How have Zana/cart boxes changed map pool sustainability?

Its super easy now.
IGN : @Hrrrrrrgh
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
I'm struggling to keep a healthy map pool. I got to 75s and then dropped back to 71s and even those are scarce.

This is how it is for me as well. Though yesterday I actually had a good mapping day with relatively many map drops. I'm running 71/72 maps at the moment, though, to build up a better pool again.
zana maps are way to xpansive to buy. so there is no change.
cato boxes are for sure nice, if u get the right drop. iam running 76+ maps only since i want lvl 100 and sometimes i get even on those maps with +1level cato boxes only low map drops.
on the other hand if u are lucky u end with 10+ 78s (ye that happend twice).
so in the end cato boxes are nice, zana isnt really
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
so far i've played 400+maps 74/77 in standard since 1.2.0, maybe 20-30 per day.

for example every 30 maps lvl 74/77 i play, i find 29 maps 74/77 and tons of maps lvl 70/73, lower maps are much more rarer.

i think if you play all the content ( open all the strongboxes, kill all the bosses of all maps, chisel 77maps, playing an average of 80-85%iiq maps, crafting the cartographer boxes ) you can sustain your map pool of lvl 74/77, lvl 78 maps are much harder to sustain.

tldr version: started with 25 maps from lvl 74 to 77, opened about 400+maps, still have 25 maps 74/77 but in the meanwhile i bought 20x75maps
"
so far i've played 400+maps 74/77 in standard since 1.2.0, maybe 20-30 per day.

for example every 30 maps lvl 74/77 i play, i find 29 maps 74/77 and tons of maps lvl 70/73, lower maps are much more rarer.

i think if you play all the content ( open all the strongboxes, kill all the bosses of all maps, chisel 77maps, playing an average of 80-85%iiq maps, crafting the cartographer boxes ) you can sustain your map pool of lvl 74/77, lvl 78 maps are much harder to sustain.

tldr version: started with 25 maps from lvl 74 to 77, opened about 400+maps, still have 25 maps 74/77 but in the meanwhile i bought 20x75maps

hm intereseting to hear this,
at start of 1.2 content i was lvl 96, went straight into mapping starting with my 75s (~20), 76s (~15) 77s (<10) 78s (<5).
I reached 98 within 2 weeks, havnt bought a single map. map drops was insane in that time. i still got enuff to keep up for 99 now.

but map drops has been lower now, gues a lot ppl went into tidal runs for masters and didnt really map that much, now they are mapping again and might cause lower droprates over all.
now its more like 1-2 maps back in 3 maps i run. ofc there are some maps i get out with 4-5 maps of same lvl or higher. but thats more rare than before.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Sep 12, 2014, 8:09:35 AM
I don't really get why harder content is blocked by a wall of rng. Shouldn't harder content be blocked by a wall of content that is hard?

If the boss guaranteed a map drop at the same level of current map, there shouldn't be any issue with sustaining your current difficulty level (unless you cannot clear it).
"
ladish wrote:
I don't really get why harder content is blocked by a wall of rng. Shouldn't harder content be blocked by a wall of content that is hard?

To stretch the content. It's actually a sound approach, much as I dislike it at times. We consume content much faster than GGG (or any company) could possibly produce it (and there is no meaningful PvP that can serve as endless content). There have to be diminishing returns for time invested, as well as other barriers.

I tracked map drops for a while, and my experience clashes with the guy's who claimed he gets the same number of 74-77 maps back that he runs, plus extras. It's in stark contrast to my own experience with even 72 or 73 maps. I clear maps and open containers and lockboxes, too. I'm not saying he's making that up, just that it's definitely not the same for me (at least not consistently).
"
Mivo wrote:
"
ladish wrote:

To stretch the content. It's actually a sound approach, much as I dislike it at times. We consume content much faster than GGG (or any company) could possibly produce it (and there is no meaningful PvP that can serve as endless content). There have to be diminishing returns for time invested, as well as other barriers.

I tracked map drops for a while, and my experience clashes with the guy's who claimed he gets the same number of 74-77 maps back that he runs, plus extras. It's in stark contrast to my own experience with even 72 or 73 maps. I clear maps and open containers and lockboxes, too. I'm not saying he's making that up, just that it's definitely not the same for me (at least not consistently).

chris_wilson:
One thing to note is that the community-gathered data for six-linking is off by a whole lot as well. I suspect there are two reasons:

a) Some people not submitting runs of data that don't actually end up six-linking the item (an under-reporting of non-six-links?)

b) People falsely submitting success states (an over-reporting of six-links?)

http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/269vj5/chances_of_socket_numbers_accidentally_made/

Same thing applies here. These reports are to be taken with a grain of salt. It's why the community log for 6linking failed after all.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
I'm struggling to keep a healthy map pool. I got to 75s and then dropped back to 71s and even those are scarce.

This is how it is for me as well. Though yesterday I actually had a good mapping day with relatively many map drops. I'm running 71/72 maps at the moment, though, to build up a better pool again.

Finally I ran into a Cartographer's Strongbox, rolled it to something good and got a bunch of 73/74 maps. That box was a lifesaver :)
@OP : You should add vaal orb to the title. If you have a build that can handle all mods, vaal orbs allow to hit 120-130 quantity maps. They can increase by 1 the lvl of the map or add 30% quantity by uniding the map.

Last league I was often spending 3-4 chaos per 76+ map, now it's only 0-2 and a vaal orb.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info