Quality of Life (1.2.5+) - What would you change/fix?

I don't understand how improving the overlay map hasn't been a priority, it's horrible in its current state. It's way too difficult to locate party members on the map.
Last edited by shadowscion on Sep 28, 2014, 11:21:34 AM
My biggest personal peeve with this game is loot bloat.

What I'm talking about is the 1000's of completely useless items that litter the floor. It just creates an ugly and pointless chore of sorting through the crap.

Whites in general are 99.9% useless at the current drop rate. What I would like to see is white items completely removed from the drop table and base items for gambling available from a vendor or crafted instead.

Blue items are at least semi useful now with master crafting, but there are still simply too many of them. Cut the drop rate of blues by at least 3/4, remove the chances of rolling useless affixes like t16 hp regen on a iLevel77 item and increase the chance of rolling decent mods proportionally. Basically keep the same chances of finding Tyrannical(or equivalent) blues the same but just get rid of the worthless shit, people just don't need to see it, it is pointless clutter that does nothing but detract from the otherwise great gameplay, art and atmosphere of the game.

It's painfully sad for me to see these truly amazing environments ruined by all the garbage strewn around. Instead of an atmospheric dungeon on the screen I have a wall of blue and white text floating over everything. Players have to spend more thought and effort into combing through the garbage that passes for loot for a semblance of value than they do on the combat.

And another thing is make scrolls auto fucking pickup for fucks sake! If you insist on keeping this backward mechanic instead of making portal and identify built in character abilities at least for name of all that is good in game design make the scrolls auto pickup.
My Vote for patch update:

Add a mod on Solaris Lorica Armor that gives it 2 white sockets every time it drops. I think it's complete BS that there's only 1 armor in the game that gives people access to low life builds, and Shavs happens to cost 100+ EX.

Most of those builds require socket colors that are way way too hard to roll on Solaris. It already doesn't have any ES so it's a huge ghetto armor anyway, but AT LEAST make a 2nd option for poorer players.'

Either give it some white sockets, or make it a triple armor / ev / es base so at least we can roll the colors we need.

Last edited by VixTrader on Sep 29, 2014, 10:42:40 AM
Updated with all QUALITY OF LIFE (not GAMEPLAY MECHANICS) suggestions up until now :-)
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but gems really just need a bag or something they go in that is a sortable list of their names, their level, and how many you have. Currently managing gems is a massive pain in the ass. I'm thinking something along the lines of a drop down menu.

It was even worse before they each had unique pictures, but its still pretty tedious.
HAIL SATAN!
I want chat tabs.
IRC is only communication protocol. Without improving chat UI it would in no way improve chat system as for now 1 window is cluttered with all channels.
Current chat client-server implementation is more than sufficient, but what isn't is chat UI.

The quick win implementation would be just turning top bar of chat window into tabs with own chat history and dropdowns where you could check which channel should be displayed in each tab.

Even with fixed number of tabs, in case tab management would be too much hassle, it would be a huge improvement. Just 2-3 tabs would be enough to separate global/trade and rest of channels.
"
VixTrader wrote:
My Vote for patch update:

Add a mod on Solaris Lorica Armor that gives it 2 white sockets every time it drops. I think it's complete BS that there's only 1 armor in the game that gives people access to low life builds, and Shavs happens to cost 100+ EX.

Most of those builds require socket colors that are way way too hard to roll on Solaris. It already doesn't have any ES so it's a huge ghetto armor anyway, but AT LEAST make a 2nd option for poorer players.'

Either give it some white sockets, or make it a triple armor / ev / es base so at least we can roll the colors we need.

This is not QoL, wrong topic.

"
Kazang wrote:
My biggest personal peeve with this game is loot bloat.

What I'm talking about is the 1000's of completely useless items that litter the floor. It just creates an ugly and pointless chore of sorting through the crap.

Whites in general are 99.9% useless at the current drop rate. What I would like to see is white items completely removed from the drop table and base items for gambling available from a vendor or crafted instead.

Blue items are at least semi useful now with master crafting, but there are still simply too many of them. Cut the drop rate of blues by at least 3/4, remove the chances of rolling useless affixes like t16 hp regen on a iLevel77 item and increase the chance of rolling decent mods proportionally. Basically keep the same chances of finding Tyrannical(or equivalent) blues the same but just get rid of the worthless shit, people just don't need to see it, it is pointless clutter that does nothing but detract from the otherwise great gameplay, art and atmosphere of the game.

It's painfully sad for me to see these truly amazing environments ruined by all the garbage strewn around. Instead of an atmospheric dungeon on the screen I have a wall of blue and white text floating over everything. Players have to spend more thought and effort into combing through the garbage that passes for loot for a semblance of value than they do on the combat.

And another thing is make scrolls auto fucking pickup for fucks sake! If you insist on keeping this backward mechanic instead of making portal and identify built in character abilities at least for name of all that is good in game design make the scrolls auto pickup.

YES PLEASE, THIS. "Z" for all items, "X" for magic and up (rare, uniques) "C" for rare and up, "V" for uniques only. Every mode includes currency items. This has been done in other games, see no reason to browse thro the clusterfuck of white items every time I kill a boss.

ALSO

I'll add something that annoys me a lot.
English is not my primary language, and I have some difficulty remembering which base item is the "top tier", and because they use one, and the same model (sigh). Name is the only thing that can tell you which is which. Or is it? Well, no. There is still req. lvl on white items. But if item happens to be rare or magic, THIS SUDDENLY GOES AWAY, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M LOOKING AT.
Can we have something that tells us what kind of tier the item is? Like, keep the BASE LVL REQ even if the item is magic or rare?

I agree with 99% of OP, too.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Oct 29, 2014, 2:29:51 AM
option to remove the UI on demand , so we can take screenshots and play on a clear screen if we want to do so .
R.I.P 4.B.
- Leave mana reservation skills active after logout/death. If I recall, this was previously due to a technical limitation. This may have changed with the snapshotting fix.

- Add a method of removing socket links from on an item. A crafting option on Vorici's bench seems like the simplest solution.

- Allow inventory sorting/equipping/weapon swapping while a vendor's sell window is active.

- Add an option to disable rogue exile MTX effects for when they are spawned from a strongbox. I understand why they won't add an option for this in the whole game, but the strongbox lag issue really needs a fix.
"
tryhardgg wrote:
option to remove the UI on demand , so we can take screenshots and play on a clear screen if we want to do so .

Hmm. Yes. I would prefer, lets say 3 different UI. Full, mini & naked. Making it possible too se in the bottom and bottom corners. Also a little bit more zoome out, but not to much above the character, rather a combination of diablo and poe.

Also!
Ability too se behind walls or objects, making them transparent when they are blocking your sight.
I don't mean to sound cold, cruel or vicious, but I am, so that's the way it comes out...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info