Farming Masters - a thread about the popular farming places!

"
Avelice wrote:
Looking at these numbers it looks ridiculously hard to get all masters just from level 7 to level 8, which takes over 10 million combined experience (assuming the Wiki is not horribly wrong). Adding in the rest of the experience needed it gets up to over 12 million. Even at the best rates here, that's over 250 hours of just master grinding.

This is assuming you get perfectly even distributions of the masters. Though in fact Zana is a trickier problem, as she takes more experience to level up, yet the distributions don't seem weighted in her favor, which would greatly increase the overall time needed to get her max level. Good luck to anybody trying to do all the challenges this league.

Zana may require more experience, but her zones at lvl 7 are around 72-74 in hideout. Which I pretty nice. I currently have her @ 100k into her 1.4M. Hope to have her done in 2 weeks. Elreon will be my first to hit 8
How much experience does area level for masters?
@Moylin (Beyond)
zana is a master that you need to run dailies for since her exp bar is easily double what others are in some levels and her dailies tend to reward 50k+ once you get her to 6+
"
tienbasse wrote:
I went ahead and farmed for a while (actually each day of last week) in Mud Flats, the Climb, the Ledge, the Docks (Merciless, with a fast archer).

And to be honest, it is very unreliable.

20% rate for Masters is in the upper range of what I got.
Most series would get me closer to 10%, with a complete lack of homogeneity (series of 20-30 runs without a single Master were VERY frequent, compensated by streaks of 2-3 consecutive maps with Masters).

There was a lot more consistency for corrupted areas, with a spawn rate of 20-25% and a very homogenous distribution.

Overall, it makes Masters farming a very frustrating experience above lv6, espcecially in a 3 month league...

I wish GGG would adress the homogeneity of the distribution rather than the spawn rate of Masters.

You can address this issue by yourself. Start running 66-70 maps for masters only. It is the most efficient and not frustrating way to farm. Spent 3 hours today running solo since noone seems to want do the splitruns. The outcome was about ~150k EXP spread over all masters.

This was solo! Imagine what you would get if you run as a 4 man team!
"
muhomorov wrote:

The same
"
ressiv wrote:
"
muhomorov wrote:

The same

Are you really that stupid or just pretending?

I was talking about a four man SPLITFARM team of course! <.<
I tried doing The Climb one night. And over 20 tries I didn't get a single master I gave up. Did GGG nerf the master spawn rate or something?
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224
well i can tell you the rate in which instances spawn masters or .. anything of note (exiles masters corruption)

seems to drop off dramatically after the first 3 or 4 hits now.

I tried 100 runs in archives , i got 6 hits in the first 10 and 5 in the next 90, and this has been constant every night since the patch hit.

It is a stealth nerf, no doubt about it.
Perhaps this new mechanic ( because it sounds familiar to me too ) applies to the same instance .. so maybe after running 10 archives we should do 10 catacombs and then 10 climbs etc etc. ?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
It just feels like a stealth nerf to master spawn rate everywhere BUT maps.

This is getting ridiculous. I'll do some more runs later tonight in the Climb and note down the total # of instances run and how many masters I get and the amount of inatances apart from master spawn. (IF they spawn.) If I do 30 instances without a master, I'm stopping.
For Ranger build tips, tactics, and critiques, visit this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info