[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Alright hopefully ppl still look at this forum. Just hit lvl 66 and wondering which one is better. Im currently Tornado Shot, but really thinking of switching to LA not 100% sure atm.

It is an old thread but still useful.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1179823

I guess I could of just switched the weapons and looked at tooltip dps since my damage gems are in my chest. Thanks for the link was helpful.
Running into a brick wall using this build. Already level 77 but can't beat Daresso without dieing due to physical or elemental damage spikes. I used to get one shotted by Voll or any boss but spent the last several levels getting life nodes. But still cannot face the major bosses solo. My crits go off all the time so I think my damage is fine. I am using Blood rage to get charges and faster attack and more damage. It works everywhere in the game except at major bosses. The damage spikes are killer. Any tips are appreciated.

It was hard to change out gear and keep resists up, That's why I am still using a hat for lower levels. I cannot find one that keeps my resists up and switch this one out. Here is gear and tree:

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOGf4bASF2I_YmlTBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1uvXWhh4mKsZU1sjG1sb_J07XXLdf1293jreu97FH11fwJ_K4Rvhs6Hdo19jX6Nv5S4lQWVzJrxm42dqqCfpuCn1LVIu-O9Nr3mvqfBM8FJxKLI3MqpzZjN6tN-1CPUQtnG2sHdqOOf5wrndOjW6mLtP-2D73r5Y_zF_h3-uv7I?accountName=Dacar92&characterName=Dacarzon

Using self found except for the bow. That I bought for 4C I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
Last edited by Dacar92 on Apr 5, 2016, 7:32:58 PM
"
Dacar92 wrote:
Running into a brick wall using this build. Already level 77 but can't beat Daresso without dieing due to physical or elemental damage spikes. I used to get one shotted by Voll or any boss but spent the last several levels getting life nodes. But still cannot face the major bosses solo. My crits go off all the time so I think my damage is fine. I am using Blood rage to get charges and faster attack and more damage. It works everywhere in the game except at major bosses. The damage spikes are killer. Any tips are appreciated.

It was hard to change out gear and keep resists up, That's why I am still using a hat for lower levels. I cannot find one that keeps my resists up and switch this one out. Here is gear and tree:

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAABeBS0FtQYjCC4IiQqbDY0WvxmOGf4bASF2I_YmlTBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCPs9DMUd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1uvXWhh4mKsZU1sjG1sb_J07XXLdf1293jreu97FH11fwJ_K4Rvhs6Hdo19jX6Nv5S4lQWVzJrxm42dqqCfpuCn1LVIu-O9Nr3mvqfBM8FJxKLI3MqpzZjN6tN-1CPUQtnG2sHdqOOf5wrndOjW6mLtP-2D73r5Y_zF_h3-uv7I?accountName=Dacar92&characterName=Dacarzon

Using self found except for the bow. That I bought for 4C I appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

I just started playing this league, but maybe I could shed a little info about the gear. Your quiver is kinda meh imo, surely there are better ones on poe.trade that won't cost you to much. I literally just switched from frenzy to blast rain for single target with tornado shot as main. I suggest trying that, also in your TS you have life gain on hit, Would suggest Weapon elemental instead, and its a red gem so that's a plus :D. Lvl 77 with goldrim I feel your pain but replace that ASAP. You could also try getting tri/duo res boots + movespeed, tri/duo res on your Woe ring. Then perhaps you could replace that helm. I didn't look over your skill tree as I'm new and don't know much about nodes/clusters/etc. Hopefully This helped you out a bit. Getting a 5L chest would be good too though you said your dmg was fine. If you focusing on Neversink's tree I assume you have phase acro node and therefore should aim for some more evasion on gear that will also help with survival.

Here's my gear at the moment Not the best by any means, but ideally the stats you want on them as far as I can tell and what people have told me/what I have read.

Spoiler

P.S Gloves were a gift just trying them out I do have a tri res pair in my stash :D
"
Dacar92 wrote:
Running into a brick wall using this build. Already level 77 but can't beat Daresso without dieing due to physical or elemental damage spikes. I used to get one shotted by Voll or any boss but spent the last several levels getting life nodes. But still cannot face the major bosses solo.

This build can be a bit of a glass cannon build. You have evasion and dodge, but the real defense of the build is killing mobs from long range and having high mobility to avoid heavy hits (even better with Tornado Shot since you don't need to aim properly at all).

I know the danger of damage spikes - one hit from the Chateau boss or one unlucky explosion by the Springs boss can kill me (at 4.8k life), not to mention Vaal Oversoul or Dominus. But I have learned how to not get hit by those attacks with mobility and range, and can now kill Wasteland Voll easily without dying. Not sure if that helps.

Are you planning to stay self-found or just don't know how to get better items in trade?

Also some advice on the tree, you are fine with only 0.4% mana leech so you can get rid of the Essence Sap cluster and put those points into Vitality Void for life and mana leech. That allows you to get rid of the Life Gain on Hit gem and put in Physical Projectile Damage instead (or if you get a five-link which I heavily recommend use the setup with Physical to Lightning + Weapon Elemental Damage and get rid of Faster Attacks).
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
No, I know how to trade, lol. I just decided that besides the bow I wanted to go self found this league. I knew I wouldn't find a decent bow and without a good weapon it would stymie my progress. But that may be out the window now, unless I grind Dried Lakes and low level maps forever. Which I might do for a while. Then finish the game with groups.

Thanks for the tips on the tree. I am not carrying a mana flask so getting rid of the entire Essence sap cluster may be difficult. But I'll check it out.

Rose: You're an alien? You sound like you're from the North.
Doctor: LOTS of planets have a North!!!
Last edited by Dacar92 on Apr 6, 2016, 10:15:35 AM
I only have 0.4% mana leech from tree (level 92) and haven't ever felt the need for a mana flask. You only need to leech 70-80 mana a second with a five-link which requires you to deal 20k damage a second to sustain. Since that damage can be spread between all the targets you hit and you'll have either chain or pierce you will never run out of mana unless you shoot at empty air for a number of seconds.

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
What gems should I take, if I have 5 link Belly + Lionseye + Drillneck?
I made this TS crit to farm mid maps with MF gear, but I wasn't sure what tree to follow so I used the augmented scion tree and my dmg seems pretty low. Anyone know how to improve my pathing? I also posted my gear if you can give me some upgrade suggestions, I plan on a second ventors.
Gear
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAADuBS0IiQ-rFSAWvxmKIuIj0yP2JIsmlSoLKk0s6TB8MfoylDWSNj051D8nQzFH4krITP9Nkk4qUUdVS1WFVvpaGlpSW69daGHiYqxsjG1sbqpvJ3BSdO1293rve259dX8CfyuJ04w2jX2Nfo2_j2CVBZcGlyGaaprxm12dqqCfpDmly6bgqJq18rvjwzPDOsSiyqnNmNN-1CPYvdnG2sHdDepi7g7vevKX9qP-Cv66?accountName=domelious&characterName=RNGisLol
Love this build and guide. Thanks for everything!
"
domelious wrote:
I made this TS crit to farm mid maps with MF gear, but I wasn't sure what tree to follow so I used the augmented scion tree and my dmg seems pretty low. Anyone know how to improve my pathing?

Your tree is decent but you waste some points, I would not go up from Heart of Oak and connect to Shadow via the Acrobatics path instead, saving four or five points. You can take Heartseeker and Fangs of the Viper and the jewel socket in the Duelist/Scion area with it for some damage, or take some life nodes.

If your damage is low your bow is the very first thing to replace. For one Exalted you can easily get one with both higher base damage and higher crit chance (Harbingers are good for that). Rat's Nest for the helmet is very good. Rest of your gear is pretty decent.

Last edited by scrooge999 on Apr 6, 2016, 5:13:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info