Farming Masters - a thread about the popular farming places!

"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hmm well i guess i'll do dread thicket next :)

Yep, ruin that for me. :) It's where I had been running masters, and it worked very well. While you probably think you are doing people a favor, you just pave the way for more nerfs.
"
Mivo wrote:
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hmm well i guess i'll do dread thicket next :)

Yep, ruin that for me. :) It's where I had been running masters, and it worked very well. While you probably think you are doing people a favor, you just pave the way for more nerfs.

PATH OF NERF, LOOKS LIKE DOMINUS IS A DEV.

...................................................₪₪╔═══════════════════════╗₪₪
░▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▀▄▀ⓡ ⓔ ⓑ ⓔ ⓛ ●๋ ⓔ ⓧ ⓘ ⓛ ⓔ▀▄▀░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓██████▓▒░
...................................................₪₪╚═══════════════════════╝₪₪
Well i highly doubt that more master spawn rates will be nerfed ... 1.2.2 came with absolutely no nerfs ... and the nerfs in 1.2.1 were well deserved.

As for dread thicket ... as i said before .. i find it a terrible place to farm...

Besides i really fail to find the reason behind the rage towards GGG when a nerf lands... why do you think things get nerfed? Because the devs hate you and want you to be miserable ? Or maybe .. and i know that this is blasphemy ... but just maybe the nerfs are deserved and actually make the game better ? Maybe you want PoE to have one working overpowered build, one farmable instance and one farmable boss just to keep things nice and easy and simple ? Maybe the endless farming of the boss called "I'm easy to kill and drop 126376 items" with your snapshotting RF character is the ideal type of gameplay for you? Well for the majority of PoE community it isn't...
I just don't get the whole "Oh god GGG nerfed my stuff... and just because i was doing something that is obviously much better than everything else... QQ why the devs hate me!?" attitude...

"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 13, 2014, 8:51:07 AM
Added the Sewer Waterway!
I must say that it is a pretty nice place to farm.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Oh noes, the devz will read this thread and nurf the masterz!
Great info thank you!
I went ahead and farmed for a while (actually each day of last week) in Mud Flats, the Climb, the Ledge, the Docks (Merciless, with a fast archer).

And to be honest, it is very unreliable.

20% rate for Masters is in the upper range of what I got.
Most series would get me closer to 10%, with a complete lack of homogeneity (series of 20-30 runs without a single Master were VERY frequent, compensated by streaks of 2-3 consecutive maps with Masters).

There was a lot more consistency for corrupted areas, with a spawn rate of 20-25% and a very homogenous distribution.

Overall, it makes Masters farming a very frustrating experience above lv6, espcecially in a 3 month league...

I wish GGG would adress the homogeneity of the distribution rather than the spawn rate of Masters.
If they made it so that every 5th instance had a master people would just exploit that pattern. It has to be random (unpredictable), and in random patterns you'll get streaks of good and bad luck.
Just dropping by - I had absolutely stunning master spawn rate in Riverways location.

I know, I know, it is too large and so, but (RNG is RNG) the spawn rate there for me was amazing. Anybody with the same experience?
Looking at these numbers it looks ridiculously hard to get all masters just from level 7 to level 8, which takes over 10 million combined experience (assuming the Wiki is not horribly wrong). Adding in the rest of the experience needed it gets up to over 12 million. Even at the best rates here, that's over 250 hours of just master grinding.

This is assuming you get perfectly even distributions of the masters. Though in fact Zana is a trickier problem, as she takes more experience to level up, yet the distributions don't seem weighted in her favor, which would greatly increase the overall time needed to get her max level. Good luck to anybody trying to do all the challenges this league.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Sep 17, 2014, 2:40:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info