[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Thanks for the tips.

Will switch to a better mace, is there any sspecific unique/mace that's good?
I did have the projectile speed in 5link before =_=
just kinda shafted myself when i tried for a 6 link earlier today
Double Apep's Rage is cheap and very effective.
I'm personally using two Scepters, with Cast Speed, Spell Dmg and Added Dmg to spells.
They work pretty darn well!
I'd say you should look for Void Scepters or Opal Scepters, with those stats.

I'd link the ones I have here, but I don't know how to do that.
Last edited by Sigge1981 on Jun 27, 2016, 12:06:40 AM
Question:

Defensive Setup 1 and 2 would be NULL and void with the Duel Totem keystone right?

Anything that you cast will not cause damage correct?

"
VomitChrist wrote:
Question:

Defensive Setup 1 and 2 would be NULL and void with the Duel Totem keystone right?

Anything that you cast will not cause damage correct?

You still get the Armour from Molten Shell as well as the chilled effect from Arctic Breath.
It's the utility from the abilities that's important here.
Hey LNB, great guide here. This guide got me into maps on two different characters last season (perandus) so it was an easy choice when deciding what to roll this time around. Still a solid and fun build to play, and the format of your guide makes it really easy to follow along and get up to maps in no time. Keep up the good work!
Last edited by Rexgar on Jun 29, 2016, 10:31:06 AM
"
Double Apep's Rage is cheap and very effective.

Apep's is a great cheap option but tooltip dps for Apep's is high because of the chaos damage. When you get to endgame with flame totem fire pen is hugely important - my totem fire pen is 56% so fire damage will be a lot more effective than chaos damage. I dual wield an Apep's and a fire spell wand and when I use just one and a shield tooltip dps is similar for both but the wand is far more effective than the Apep's - because the fire damage benefits much more from the fire pen. The fire pen enchant on boots is very much undervalued for this build - probably because it doesn't increase tooltip dps!
Noob question but what is the best way to increase "fire penetration"?
Doesn't come up as a weapon affix.
Also the mention of fire penetration on boots also needs explaining to me.
Thanks.
Hey Liftingnerd!

Awesome league starter build :).
Which gem would you leave out of the flame totem setup on a five link?
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Noob question but what is the best way to increase "fire penetration"?
Doesn't come up as a weapon affix.
Also the mention of fire penetration on boots also needs explaining to me.
Thanks.

Most of the fire pen comes from the fire penetration support gem (37% at L20). In addition some nodes from the passive skill tree give added fire pen. The fire pen on boots is an enchant (actually says 'penetrates x% elemental resistances if you haven't killed recently). Because your flame totems rather than you kill enemies it is active all the time (except if enemies die due to DOT effects like ignite). My boots have 10% penetration. Have tried to link below but not sure if it will work!

..... in addition to above flammability curse gives minus 43% fire resistance at L19 so my fire pen at present for enemies cursed with flammability is 99% (56 + 43).
Last edited by Golgeddon on Jun 30, 2016, 11:06:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info