Quality of Life (1.2.5+) - What would you change/fix?

Hideout not auto set to be considered normal difficulty

Having to go to act 3 town in merc to check the notice board is blah.

Also TP to hideout when in non map zones please
Last edited by iamsamsara on Oct 31, 2014, 6:51:02 PM
I would like color coding or some other sort of indicator on the maps for which of your party members is who/where.
Original post updated will all QOL suggestions up to here except...

"
Perq wrote:

I'll add something that annoys me a lot.
English is not my primary language, and I have some difficulty remembering which base item is the "top tier", and because they use one, and the same model (sigh). Name is the only thing that can tell you which is which. Or is it? Well, no. There is still req. lvl on white items. But if item happens to be rare or magic, THIS SUDDENLY GOES AWAY, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M LOOKING AT.
Can we have something that tells us what kind of tier the item is? Like, keep the BASE LVL REQ even if the item is magic or rare?

I agree with 99% of OP, too.

Can you provide an example... I don't understand :-)
"

CONTROLS...
- allow us to TOGGLE attack in place on or off (ranged characters are at a disavantage due to the many desync issues - as it stands they must hold down the attack in place key to prevent many unexpected deaths)

I want this but attack specific. Especially regarding the fact that they changed mines so your character runs to mouse position instead of laying at the feet... and when I use mines I also use other skills that work better as they are.

Oh, here's another:

SOUND

I want mute buttons along with sliders, a general one and one for each type. (would especially like one that mutes everything but the sound currency/uniques make when they drop) sometimes I want to listen to something else, like the State of exile podcast, and I really hate that we only have numberless sliders, Im afraid to change them and not being able to set them to proper position after im done
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Nov 20, 2014, 1:44:56 PM
Notice Board - Allow players to view boards/parties for all difficulty levels. If I'm leveling a character in Cruel, it would be nice to see if there are any interesting parties or trade offerings in Merciless without having to log in with a different character.
Well, don't you shoot me but i have been playing D3 for a while now and that got me thinking..

D3 has auto-pickup for potions, so what if PoE would have auto-pickup for low-level currencies?
Like scrolls and those 3 "basic" orbs?

Oh boy, less clicking and all... :D

And why not auto-pickup for all orbs?
Well that would lead problems if someone has full inventory and then loses his eternal..
d:-D*
On thing that's always bothered me in PoE is the levelling up process. I'd love it if you could assign a skill point, leave the Skilldrasil screen and actually check what precise bonus it gave you.

Skill points should be spent in town and only when leaving town would the game checks out if they are definitely assigned.
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
Would be nice (to me) if one could change inventory on the website :) When I'm away from my PC, just browsing on the tablet, it would be nice if I could sort out my stashes from the website. Probably never going to happen, but yeh :)
Last edited by oBohz on Nov 21, 2014, 7:17:25 AM
"
Original post updated will all QOL suggestions up to here except...

"
Perq wrote:

I'll add something that annoys me a lot.
English is not my primary language, and I have some difficulty remembering which base item is the "top tier", and because they use one, and the same model (sigh). Name is the only thing that can tell you which is which. Or is it? Well, no. There is still req. lvl on white items. But if item happens to be rare or magic, THIS SUDDENLY GOES AWAY, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M LOOKING AT.
Can we have something that tells us what kind of tier the item is? Like, keep the BASE LVL REQ even if the item is magic or rare?

I agree with 99% of OP, too.

Can you provide an example... I don't understand :-)

White items have their lvl req. and generally it is higher, the better base item is.
Example:
Eternal Burgonet has lvl req of 69
Royal Burgonet has lvl req of 65
By that, you can tell these are top tier helms (adding a "tier" stat would help too, but well).
Now, when there is a blue Eternal Burgonet drop, it will only show you str req. thus hiding its "tier" from you. While some items like Eternal Burgonet and Royal Burgonet can be easily distinct from one another (because icons), boots and gloves seem to have one, and the same icon, and I have huge difficulty saying which one is the top tier (esp. if you are not playing character using these, atm).

Sorcerer Boots and Conjurer Boots have the same icon, yet one is the top tier and the other is third tier. To add more to the confusion, Arcanist Slippers (second tier) have same model as Samite Slippers (4th tier ;________;) making it really hard for me to tell which one is the top tier... or even if it is a high tier.

Sorcerer, Conjurer and Arcanist is really one and the same thing to me, because I'm not speaking english natively.

This is totally unneeded and confusing, esp for new and not natively english speaking players.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Nov 21, 2014, 7:44:24 AM
Loot filter.
"
But, we nee an auc...

Loot filter.
"
There's some guild features that...

Loot. Filter.
"
Orbs could stack when...