[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
EDMOSES wrote:
Just an FYI... Elemental focus would be really bad if you're running Ramako, Sun's Light.

Why is that?, not clever enough to work it out on my own.
And what would be a good replacement for Elemental focus in a 6 piece? Please keep it a blue gem.

If the target is unable to burn (due to elemental focus) than you won't be able to generate the endurance charges which is what makes Ramako so amazing.

When using elemental focus u lose:
The charges from Ramako, Sun's Light and also the +35% increased damage from Ngamahu, Flame's Advance.
If you want to use Elemental Focus so bad then you can run this setup on a 3l: Flame Golem/Chance to Ignite/Elemental Proliferation to ignite enemies.
Hi All,

For Chieftain I'm running Ngamahu Flame's Advance, Hinekora Death's Fury, Arohongui Moon's Presence & Tokohama War Herald.

Use Enduring Cry for Endurances charges.

With the clarification from the latest Game Mechanic Q&A that totems taunt separate from player (below), and the damage reflect, I think I like it better than free endurance charges.

"When totems taunt (chieftain passive), do they become the target, or does the player (since totems represent players in certain ways)?

The totem is a separate object from the player. If the totem taunts an enemy, the totem is the taunt target."

Changed things around a little bit, got a nice helm, am finding that high movement speed is great for this build.

Since I have my first spells on lvl20, which ones should be the first to be put to 20% quality?
yo Lift,

For the primary gem set-up, in your vid it s elemental focus but in your written guide it s faster projectil.
which one is best for 2.3?

thx
How good is this build at farming Uber Lab? I have an Inquisitor Flame Totem character right now who puts out a lot of damage, but lacks in defense. Would it help to level up a Chief to farm uber lab?
"
Coldust wrote:
When using elemental focus u lose:
The charges from Ramako, Sun's Light and also the +35% increased damage from Ngamahu, Flame's Advance.
If you want to use Elemental Focus so bad then you can run this setup on a 3l: Flame Golem/Chance to Ignite/Elemental Proliferation to ignite enemies.

While it's true for Ramako, Ngamahu is 35% INCREASED dmg which is addictive, while EF is 49% MORE dmg which is a multiplier. I'd say an ascendancy node wasted is better than missing x1.5 multiplier.

On a different note, has anyone tried Empower lvl 4 and how it compares to faster proj or ele focus. I remember I ran this build in Perandus up to lvl 94 with Empower lvl 4 and tooltip at 52k, but from I see some of the support gems were buffed. But I also ran Infernal Mantle so totem lvl25.

I see the new trend is Lionseye though im not sure how lvl 24 totem (if using empower) and a 7L will compare to totem lvl 25.
Last edited by xecutable on Jul 6, 2016, 2:36:37 PM
Just for everyone’s edification, I bought a level 4 Empower (there went all my money).

Tested out some combinations with Tabula:

Have the following Gems:
Flame Totem (Lvl 21, +20Q)
Faster Casting (Lvl 20, +20Q)
Fire Penetration (Lvl 20, +20Q)
Elemental Focus (Lvl 20, +20Q)
Controlled Destruction (Lvl 20, +20Q)
Empower (Lvl 4, +20Q)
Iron Will (Lvl 20, +20Q)
Faster Projectiles (Lvl 20, +20Q)

Current Configuration: Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Empower
Damage: 34,055 (Tabula), 42,332.9 (Lioneye’s Vision)

Old Configuration: Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Elemental Focus, Controlled Destruction, Iron Will
Damage: 29,916 (Tabula), 37,194.4 (Lioneye’s Vision)

Alternative Configurations:
Build Guide: Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Iron Will, Faster Projectiles
Damage: 22,764.8 (Tabula)

Flame Totem, Faster Casting, Fire Penetration, Controlled Destruction, Empower, Faster Projectiles
Damage: 25,635 (Tabula)

Let me know if you want any other combinations.
Thanks for your detailed answer. Makes sense the gap seems to be lower, I guess by dropping faster projectiles we'd lose some range.

The only other combination that'd be useful is scenario #1 in an Infernal Mantle as Flame Totem damage receives a boost after 23, I think.

Would be interesting to see how lvl 25 compares to a 7L and lvl 24. But the again some of the tooltip dmg would be chaos and would not benefit from the penetration multiplier.

As for defense bonuses no doubt about it, Lioneyes gives us a lot more.
Last edited by xecutable on Jul 7, 2016, 4:36:16 AM
Since the guide is meant for beginners, maybe LNB left out the more expensive alternatives.

I hope it is not too much to ask for but can LNB add in the expensive options as well?
Not skyforth expensive but i think 1-2ex should be reasonable.

This will help us keep a lookout for the more expensive options should we want to take the build further, sometimes we can find bargains as well.

personally bought a 52% clear mind for 1c which i feel is a very good deal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info