build, then reach out to grab shamanistic fury, is it viable to go down the 3 points to grab Elemental Equilibrium? After watching your Double Searing bond build, and choosing this build over that, It would still be amazing to get that 50%elemental resistance reduction on enemies, especially when this build is capable of holding another 4L skill.
So by utilizing ice nova and multi traps in the same way as you're Double Searing bond build to trigger Elemental Equilibrium, would it be worth holding off on grabbing Flame Walker and Heart of Flame, especially when it takes 8 levels just to grab Flame walker for only 28%increased fire dmg? Purely just for adding more dps in endgame.

Nice try LiftingNerdBro.

This forum-post is filled with posts of new accounts or talk about it which don't even have characters on their accounts, like this one links gear with no gems in it, he only has an lvl 4 character. I dont know if they are youtube fans that post for fun or these are all multi's of you.

The whole concept of this build is stolen off the BM flame totem Magic Finder which might has caught his attention due to popularity, hence him adding a similar build for his youtube income (which could be way better as templar)

There is no reason to go BM with Flame Totem if you aren't Magic Finding, but he didn't get that knowledge yet, yes ofcourse it works without MF gear, but ofcourse he didn't directly want to copy and monetize that one.

Hence now with the aura's working on totems this build/thread makes no sense since its only a very slow way to play Flame Totems, and very bad one too.

Marauder takes way longer then Templar to Ancestral Bond and Flame Totem requires such low mana you dont need BM unless you are magic finding, templar routing also gives more spelldamage which increase totem dps and clearing.
As i mentioned earlier totems get affected by aura's now too, i think this build is missing the point of why the other flame totem build the keynode BM.

If you know path of exile, you know this build makes no sense.

Happy new year :)

Last edited by 1412 on Jan 6, 2015, 11:25:52 AM
Hi Guys,

I love this build and am still rocking it hard.
However, I have now been experimenting with switching some gems in the main skill setup.
Namely: Iron Will instead of Fire Penetration.
Fire penetration @ lvl 20 and q20 has +10% fire damage and 35% fire penetration.
Iron Will has +15% damage + "Strength's damage bonus is applies to spell damage as well for supported skills.
The normal rate = 1% physical damage per 5 strenght.
I have 408 strength.
405 / 5 = 81%
This will now be altered to spell damage and be applied to my Flame Totem's damage.
Isn't that way more than the 35% fire penetration?

The other way around is if I am doing 50.000 damage per second.
In which case the enemies are blocking, for example, 50%.
In that case they will block 25.000 damage and if I penetrate 35% of that we are talking about roughly 10.000 dps.

Just a little thinking over here.

On another note, I have also not taken your advice on the Faster Projectiles or Knockback but went with Culling Strike instead.
No only does Culling Strike give you(@ lvl20 + 20q) +10% casting speed and 22% increased damage but all enemies die with 10% hp left.
The killing is insane.

Please try it out and let me know how you liked it.

Also please let me know if I was correct with changing Fire Pen for Iron WIll I am realy curious.

Again, thanks for this build! Keep it up!!!
elemental equilibrium will not do u any good for this build reason is pretty simple , Investing into EE will mean that u need to socket in ice nova linked with trap , multiple traps and all that crap
which is better off socketed with another set of Cwdt defenses

I will try explaining it to like i would to a 10 year old excuse my french ,,as u can see IC takes up Endurance charges in order to proc and it will give u split seconds to run away or tank, its also better imo to blindly follow the setup as it is what most builds used u need that split seconds to gtfo when cornerned by mobs

Searing Bond again this thing is sensitive really,,U literally have to tank the mobs in order to melt them then if u talk about EE it will be another different build by then

85?? ur that willing to level this build all the way to that,,one thing to note tho when u jump around into Flame totem especially with blood magic best is to go ham with some real mf gear for dem cash this build is suppose to be a Cash Cow for u not an endgame 5 minute map clearing build theres another build for that task. remember Cash cow

then again if u take searing bond as a way to level up i suggest dont touch EE at all
i dont quite agree with the idea of u taking Marauder to level an SRS but i wont touch that subject anymore it should be quite obvious why tho

last but not least u may want to spec into getting more resist and having those increased flask effect nodes in endgame scenarios assuming u go full blown mf, up at this point if u do not know what an MF is it basically lets u collect money efficiently rather than normal char or Magic finder

basically what LNB recommend in the uniques list is under the concept where u attempt to bring this build into a much faster map clearer, if u go MF its a whole different cases at least imo this build is suppose to stuck his ass in 66-71 maps , double clienting Dominus , Split piety/Dom runs

anyway goodluck in whatever build u planned

@above me ,,Why go culling when u have heartbreaker to do that job , No fire pen is irreplaceable ,Iron will for this build is shit

Last edited by Hectrix on Jan 6, 2015, 11:55:59 AM
@Hectrix

Obviously you are only here to try and correct people.
You act like you know it all and I don't like those kind of people.
But nevertheless.
Let me start off by sayin, No, I don't have Heartbreaker for that shit.
Secondly, you are apparently unknown with the skillgem "Culling Strike", as it also increases your damage + casting speed, why would I want to switch to another weapon, adding the fact I need another good shield for that 2nd set, just to get the last 10%. Mobs are probably dead before I even switched.
Besides, what does knockback or faster projectiles add that makes it so 'obvious' to not pick Culling Strike?
Then let's talk some Iron Will, why call that "Shit" but not elaborate?
Are you realy here to just scream something? Cause I think I made a good point when I stated that, if my calculation is correct, I am adding 81% damage to my total damage.
Please, if I am incorrect tell me and I will gladly hear your explanation as to why, but if you realy have nothing else to say but "That is shit" or "You just need this" please stop commenting.
Last edited by EpicFox on Jan 6, 2015, 5:34:27 PM
"
Hectrix wrote:
elemental equilibrium will not do u any good for this build reason is pretty simple , Investing into EE will mean that u need to socket in ice nova linked with trap , multiple traps and all that crap
which is better off socketed with another set of Cwdt defenses

I tried reading up on other CWDT setups, and all of them are IC and EC setups. However, some setups have IC supported by a higher level CWDT and EC supported by a lv 1CWDT as shown below.
-CWDT lv20, IC 20, Increased Duration 20, Enhance
with -CWDT lv 1, EC lv5, Enfeeble lv5, optional IncDur 20

Does this work or should the CWDT for IC be lower so that it's proc is more frequent? before you say just keep it at lv 9, i thought it needed to be that low so that EC is proc more often. but with it on a completely separate CWDT that is lv1, it should always be proc by any hit, and because its always on we dont need to worry about IC failing because we will always have Endurance Charges?

Unless u want me to keep the CWDT setup that LNB made and you can recommend me a THIRD CWDT set up, then there isnt a reason not to use EE. Also, with EE, i would able to maintain good dps on Yellow Monsters and Bosses that are immune to Curses [or Atziri that reflects curses] So far this is the only problem with dps i have, killing yellows with immunity to curses.

Also, you making fun of me for wanting to level this build up to 85 is complete BS, thats my decision and idgaf if this is a "CashCow build", this is the first build im actually having fun on [the SRS build earlier isn't working out and the build i made my Skill Tree for isnt updated for 1.3, so its probably dead]. Yes there are better builds to pour Chaos into, but thats all it is, chaos orbs. its not like im asking about making a build with a 6L Cloak, im just asking what options there are for the 4 sockets [3 if you chose a wand over a scepter] LNB has no use for.
Last edited by 1412 on Jan 10, 2015, 11:59:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info