Quality of Life (1.2.5+) - What would you change/fix?

Well, it's nice to see that GGG is going to improve our lives a little bit. What are your suggestions for QOL improvements?

My Definition of QOL = Changes that make a game easier to use such as interface changes or forum changes. This does not include changes to game mechanics.

I will try to keep a list of all suggestions in this post and will update as we go. This is not a thread about game mechanics so any suggestions pertaining to those will not be noted.

CHAT...
- omg it is horrible! an interface more along the lines of IRC would be soooo much nicer and much more intuitive
- when someone replies to a chat message have the reply show the name used in the original message NOT whatever their first (I think) character is. Currently, in many cases, we have to GUESS who is replying
- no more stale links if the item is still in our inventory
- ability to resize chat window (UI scaling)
- timestamp on chat messages (helpful if afk for a while)
- copy chat to clipboard option/hotkey
- remember the last used prefix... %, @, $, etc...
- allow prefixes to be used as the first charater in messages sent to specific people (i.e. @mycharname $5 -> does not work -> starts a new message in trade chat without sending the old one)

CONTROLS...
- allow us to TOGGLE attack in place on or off (ranged characters are at a disavantage due to the many desync issues - as it stands they must hold down the attack in place key to prevent many unexpected deaths)

DROPPED ITEMS...
- configurable filter (hotkeys to toggle white/blue/unique/currency on or off could work)
- change text colors (i.e. GREEN/RED for currency so that we don't miss anything when we are taking 2 minutes to clear a map)

ETERNAL LAB...
- show us how many portals are left and tell us which map they are pointing to in the list (so we don't have to fumble around entering and leaving different instances to find the right one)

FRIENDS...
- allow us to create friend groups

GUILD...
- stash fast clicking same as regular stash (ctrl-click to move, ctrl-alt-click to link)
- stash transaction log to prevent abuse
- show which league a character is logged into

ITEM INFO DISPLAY...
- include itemlevel in the stats
- enable the user to view which mods are attached to an item

MICROTRANSACTIONS...
- tabs re-orderable/sortable/oraganised
- "reclaim all" button (excluding skin xfers)

NOTICEBOARD...
- allow us to view the global noticeboard from our hideouts
- if there is a filter present I shouldn't have to modify it for it to be applied... the filter should be automatically applied when opening the tab after reentering a town
- ability to set the maximum # of players for a party (less players generally helps with desync issues)

PASSIVE TREE...
- show how selecting a node (before actually applying it) affects current stats in real time

OVERLAY/MINI MAP...
- show remaining monsters (so we don't have to do /remaining every time we want to check)
- show the group leader in a different color so we know who to follow (allow for designating a different leader than the party maker - if maker is mf we don't want to follow him so someone else has to be designated leader - moot if the next suggestion were to be implemented)
- each party member should be shown in a different color so that we can easily tell where each character is in the map (related to previous suggestion - when we look at the current party details each character is assigned a different color so we can relate that info to each character's x on the overlay/mini-map)
- improve the overlay map so it is easier to locate other party members which can be very difficult at times depending on the area background (i.e. jungle valley map)

STASH / LOCAL INVENTORY...
- sort items / stack currency
- search
- stack currency on short stacks when they are formed from shards (currently they create a new stack where the shards were)
- select multiple items (i.e. ctrl click drag rectangle or shift click)
- ctrl click to drop a local inventory item on the ground

TRADING...
- Make this easier please... suggestions...
+ a system that doesn't force us to quit our current activity - not good to be interupted during a master rotation for trading especially since this can take a while and you have to invite the trader to your group or leave your current group or add them as a friend (and remember to remove them after)

MISC...
- league filter remembered
- hideout hotkey (fast teleport)
- auto away from keyboard status after a certain amount of time (i.e. 10 minutes)
- online/offline notifications should not overlap stash (for people with many friends, etc... this can get very annoying)
- ability to select how many scraps/whetstones to apply to an item without having to apply them one at a time (similar to scrollbar used to divide stacks)
- option to disable other party members visual effects / mtx (or perhaps display them using lesser quality) (I have heard people boast about how many disconnects they have caused with other players in party because of their MTX effects)
- option to disable rogue exile mtx when spawned from a strongbox (should help with strongbox lag and decrease deaths due to lag)
- /a1n, /a2n, /a3n, /a1c, /a2c, /a3c, /a1m, /a2m, /a3m -> compliments /hideout
- option to open portals directly to our hideouts
- hideout difficulty automatically set to normal OR cruel OR merciless depending on last completed area (currently we have to enter a town or do math in order to tell what our resistances really are if we are no longer doing normal areas)
- hotkey to hide the UI (so we can take screenshots and play on a clear screen if we want to do so) (perhaps 3 different options on the hotkey toggle... full, mini, none)
- allow inventory sorting/equipping/weapon swapping while a vendor's sell window is active

QOL CHANGES IMPLEMENTED BY GGG (which were on this list)
- SHIFT (to apply multiple alts/chaos) should work for strongboxes too
- thousands delimiter in the XP bar

(updated up to and including eumnx's suggestions on page 5)
Last edited by greatwhitepine on Nov 20, 2014, 11:26:56 AM
Just from the top of my head...

Resizable chat window, or UI scaling in general.

Fix the way links work so we don't get stale links just by moving an item / moving to another area / adding stuff to inventory.

Auto inventory/stash sort.

Stash search.

ign: ecogen
Discussed this last night:

any pure EV or ES build will have this problem: the mandatory CoDt + End cry + Immortal call + incr. Duration. Getting 4 red sockets on our gear (I play ranger) is not even an option (unless by sacrifsing and entire gear slot for an armour based item) meaning this entire combo is not in our reach.
See a CI player waste an entire slot on armour just for red sockets? No. So no CoDt combo for him then.

Solution: White gems! just by having one of these gems being a white gem (CoDt prefered) would solve it all. We have white sockets, so why not white gems? And no, corrpting an item in the hope for 3 reds + 1 white sockets is not an option. Not a real one at least.
Last edited by Punica1980 on Sep 8, 2014, 6:00:00 AM
"
Punica1980 wrote:

any pure EV or ES build will have this problem: the mandatory CoDt + End cry + Immortal call + incr. Duration. Getting 4 red sockets on our gear (I play ranger) is not even an option (unless by sacrifsing and entire gear slot for an armour based item) meaning this entire combo is not in our reach.
See a CI player waste an entire slot on armour just for red sockets? No. So no CoDt combo for him then.

Solution: White gems! just by having one of these gems being a white gem (CoDt prefered) would solve it all. We have white sockets, so why not white gems? And no, corrpting an item in the hope for 3 reds + 1 white sockets is not an option. Not a real one at least.

I like it however this is purely game mechanics and not really quality of life.

Quality of life changes are those that make a game easier to use and usually involve changes to the interface and not the actual game mechanics. Sorry, I wasn't clear. :-)
Trade. All of it. :V
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
"
Punica1980 wrote:

I like it however this is purely game mechanics and not really quality of life.

Quality of life changes are those that make a game easier to use and usually involve changes to the interface and not the actual game mechanics. Sorry, I wasn't clear. :-)

Np. I just talked about this last night in my group, saw your post and abused the chance to post my idea. Honestly I knew this wasn't really QoL material but wanted my idea posted:)

Edit: I´ll post a new topic regarding my idea once I have a bit more time, work needs attention atm:)
Last edited by Punica1980 on Sep 8, 2014, 7:25:02 AM
league filter selection remembered
hideout hotkey
guild stash fastclicking
microtransactions tabs re-orderable/sortable/oraganised
microtransaction "reclaim all" button (excluding skin xfers)

ps trading sucks, also fix that
IGN - Xervitus
Configurable Noticeboard from hideout.

It's annoying now to use the Noticeboard because most of the time you are spending in your hideout, not in Merciless Sarn, so there isn't a central Noticeboard for end-game anymore.
"
Xervitus wrote:
guild stash fastclicking

I'm not in guild... what do you mean exactly?
"
"
Xervitus wrote:
guild stash fastclicking

I'm not in guild... what do you mean exactly?

The only way you can interact with items in the guild stash is click+drag. You can't ctrl+click them or link them directly from the guild stash, I'm guessing he pretty much wants the guild stash to have the same functions as regular stash/inventory.
ign: ecogen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info