How have Zana/cart boxes changed map pool sustainability?

"
Gopstop22 wrote:
Blaming RNG is the easy way out - finding what you are doing wrong is hard, because you need to admit that you fucked up at some point. And I'm quite sure you have, because most of people does agree that nowadays mapping is quite easy.

Wrong, some people will ALWAYS be on the short end of the stick when it comes to rng. Ever play poker... I mean a lot?
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Sep 11, 2014, 10:04:26 AM
I remember those days, when no masters (buyable maps), no map rewards, strongboxes full of maps, not even the single map given after killing Dominus... and people were just praying to get a single 66 until they finish with Merci so they can start doing something different than regular act farming. 66-67 worth of chaos (even more)... and 70s ?! well this was a BIG EVENT... making group, Alch and chaos until high quantity, chiseling to 20%... just with the hope to get another 70 in the same run... otherwise... you're fucked up... and usually end up again in the Catacombs, cause no having maps to run... and trying to climb their way again from the bottom of the food chain.... and now... when people say its hard to sustain... no idea how you "achive" this, even if you want to :D
It wasn't that extreme, but it surely was way harder than now. You couldn't chain 77 maps all day, even highest lvls ran 74-76 maps. I remember in 1 month race i ran out of maps at lvl 89, even tho we chiseled every 70+ and alch/chaos spam it. At the end of race i had couple 70-71 left and nothing above that, good times.
76+ is fully sustainable solo now, as long as you can afford to pay for the Onslaught mod on all your maps (you can now easily ONLY run pack size/magic/rares with 100%+ IIQ).

I've not had any luck sustaining 77+ yet. I build up to about 15-ish 77s and then eventually hit a bad RNG streak that kills my 77s and puts me back to the 76 pool.

Doubt 78s will ever be sustainable solo.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
For the first time ever I have a sustained highlvl mappool. I do have to invest in creating maps to keep it sustained and that is okay. This is without Zana and Cartho boxes. I have a partner whom I run groups with and he just can´t seem to get high maps, but then he rolls meh-maps and gets no drops.

With Zana and Cartho boxes my mappool is slowly growing, allowing me to even vendor up to lvl 72 maps for higher ones. I can do 73+ even but atm I still consider that a waste.

I really enjoy this new mappool size. Before I got to lvl 75 and dropped back to 70, making me feel so crappy in quit untill the next leagues came. Now I have to work for it but get results aswell, before I had to work for it with no results.

During Ambush there was no zana, but the cartog boxes were even more common
and they could roll higher mods (more maps)

now we hhave fewer cartogs, rolling weaker mods, BUT we have a chance of
zana throwing us a free map or two.

I'd say its almost as good as ambush was.
since the patch i had to buy more map stashes :) well I also never complained before, I think I had a lot of luck pre patch and now the maps exploding.
Prices for maps and chisels have plummeted, it's clear everyone's swimming in them nowadays.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Funny, this is the first league where I'm struggling to keep a healthy map pool. I got to 75s and then dropped back to 71s and even those are scarce.
if you run 3 lvl 78 maps on average you get 1 78 map back, as long this is the case, nothing changed in terms of endgame mappin :)
"Path of nurfs" - LVL 100 + LVL 100 + LVL 100 ENDGAME REAVER
"1.3.0 Path of nurfs 3. expansion"
Shops: 1031762,774343,883462,371756,1091096,1099789,1260674
Reaver Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/velo1337/videos

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info