[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Ok so it seems like I'll go duelist. How much is 20% reduced damage taken from hits? And does that mean that I get reduced spell dmg taken too? So does it mean by all sources?

This is the tree I'm working with

http://exiletools.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwQBuR0V7IrwxIKwq76nZU29NnXL6mK3to1-QzHDM1oav9VTu9rBLlPTb3TtBS1670z_1liPYE4qW68hdobODY2HduOfSn38xe4OVvp_K9aKOdR29zH6oJ8wfI19I_ZNklFHlQXZxjKUfwKm4AiJmvFdaMqpPs-95jfU7T-VzOdUJP3_3o2_-uuS815F1CMwcd2oS3g6Qu96034AXhmO7YMILpuNfXX-urvjxKKXBhmKwzqbtYTFJIsPqxa_JpVh4lVLjDaJ03BSbWy1SDY9VYWly52qbIxirKfU_shhmGIXLJTsXISUiXF71A==
IGN: Lnvoker
"
Frankenberry wrote:
"
Ghorghorexp wrote:
Hello guyz,

First of all a big thanks for this wonderful build, didn't think so at first, but it's really a great one.

Now I see that a lot of people discuss here about making it better, and I've tried to ameliorate my stuff alone, but I still can't make it by myself I'm afraid. And now I am starting to have difficulties in some maps or against some boss.
So here it is, I'm lvl 78 in Hardcore, but my tooltip dps for TS is only 4000 (5600 with hatred, without the frenzy), and Blast Rain is 4100 dps (5100 with hatred, without the frenzy).

Here is my stuff (trying to 5L my bow and my chest, but it's taking time ... and currency, and was pretty unlucky until now), the tree is mostly the one in the original post specially made for HC (defensive skilltree).

Its hard to change the boots since they are the one that give me frenzy charges. And I must say again that I play in HC, so survivability is the most important.

By the way, I saw that OP said that we can link Ice Golem + Culling strike + Item rarity. Is it really useful ?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english :)

This is my preferred hardcore passive setup for lvl 85:
(Bandits = HP, passive, passive - passives are really worth it since you will need those extra hp nodes).
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwIAm40ILu2DGY4AXtN-73p9de4O_rqjirvjI_bEok2SjX2n1DB8_sh_K1FHGwE51DfUjb-VBedUGf529-0_BbXUIwiJJP0GIzH66NYwcZrx_957FKCfmybndN2oXWgyAW1sS3jKqbIZOkLPemHrelM2PZ2qbIxirLVI1EKEb3X9Fr8mlWHiVUuMNonTcFL8xQ2Nh3bjn0p9W68hdobOwTOQCk4qI9OPYEz_QzGNfre2dcvqYtrBdO0FLXrvLlPTb76nZU29Nkd-hNmwq8SCivDpRmegbyeaag==

Your gear:

Boots = The Blood Dance suck big time and should be the first thing you should replace. Instantly. Use Blood Rage and get 3,6% life regen from passives instead. Much better. Get a Rare or Atziri Boots instead.
Helmet = Starkonja's Head is a really good hardcore alternative :) Gives you offensive stats and high hp. Just one with 95+HP
Flasks = Your current setup is fine for now.
Chest = Your best item, keep it. 5L it :)
Bow = Should be easy to replace to be honest.
Rings and Amulet = Do not go overboard on hp on these items even though you play hardcore. Amulet = DPS and attributes > HP (get either room for Elreon HP enchant or 40 HP on amulet). Rings = cap off resists + HP. This should be your main priority.
Gloves: 6% attack speed is not good. Replace them with anything with decent rolls of any kind (resistance, hit points, flat phys, room for attack speed enchant, whatever)

Didn't have the time to play much until today, but I wanted to thank you for your (very) precious advices. I made the changes, and I gained indeed in almost everywhere (hp, dps, etc....). I am still far away from the highest dps I have seen in this forum, but it's just a question of time ... and currencies :)

Really thank you for having taken the time to give such a detailed answer, I saw that you and some others spend a lot of time explaining to people to make this build better, and I really wanted to thank you all for that :)

Hey guys. Basta1982 mentioned raider being a solid option for scion couple pages back. Would this also be true for a windripper build that is based more on magic find. No maligaro's; twin gold rings and pretty much capped crit using assassin scion. I'm focused on clearing maps as fast as possible as an mf'er. What do you guys think: tossup between raider and deadeye?
Last edited by illmtk on Feb 29, 2016, 4:13:42 PM
If you're crit cap you'll get enough damage anyway (I think so at least), so focus on a spec that gives you extra movement abilities / speed.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
illmtk wrote:
Hey guys. Basta1982 mentioned raider being a solid option for scion couple pages back. Would this also be true for a windripper build that is based more on magic find. No maligaro's; twin gold rings and pretty much capped crit using assassin scion. I'm focused on clearing maps as fast as possible as an mf'er. What do you guys think: tossup between raider and deadeye?

Scion is the jack of all trades. There is always something nice for any build with a scion. Is it viable? yes.

However Scion Assasin seems like a bad choice for windripper. You gain a bad way to produce power charges that does not work on bosses and 1% base crit chance (raising you base crit from 9% to 10%). This only makes your increased critical chance items / gems / passives 11% more efficient which is not optimal. The 40% to crit multiplier vs. enemies on full life does not really matter. You will more or less 1 shot trash mobs anyways and vs. bosses it gives you 0 dps.

Deadeye also seems bad (unless you go for Tornado Shot in which base it is decent). Scion-Deadeyes main strengths are the +1 additional projectile and the 50% pierce chance. The Far Shot bonus is only an increased dmg multiplier and not a more damage multiplier (if you are uncertain on what this means look it up).

If I was going for a MF Scion Windripper build I would go for A) Raider for the increased clear speed throught onslaught which is awesome and B) Berserker for the 10% more dmg multiplier and the leech (which frees up passives leech passives) OR Pathfinder which has overall fantastic stats.

Also - Is Scion overall better or just as good as a Shadow / Ranger / Duelist with a Windripper? Well that all depends on the upcoming changes for the passive tree (https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.4 You can download it here but more changes might come). For instance forces of nature now penetrates elemental resistance :)

Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 29, 2016, 5:10:58 PM
"
Frankenberry wrote:

However Scion Assasin seems like a bad choice for windripper. You gain a bad way to produce power charges that does not work on bosses and 1% base crit chance (raising you base crit from 9% to 10%). This only makes your increased critical chance items / gems / passives 11% more efficient which is not optimal. The 40% to crit multiplier vs. enemies on full life does not really matter. You will more or less 1 shot trash mobs anyways and vs. bosses it gives you 0 dps.

Honestly, I only picked it because I figured it would fill the crit chance hole as I'm using two gold rings and switching between sadima's for lower maps and facebreakers for higher maps. Just curious what do you think about herald of ice + CoH + AssMark setup? Obviously it gives alot more utility than scion assassin, but the mechanics are the same when generating PCoC which is also useless vs bosses without adds.
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Deadeye also seems bad (unless you go for Tornado Shot in which base it is decent). Scion-Deadeyes main strengths are the +1 additional projectile and the 50% pierce chance. The Far Shot bonus is only an increased dmg multiplier and not a more damage multiplier (if you are uncertain on what this means look it up).

I am going Tornado Shot, but it is a shame that it is increased and not more as a scion deadeye and why I was hesitating picking this over raider
"
Frankenberry wrote:

Also - Is Scion overall better or just as good as a Shadow / Ranger / Duelist with a Windripper? Well that all depends on the upcoming changes for the passive tree (https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.4 You can download it here but more changes might come). For instance forces of nature now penetrates elemental resistance :)

Scion is probably sub optimal compared to ranger and shadow if using Neversink's or other cookie cutter windripper trees. My tree utilizes Lioneye's Fall gem so I can spec into the Disemboweling crit nodes neighboring Resolute Technique and the crit staff nodes right above Resolute Technique. This helps me with crit while wearing magic find gear and also getting enough strength nodes to equip a Kaom's chest and why I'm using TS. Raider and Beserker seem like the likely choice then. Spec out of the vitality void and into True Strike to help out with crit.
Last edited by illmtk on Feb 29, 2016, 6:10:29 PM
@ilmmtk
Oh btw. Remember you can only grab one Ascendancy Ranger Class. So for instance you cannot go both Ascendant Deadeye + Raider :( You have to mix it up with other classes.
"
Frankenberry wrote:
@ilmmtk
Oh btw. Remember you can only grab one Ascendancy Ranger Class. So for instance you cannot go both Ascendant Deadeye + Raider :( You have to mix it up with other classes.

Yea before it was a tossup between deadeye and raider with assassin. If you believe assassin is not worth it as windripper, I'm going beserker + raider. Thanks for advice(s).
Still cant decide what class I want to pick. Can someone explain me the way Fortify works?
IGN: Lnvoker
"
Invoker33 wrote:
Still cant decide what class I want to pick. Can someone explain me the way Fortify works?

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Fortify

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info