[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I've got a 105 point respec on a Templar that I was thinking of turing into a silly version of this just for fun.

But, question - as I don't really understand the game's mechanics. - Would the big elemental nodes be good to take, or really stupid? Elementalist, Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement, and increased elemental damage in general. Would those make reflect really dangerous, or not even really increase my damage much? Just curious.

Feel free to laugh: Just a quick skill deploy... most notably absent is evasion nodes, probably.

Last edited by butteryone on Dec 9, 2014, 3:18:42 PM
"
butteryone wrote:
I've got a 105 point respec on a Templar that I was thinking of turing into a silly version of this just for fun.

But, question - as I don't really understand the game's mechanics. - Would the big elemental nodes be good to take, or really stupid? Elementalist, Celestial Punishment and Celestial Judgement, and increased elemental damage in general. Would those make reflect really dangerous, or not even really increase my damage much? Just curious.

Feel free to laugh: Just a quick skill deploy... most notably absent is evasion nodes, probably.

almost all of your elemental dmg scales on physical, which means without any physical dmg there wont be any elemental dmg -> elemental dmg nodes are almost useless.

right now i dont see a way to even make this work, you'd need about 20-30 points to get a "decent" start. You'd be better off starting a new ranger.

Edit after checking the skilltree: You got no evasion at all, ondars will be useless. Your hp is quite low(even tho there are more lifenodes nearby), all in all its a rather poor choice and wont get close to the performance of the ranger tree start
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
Last edited by C4pture on Dec 9, 2014, 3:34:05 PM
What makes Tornado Shot and Puncture scale the best? Is it getting a 5-6L bow with 300pds and 8-9% crit, or do the gems levelling account for more of the overall damage (like spells)?

I'm currently levelling using this build and at level 63, my TS does 1,600dps and puncture 4,500dps (only HoA and Hatred so far since low level reduced mana gem, barely 24% crit) Both are very impressive for the level I'm at and I destroy packs and bosses with those stats (I've 1 shotted exiles with puncture). I'm just wondering if I should start saving up the 10-30ex I'll need for a 9%crit harbinger with 300pds, or if simply levelling gems up to level 18-20 will bring me to let's say 10k puncture 6-7k TS which should allow me to do level 70 maps comfortably.

For the record this is the bow I use. I'm poor and don't play much (and 99% self found). I used about 200jews but never got more than 4sockets so I gave up trying to 5l this bow (with my current wealth at least).
Spoiler
Okay, thank you! I figured it was a dumb idea. I have a 78 Shadow that I'm running this build with atm. It's pretty much identical to the Ranger build except instead of also taking heavy draw, I just don't since i get several phys. damage nodes just getting onto the build. I appreciate your time!

"
C4pture wrote:
"
butteryone wrote:

almost all of your elemental dmg scales on physical, which means without any physical dmg there wont be any elemental dmg -> elemental dmg nodes are almost useless.

right now i dont see a way to even make this work, you'd need about 20-30 points to get a "decent" start. You'd be better off starting a new ranger.

Edit after checking the skilltree: You got no evasion at all, ondars will be useless. Your hp is quite low(even tho there are more lifenodes nearby), all in all its a rather poor choice and wont get close to the performance of the ranger tree start
Last edited by butteryone on Dec 9, 2014, 3:41:16 PM
"
Namcap wrote:
What makes Tornado Shot and Puncture scale the best? Is it getting a 5-6L bow with 300pds and 8-9% crit, or do the gems levelling account for more of the overall damage (like spells)?

I'm currently levelling using this build and at level 63, my TS does 1,600dps and puncture 4,500dps (only HoA and Hatred so far since low level reduced mana gem, barely 24% crit) Both are very impressive for the level I'm at and I destroy packs and bosses with those stats (I've 1 shotted exiles with puncture). I'm just wondering if I should start saving up the 10-30ex I'll need for a 9%crit harbinger with 300pds, or if simply levelling gems up to level 18-20 will bring me to let's say 10k puncture 6-7k TS which should allow me to do level 70 maps comfortably.

For the record this is the bow I use. I'm poor and don't play much (and 99% self found). I used about 200jews but never got more than 4sockets so I gave up trying to 5l this bow (with my current wealth at least).
Spoiler

The bow is what makes this build so strong, level or TS is only about 20% dmg effectiveness(not sure right now and too lazy to check :P)

Spoiler
thats the bow im currently using on my ranger(mostly selffound.lv 84 only, lost interest in poe), should be enough for everything except for uber(already did atziri numerous times). Can'T check my dps because i corrupted some of my gear already(and bricked i, not playing standard anyway). I think i had about 13k-15k dps
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
Okay, after listening to your advice this is the best I can come up with for a 105 Templar Respec. Not really any point starting as a Templar other than I have one doing nothing and it might be hilarious watching a short pantless old man running around really fast shooting arrows. I will just gear him with my Shadow stuff, though I didn't check Int requirement yet. Might be close.

Build

Gear
Spoiler
Last edited by butteryone on Dec 9, 2014, 4:48:53 PM
"
thats the bow im currently using on my ranger(mostly selffound.lv 84 only, lost interest in poe), should be enough for everything except for uber(already did atziri numerous times). Can'T check my dps because i corrupted some of my gear already(and bricked i, not playing standard anyway). I think i had about 13k-15k dps

I had no problems with reflectet dmg till now. But i have not so big numbers. only 9 k Ts with my lionsglare.

What are you playing instead of poe?

Till now its the best game i ever played.

I have a verry similar bow like yours. Is this a better choise then the lions?

Thanks for the fast answers.
"

I had no problems with reflectet dmg till now. But i have not so big numbers. only 9 k Ts with my lionsglare.

What are you playing instead of poe?

Till now its the best game i ever played.

the main difference is the crit chance i guess, also had a 6 link with 20% ippd, 20%gmp and so on.

started playing quite a few different games(i usually get bored at about 1 and a half months in, never really "finished" playing a league. And i start too many new characters, 5-6 per league at least), still got LoL,DayZ,Elite,DAI or GW2 to play
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
"
butteryone wrote:

You can go shadow. Shadow has strong elemental start nodes. Pick up the weapon elemental damage nodes at the bottom right of the tree and otherwise stack projectile damage (which scales both phys/ele).

Also you likely will want to use a elemental bow for that (such as windripper or a good thicket bow)...

Finally you're likely better of not going to the templar tree at all. You really need the accuracy/dex/evasion to make it work

"

Yes. A good harbinger bow. Lionseye poses the danger of a reflect damage death and also has a pretty low crit rating. Your overall damage is still very good, but it's a bit spiky and risky.

Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Edit: Nevermind.
Last edited by Mistletoes on Dec 9, 2014, 6:06:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info