Quality of Life (1.2.5+) - What would you change/fix?

For the love of evrything good in Wraeclast, can we please allow Arctic Armor to stay on when zoning. So annoying it is.
Love how this thread has gotten 0.0 attention.
IGN - Xervitus
Character screen

Offence|Defence|Misc|Charges|Description

Description would simple be a box to write anything in about your character

This could be toggled to be seeable by other players when they right click.
Last edited by Kavlor on Nov 21, 2014, 6:02:28 PM
When it comes to QoL, I can see plenty of fixes...

- Allow portals to take you back to your hideout instead of an act town. Granted, this might take a LITTLE extra coding... Specifically putting in a object to "catch" where portals go in your hideout so they don't clip other objects. But shouldn't be overly complicated.

- Allow a setting to "lock" the resolution of the game while windowed... Normally if you accidentally click-drag on the edge, it'll freeze the game for a few seconds... During which you can die. (Yes, I play windowed... Got used to it in D2)

- Put in a search dialog in the passive tree, much like the applet present in the website. Coupled with the "stats preview of change" option, would really help in planning out some builds without having to fire up a builder.

- Show minimum level requirement on unidentified blue/yellow items. (Seconding Perq's request) This would really help for those who are unfamiliar (even if it's just because it's an equipment type they've never cared as much about, such as STR+DEX, etc.) rapidly identify the tier of items. Some may argue that the affixes may change the level requirement... But then again, they can ALSO change the stat requirement that applies once ID'd, so why not?

- Possibly adjusting currency stack sizes for some often-burned-rather-than-traded currencies. (I'm looking at you, Fusings; 75 spaces' worth to just use Vorici's 6L?)

- Possibly doing mass-movement "in formation" to move items around in the stash. (e.g, if I have a block of 200 chaos orbs arranged 4x5, it'd be nice to not have to move each individually)

- More loot allocation options. A big problem in public maps I see is that the only two options are "short allocation" which means everyone's intently watching to make sure they don't miss their timed window should an exalt or map drops, or "permanent" where some players will ignore the level 66 maps or yellow rings that others would rather pick up, hence making no one gets what they want. Similarly, either one might allow a 6L to drop free-for-fall. A custom allocation rule set quickly with some check-boxes (perhaps grouping currencies, such as chaos and above, low-range, and those less than alts) would allow for a more flexible drop scheme that'd please more people.

- Tabbed chat. I'm far from the only one to say this... (And I think the OP mentions it?) but the chat system needs some major improvements to usability. Tabs for private conversations should pop-up, with perhaps the OPTION (to avoid clutter) to collapse it back into the global tab.

- Make it easier to check the iLvl of items, especially quest rewards and vendor. Perhaps having the sockets/dropped items show ("Z" by default) should ALSO show the iLvl as a pop-out figure, much like how holding 'alt' does when viewing items in player trade. Possibly may consider this important even for dropped loot, as it could still vary depending on whether it was dropped by a white, blue or yellow/orange.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
1) Flask pickup sound

2) Portals send a plain text warning message when they are about to expire

3)
"
ACGIFT wrote:
Put in a search dialog in the passive tree, much like the applet present in the website
4)
"
TRADING...Make this easier please...

5) Get rid of the male ghost that can spawn to taunt you on the way to Merveil; he is confusing to see when you are simultaneously hearing a female voice taunt

6) Kick players off after some reasonable period of time of inactivity, potentially coupled with...
"
draygourn wrote:
...auto AFK status if not moving for like 10 minutes
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Nov 22, 2014, 4:45:39 AM
Things I couldn't see in the that list:

- Areas created while solo do not use your default loot allocation, they always use short. This is a problem with people coming and going (eg with different characters) from say a guild party which always uses perm allocation and in which every memeber has perm allocation default, every now and then areas end up short allocation anyway.

- The forum search is absolutely horrible to the point of being completely useless - you're better off searching in google with "site:pathofexile.com" specified! Listing date of a displayed post or thread title is one improvement. Actually having multiple word search results contain the words searched for would be another.

- There is currently no UI indication of generosity-supported auras being on - if the skill is deselected from bar, there is nothing except trying to spot a specific aura circle on your feet, which is fine in hideout but basically impossible in the field with combat special effects and loot wall-of-texts.

- A better way to reach party members hideouts would be nice - right clicking a name from a list and looking down a menu for another item to click is an odd way of getting to an area when everything else to do with changing areas can be done through a visual interface.

Some comments on previous suggestions:

- Any improvement to the chat window would be good. But I think a major thing would be not losing half-typed chat messages when either turning to kill a wandering monster or checking something in stash (at least the part of the stash hidden behind chat).

- For the attack in place command, this could definitely do with a per skill toggle, especially since they screwed up mines so badly.

Some stuff I would very loudly like to second - this is stuff that was considered major QoL stuff we were waiting for in the early days of Open Beta:

- Weapon swapping at vendors!

- Item level display!

- Custom loot text colours!

- Passive tree search!

- Stash search!
- Minion sound effect volume slider.
- Quality items are highlighted in the stash.
- Spectres (and optinally zombies) persist through sessions.
- A spell sequence slot (or less preferably a gem) to get those auras (perhaps even curses) up easier, tag certain gems with it to reduce 'sploits, or something. It should only be a quality of life thing.
- Someone at GGG who is in charge of building the binaries used for public showcasing to insert packs of devourers into maps that the demonstrator (Chris Wilson) does not expect. Bonus points for live events.
Go create a patreon or something so we can support you financially for your sacrifice (since you might get laid off) of getting devourers removed or at least indicated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info