[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

@NeverSink

U gonna ditch this archer because of not being endgame viable in 2.4 ?

(poison doesnt work on 2/4 guardians, probably on Shaper also)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Light77788 wrote:
Is there any way to run Curse on hit + hatred + herald of ash + assassin mark?

It takes all my mana and I really would like to avoid casting assassin's mark.

I tried blasphemy but I still can't run 2 auras + assassin's mark

You pretty much have 2 options as a bow user. Herald of Ice with curse on hit/assassin mark BUT it kinda blows unless you have a good amount of crit like 35+.

How it works is you only proc HoIce if you shatter a target which comes from critting then they explode in an AoE(effected by increased AoE range) that procs Assassins mark. Once you have enough crit its pretty amazing since you pretty much getting free power charges.

2nd option is linking it to something like Split Arrow, Ice Shot, or another Lightning Arrow. This is probably less ideal but works great once you have chain. And you actually get the benefit of the curse besides just the stacks of power charges.
Which 8 ascendancy points should I choose for Drillneck(pierce) Tornado shot?
Chain and pierce at mutually exclusive, but I can't find anywhere that talks about this.
"
Spythe wrote:
"
Light77788 wrote:
Is there any way to run Curse on hit + hatred + herald of ash + assassin mark?

It takes all my mana and I really would like to avoid casting assassin's mark.

I tried blasphemy but I still can't run 2 auras + assassin's mark

You pretty much have 2 options as a bow user. Herald of Ice with curse on hit/assassin mark BUT it kinda blows unless you have a good amount of crit like 35+.

How it works is you only proc HoIce if you shatter a target which comes from critting then they explode in an AoE(effected by increased AoE range) that procs Assassins mark. Once you have enough crit its pretty amazing since you pretty much getting free power charges.

2nd option is linking it to something like Split Arrow, Ice Shot, or another Lightning Arrow. This is probably less ideal but works great once you have chain. And you actually get the benefit of the curse besides just the stacks of power charges.

Yeah I'm currently running HOI + Assassin's mark + curse on hit. I would have loved to add herald of ash to the mix, but hatred takes all the mana.

I have 40% crit. So far so good. I don't know in the future though. I'm only level 60
Hi, i play deadeye and i just finished uber lab and im wondering which ascend keystones take next...Powerful Precision looks interesting but i dont kind a understnad how much is this a dmg boost.
Endless Munitions ... well, that AOE part is worthless with TS but is that extra projectile that good? I honestly have no idea...
Rupture ... since my phys dmg is only 1/4 of my all dmg, that bleed wont be much of dps boost, but that extra crit ch and multi against bleeding enemies looks great. What do you think?

Ty!
Hi guys, i have a question about Puncture, what is currently the best support gems for puncture? and i mean not the trap version.

I'm a really fan of Puncture, but this gem becomes no more attention :(
"
blekotacz wrote:
Hi, i play deadeye and i just finished uber lab and im wondering which ascend keystones take next...Powerful Precision looks interesting but i dont kind a understnad how much is this a dmg boost.
Endless Munitions ... well, that AOE part is worthless with TS but is that extra projectile that good? I honestly have no idea...
Rupture ... since my phys dmg is only 1/4 of my all dmg, that bleed wont be much of dps boost, but that extra crit ch and multi against bleeding enemies looks great. What do you think?

Ty!

yeah. you hit on most of the points.

Endless munitions also gives 10% acc minor, and +200 accuracy.
The actual +1 proj for TS itself is fairly mediocre in reality. Due to the spread, it won't actually add another hit to your primary target, in most cases. so, its mostly just more aoe coverage.
All around strong, and a boost. but not build changing.

Rupture. 10% crit minor, and 25% chance to bleed on attack. (I think this is independent? 3-5 independent chances to bleed per shot. 58-76% chance to bleed per shot on a target taking 3-5 hits.
the bleed itself is terrible. Since, you say 1/4 of your damage, its actually worse then that. its 1/4 of one hit, of your damage. Your TS doing 20k hit x 3-5 hits? your doing 60-100k dps single target, but that bleed is only 1/4 of that 20k, because bleeds do not stack.
However, applying that bleed DOES give you a nice 40% crit mult, and 80% crit increase.
Aoe clearing this is fairly meaningless. stuff will either die to 1 shot, or only take 1-2 arrows, and thus have a low chance to get the bleed. A very nice single target damage buff though, assuming the target is not bleed immune, and I am correct on independent chances.

Powerful prec is a 10% crit minor, and a nice consistent pierce/crit. TS already has 100% pierce at start. And thus gets +100% crit chance on initial shot. This works very well with TS, due to the "shoot just past the target" targeting. +100% crit chance on initial piercing shot, and then 90-60% crit chance on aoe volleys. or, still 100% crit, if you have some pierce outside this node.
its thus basically a 2 point-110% crit node, for tornado shot.

They are all viable additions. I would probably go with endless munitions for the accuracy, and the bonus arrow on secondary actions. "frenzy/blink/etc"
Last edited by Casia on Sep 11, 2016, 9:24:27 AM
I switched to Champion this season after playing a Raider the last one. My dps might have taken a hit - maybe I even need 3 shots for trash instead of 1 - but the clear speed is still incredible. This build is far more robust at bosses and can kill them faster, since I can facetank most of them, so in the end I clear a whole map in the same time.

I still have to figure out some details, not really glad with the way I have set my gems up. For example, I have this one:
CWDT (level 3), Immortal Call, Enfeeble, Increased Duration

I am not sure if that's the best way to distribute my curse. I also think about a high level CWDT combined with IC and Molten Shell, for some even more tankiness and even damage. That would cost me 2 gems extra (1 for Molten Shell, 1 for Curse on hit), but maybe that's better. I just happen to have 2 free gem slots.

Also I couldn't make friends with BR and took Barrage instead. To make actually any use of it, I combined it with Life Gain on Hit support.

But since I facetank bosses anyways, I thought about using some weapon/shield-combo in the second slot. Though unless I take frenzy as single target attack, I have to use a 3L-attack. Any ideas for that? I thought about "Double Strike - Multi Strike Support - Melee Phys. Dam. Support" in a nice life on hit claw. Maybe CWDT/Molten Shell/IC in the shield then. Maybe that's a stupid idea.

My minions aren't fully up to their task, is it any helpful to link Morror Arrow, Blink Arrow and my golem together with a support? Which one?
I'm using TS and Drillneck and I'm following the Drillnech tree.
I've read that if arrows pierce, then they can't chain.
So ricochet can't be an option.
Can you guys suggest where to go next? I've finished cruel lab.
And one more thing.
I'm planning to use my Reach. Should I stick to TS or try Ice shot or Lightning arrow?
Any piece of advice appreciated.
I rolled pathfinder LA/BR ranger.
Anyone know what flasks I should use and with what mods?

I have the remove bleed and charges on crit from pathfinder.
Currently using 2 life pots, basalt, diamond and jade

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info