[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
ViciousGhost wrote:
im playing your build now for 84 lvls and recently switched to a 5L voltaxic. since then my dmg is shit. can you help me somehow ? my items/gear etc is on my character tab: AliceTheChosen

im feeling pretty lost because i invested like all i had into the voltaxic and lost a huge amount of dps and money :/

Harsh criticism incoming. Hope you won't take it the wrong way. It is okay to do things wrong if you learn from your mistakes :)

First of all: There are so many things with your character that are either slightly wrong, flat out wrong or even counterproductive. Read a Voltaxic guide. Stick to it. Understand mechanics and then put your own twist on it. Gem setup, Gear setup and passive setup are all completely messed up.

Especially understand the difference between a physical scaling build that does elemental damage and an elemental build that scales of elemental damage. The difference is huge.

Gems:

Physical to lightning is only good for a physical bow build. You are an exclusive non-physical bow build. So that gem needs to be removed. Insert added lightning damage instead.

Do not use hatred. Hatred is also only for physical builds. Use Wrath.

Do not use herald of ice. You are converting lightning damage to chaos. Not all damage. You want to do almost exclusively lightning damage which is converted. Switch to herald of thunder.

Lightning arrow 5L (6L) = Lightning Arrow - GMP - Chain - Weapon Elemental Damage - Added Lightning (Void manipulation)

Blast rain setup: 5L (6L)
Blast Rain + Concentrated Effect + WED + Void Manipulation + added lightning damage + (faster attack) (This assumes you are using Snakebite gloves and not Maligaro. If you stick with Maligaro go with Poison instead of Faster Attack as your 5th link and put added lightning as your 6th link)

In general : Copy a complete gem setup from someone else.

Items:
This are the stats you and items you should look for:

Quiver = Get rid of drillneck. It pretty much gives you 0 dps. Look for a rare Spike-Point Quiver with HP, WED, crit chance and crit multiplier. Especially WED is important.
Bow = Voltaxic.
Head = Rat's Nest. Once you got enough currency buy one with a good enchant for either Lightning Arrow or Blast Rain.
Gloves = Maligaro's is okay. Snakebite is also very popular for the poison + hp. Choose one of those (With snakebite you only want 6 frenzy charges, so you drop the one near Ranger starting area).
Boots = Movement speed is the most important stat. After that it goes HP and elemental resistance.
Chest = Get a rare evasion chest with HP > Evasion > Resists OR get your hands on Lightning Coil. This armour makes you more tanky, however it makes gearing harder.
Amulet = HP + WED + crit + crit multiplier. If possible get some intelligence aswell.
Rings = Max out your resists and get HP + WED rolls aswell.
Belt = Go for Leather Belt with WED + HP + Resists.

Jewels = max out resists if needed. Look for lightning dmg, chaos dmg (area dmg only scales up blast rain - not lightning arrow even though LA has the AoE tag), attack speed, intelligence, maximum life.

Ascendancy: Deadeye = Endless munitions + Fast and Deadly.

Passive tree.

Either go for the offensive tree or the defensive tree.

Offensive (look at Mathils Voltaxic Guide on Ranger Forums - here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1550827)
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAICAU2SI_aNfe4O_rq74311WhrDM8M6fyvTbwUtdO0uU4bOIXbBM6fU4dv-yKGkMHxh4lVLJpVirJ2qbIxlTb02ykpvnow2vqdDMV3yidNwUioLKjhRR9N-GYr8xeZYieBJE5MfmmqPYG8nI9NLV_GzwOMPq9rBN9TtP4MJjX7qYre2dcsILnsUNj2ExZu1X7CNv-96Fr-v65uNGY7tgwBedwecpIcTBiN29znUoJ8x-m1sW6_Eokz__94k_edU1COjirVI45-Hdkp9DY0ki04qGbSXBtaKE9pxQ89eFUNl07EB

Defensive
Spoiler
http://www.poeplanner.com/AAAABAIBAU2SI_aNfQHcsNjuDiSd_rp9dWJaWhrDM03j_gr-j6ZXNZLYvX8r028FLXTteu8uU4bOIXbBMzB8YeJVSyaVDPKly2KsnapsjGVNR369Now2vqeE2UMxXfKJ03BSKgtqjPVvyBRRR9N-j2Aj0w-r2sE31O0_jX7qYre2dcsILjY9jb_verXyFr934xmO7YMAXgW1wux29znUoJ8x-m1stMVbr0z_eA3AGm87_94k_edU1CO1SKluMHFLeN2oTio6QqLZm4064fJFo4oNjfzFGo1bJn_7

I recommend you looking the offensive tree since it has a guide you can follow.

If I were you I would A) Read Mathil's Guide. B) Think about which Ascendancy you want to make use off and then C) properly start from lvl 1.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 7, 2016, 8:09:12 PM
Looked back a few pages and didnt see it brought up, but what are the thoughts of using the new Lightning Golem with this build?

I am new to PoE (started when the Perandus League came out), so I could be wrong, but AS and +Lightning Dmg sounds good for Tornado shot if you build it with the WED + PTL no? Or is there some kind of thing where you cant have more than 1 golem and Ice Golem (the little fuck) still outshines it with the Acc + Crit?

Edit: Just looked at Mr.Ice Golem and noticed the "only 1 golem at a time" thing, is that just for the Ice Golem himself or Golems in general?
Last edited by Thrall1321 on Apr 7, 2016, 11:10:17 PM
got this enchant on my glove's at first didn't know what it did then i noticed my weapond was fighting next to my golem n yes only 1 golem at a time can be out that's any golem
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Harsh criticism incoming. Hope you won't take it the wrong way. It is okay to do things wrong if you learn from your mistakes :)

honestly: this was what im expecting and ofc looking for. thank you very much for this honest criticism. I was thinking the last levels this build is simply not working how i want it, and since im not THAT into the poe world yet, i didnt know the reasons. Thanks man. I think i will really start over new.

When i follow mathils guide you linked, would you say i should stay with ranger or you think the shadow tree or scion tree would be good also for a beginner ? (mathil posted a tree for shadow, scion and duelist aswell thats why i ask).

best wishes and thanks so much !
Last edited by ViciousGhost on Apr 8, 2016, 4:51:14 AM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
got this enchant on my glove's at first didn't know what it did then i noticed my weapond was fighting next to my golem n yes only 1 golem at a time can be out that's any golem

War creates a copy of your weapon that shoots. It procc's on kill. It is safe vs. reflect (unlike Fury and Blades that can be quite dangerous - especially vs. Atziri). It is really the best enchant if reflect means something to you. If not go for Fury :)

"
ViciousGhost wrote:

When i follow mathils guide you linked, would you say i should stay with ranger or you think the shadow tree or scion tree would be good also for a beginner ? (mathil posted a tree for shadow, scion and duelist aswell thats why i ask).

Any class will work :) I would personally prefer Shadow or Ranger, so just stick with Deadeye. Then you do not have to level up again :)
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 8, 2016, 8:04:05 AM
"
Frankenberry wrote:
-polite snip-

many thanks for helping me understand how damage scaling/conversion works!

a few more questions :

1. is lightning arrow better than TS? for me atleast, LA clears packs faster than TS. TS's main advantage is its higher ST damage, so i usually dont even need to use blast rain.

2. what sort of bow to use at lvl 40-ish, if death's harp isnt available?
i have a few bows with ~60-170 damage, and lots of bi/tri - elemental damage. what sort of damage would scale the most? pdps or elemental damage?

3. what bow to use before i get my hands on a good harbinger bow?

4. is blood dance boots mandatory? or blood rage is enough for maintaining frenzy charges?

thanks in advance!
Last edited by kittenzmittenz on Apr 8, 2016, 8:27:36 AM
"
"
Frankenberry wrote:
-polite snip-

a few more questions :

1. is lightning arrow better than TS? for me atleast, LA clears packs faster than TS. TS's main advantage is its higher ST damage, so i usually dont even need to use blast rain.

i have a few bows with ~60-170 damage, and lots of bi/tri - elemental damage. what sort of damage would scale the most? pdps or elemental damage?

4. is blood dance boots mandatory? or blood rage is enough for maintaining frenzy charges?

thanks in advance!

1) Lightning Arrow is faster for AoE Clearing while TS as you put it has better single target damage. Also I find TS a bit more versatile and safer to use. For more information look at the guide. Neversink made a good explanation on each skill ^^ I myself use TS since it gives me the opportunity to drop single target skill and have an Ice Shot with Curse on Hit instead.

2) Any phys bow will do. 3 options - 1) buy Death's Harp, 2) search for a bow below a certain level on poe.trade and get the one with highest pdps or 3) craft one with granite flasks + Tora 79% + quality 20%.

3) Any bow with high pdps. You can get a decent one for less than 10C. Look in the range between 260-300 pdps. Also Chin - Sol builds are great as a cheap starter build with lots of damage for farming currency. Requires slight respeccing.

4) Use blood rage. Blood Rage gives you attack speed and leech. Blood Dance boots costs you attack speed and has 0 resists / hp which means you will have to make up for this loss in other item slots leading to an overall less efficient character. In short: Do not use blood dance boots on a physical bow character (even with legacy).
Last edited by Frankenberry on Apr 8, 2016, 11:48:42 AM
"
"
Frankenberry wrote:
-polite snip-

a few more questions :

"

LA is an amazing pack clearer, but poor single target. You need to use BR with that. TS has the benefit of being strong for both ST and AoE, as well as less aiming required, since the explosions do the bulk of your damage.

"

Death's Harp can be had cheap, and is incredibly powerful to level with.

"

Death's Harp stays strong for a long period of time. Once you start mapping, a decent Lioneye's Glare is also quite strong, and can fill in the gap between Harp and a good Harb.

"

thanks in advance!

No, you only need one source of Frenzy charge generation. Blood Dance, Blood Rage, Frenzy skill proper.
So, I've just come back to the game after a long absence, and decided to give this build a try as it looked like something I could play self-found that would still have decent power. I'm enjoying it quite a lot (and also enjoying no longer having latency issues), but I'm sure I'm doing a bunch of stuff wrong since it's been so long. I have run into a few specific questions, as well:

1. I've crafted what I think is an okay bow, and I'd like to put a second crafted mod on it (if this is a dumb idea, that's worth it to know as well). Unless I'm reading the XP chart wrong, I think the season will be over before I actually get Elreon to level 8. Is there another trick to leveling these guys, or do people just use others?

2. So far I haven't run into anything that's been too hard to kill, except Atziri. Reading the guide more carefully, the problem I had mainly seems to be using Tornado Shot in the split phase, which caused the mirror to annihilate me. I'm thinking of switch to Blast-Rain as soon as I can 5-link my bow, does this seem reasonable or will it hit the same type of issue with my Deadeye-Chain?

3. Is there any way to prefer enchants in the Labyrinth? It seems like it would take a large number of runs to get Tornado Shot as the skill in my helm, for example.

I'm really enjoying getting back into things, and if I'm horribly screwing up the build\gear I'd love to know that as well. Thanks for any help.
"
Banach wrote:
So, I've just come back to the game after a long absence, and decided to give this build a try as it looked like something I could play self-found that would still have decent power. I'm enjoying it quite a lot (and also enjoying no longer having latency issues), but I'm sure I'm doing a bunch of stuff wrong since it's been so long. I have run into a few specific questions, as well:

1. I've crafted what I think is an okay bow, and I'd like to put a second crafted mod on it (if this is a dumb idea, that's worth it to know as well). Unless I'm reading the XP chart wrong, I think the season will be over before I actually get Elreon to level 8. Is there another trick to leveling these guys, or do people just use others?

That's a very nice bow. If you have the currency you can Multimod it with level 8 Elreon, but you need to be aware that You've got 2 prefixes and 1 suffix already there. Multimod takes up one of the remaining suffix spots, so with multimod you can craft the flat physical, and either attack speed OR crit chance.

Generally you can find other players who are sharing master runs in /Global 820. Otherwise it's just doing dailies and hoping to see them while mapping.

"
2. So far I haven't run into anything that's been too hard to kill, except Atziri. Reading the guide more carefully, the problem I had mainly seems to be using Tornado Shot in the split phase, which caused the mirror to annihilate me. I'm thinking of switch to Blast-Rain as soon as I can 5-link my bow, does this seem reasonable or will it hit the same type of issue with my Deadeye-Chain?

BR would be fine during split phase, especially with Concentrated Effect as a link.

"
3. Is there any way to prefer enchants in the Labyrinth? It seems like it would take a large number of runs to get Tornado Shot as the skill in my helm, for example.

I'm really enjoying getting back into things, and if I'm horribly screwing up the build\gear I'd love to know that as well. Thanks for any help.

Sadly no, it's all random. Just gotta keep grinding it and hope for the best.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info