Farming Masters - a thread about the popular farming places!

They nerfed flats and tidal...
Nope they nerfed Fetid Pool and Tidal Island.
Anyway i still did Tidal Island because some people still run it and claim it to be profitable.

And i quote:
"
Qarl wrote:

The spawn chance of Masters has been reduced in The Fetid Pool, The Flooded Depths, The Ship Graveyard Cave and The Tidal Island.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 9, 2014, 3:34:26 AM
For high level masters farming I blitz corridor maps like wharf, pier, tropical island, etc... and open area/circular maps like dried lake, dunes, shore, coves, mountain ledge, etc... In other words non-labyrinth/maze style map with dead ends and backtracking.
That is probably the best way to farm masters - high reputation per mission and high spawn rate ( around 1 master per 3 maps ). The problem (for me at least ) is that i ran out of those maps pretty quick because i don't clear them... and if i do clear them it takes a lot more time ( compared to not clearing them at all ).
But yes maps are awesome for farming. I'll add detailed results for map farming once when i have enough maps ^^
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
I find Dread Thicket pretty good. It's pretty small, two bosses, +60 level area.
IGN : @Morgoth
Really? I find it anything but small and it's practically a maze where you must go back and forth again and again making it kind of slow to run.
I can do 100 runs if there is an interest tho.
"
KorgothBG wrote:

Area level below 60( rares cannot be used for chaos recipe )

wrong, most items in tidal island and fetid pool drop with itemlevel 60-61 dispite being found in a level 58 zone. I know, I've been doing the 2 chaos recipe from it.
Last edited by Warmey on Sep 9, 2014, 7:22:23 AM
Well... not exactly.
itemlevel 60 items in a level 58 area drop only from rare and unique monsters.
Drops from strongboxes ( unless they have +X level of items mod of course ) unfortunately are ilevel 58. And strongboxes are the best way to find rare items during Master runs because you want to run the area as fast as you can... not to kill the rares that you meat along the way.

itemlevel 61 in this areas is impossible of course because the items dropped by rare and unique monsters is monster level +2 and in a level 58 area that means ilvl 60 ( not that it matters.. since 60 is indeed enough for chaos recipes )

So guess the statement is not entirely correct and i'll fix it right away. Running an area level 58 is still a Con. tho
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 9, 2014, 8:10:39 AM
This is a really great thread. Don't forget that catacombs also has a higher chance of spawning corrupted areas, so you can get gems and fragments easier there now that corrupted zones are pretty rare.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I was thinking The Library would be better than The Archives.
<3 Free Tibet <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info