Herald of X and Flame Totem

if i have herald of ice and herald of lightning does the damage apply to the projectiles of the flame totem?
Heralds boost your dmg, not minions or totems...just you!
"
Douxo wrote:
if i have herald of ice and herald of lightning does the damage apply to the projectiles of the flame totem?

They do, however the totem can't trigger the secondary effects as far as I can tell. But with the high cast speed of flame totem they boost the damage nicely.

"
justinmm1988 wrote:
Heralds boost your dmg, not minions or totems...just you!

Totems deal damage as if the player was casting the spell, anything that would change the players damage, will change the totems damage. However, the totem doesn't appear to gain the secondary effect of the heralds, so no lightning strikes/cold aoe on shatter.

Even with the low damage efficiency something like flame totem, with the high cast speed allows herald of thunder/ice to add a lot of damage.
Last edited by Agashi on Dec 22, 2014, 4:01:10 AM
i am running the dual FT AB BM build,
and yes, both heralds (thunder and ice) add damage to totems

high level heralds give a good boost, big enough to run them both on BM with MC

and while i don't usually see the HoI shatter effect (except if i go to a very low level area),
the HoT effect does proc sometimes, even in level 70+ maps

Even the unstoppable force can not break the unbreakable wall.
Which is actually a bug. Any kills that are attributed to the Totem cannot trigger Heralds; you have the Buff, they do not. What is likely happening is, an Ignite somewhere kills a monster and the kill is attributed to you, thus being capable of triggering Herald of Thunder.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info