[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi, I would like to know if lightning arrow or TS are getting any kind of nerfs in the incoming ascendency patch lol. if i build everything and everything got nerfed its just sad... worth buying windripper over my bow i have for LA?

I find I am dying a lot, like I mean very often. I have most resists at 75% but that doesn't seem to make a difference, as well as TS is less than 1k dps on tool bar and often takes 2-3 times to kill mobs. Level 41 now and Dominus? boss killed me like 8 times alone. I don't want to die this much in next act but probably won't have this character in new league so any advice would be helpful. I have been playing almost 3 weeks.

P.S. I do not know how to link equipment yet or I would show you. I have a rare bow and a helmet that dropped.
Last edited by davidcjr1 on Feb 29, 2016, 6:07:45 AM
"
NeverSink wrote:
Expect a massive rework and update of the guide until wed. (Also a new Null's guide + filter update)

I'm busy doing the whole picture work and writing up new texts, but at least I seem to be done with the actual content/math.

The update will likely include a few videos for the guide (something I wanted for a long time)

Updating the guide is very complicated now though, I'M hitting the character limit in the first 2 posts and all the ascendancy classes need spaces. More pictures it is.

Danke to :-)
Hi! I'm having so much fun with this build! First of all, I would like to thank you!

Now, I would like to share a modification I did about the drillneck optimization in the skill tree. Since in talisman league they included the Horned Talisman (wich grants up to 35% chance of projectiles piercing), I was able to save that four nodes on the skill tree. I guess you could try something like that (if u didn't try it already, of course) :)

Well, thanks again, and sorry about the english. keep up with the good work!
"
davidcjr1 wrote:
I find I am dying a lot, like I mean very often. I have most resists at 75% but that doesn't seem to make a difference, as well as TS is less than 1k dps on tool bar and often takes 2-3 times to kill mobs. Level 41 now and Dominus? boss killed me like 8 times alone. I don't want to die this much in next act but probably won't have this character in new league so any advice would be helpful. I have been playing almost 3 weeks.

P.S. I do not know how to link equipment yet or I would show you. I have a rare bow and a helmet that dropped.

It is purely a matter of dodging damage manually. This is not a tanky setup. If Uber Atziri or Core Malachai hits me I am dead. If I get hit by a Residence Dominus with hard modifiers I am dead. So do not get hit :) Simple as that.

You will never be able to consistently take a lot of hits in succession

Edit: When I say purely I refer to this "glass-canon" setup. There are viable defensive phys bow setups.
Last edited by Frankenberry on Feb 29, 2016, 9:25:37 AM
It was when 2-3 of those red orbs started circling me my health drained faster than I could hit health flasks but that has been the only real time I died and was careful. I have been having great fun playing till about level 30 then switched bows at 32 then damage kind of went down after getting tornado shot then it started getting harder and harder and I have not beaten the game once yet. I am about 12 levels over the maps but still struggle. I look forward to the new guide and still refer here as I am sure my gear is sub-par and I really have no clue what I am doing.
"
davidcjr1 wrote:
It was when 2-3 of those red orbs started circling me my health drained faster than I could hit health flasks but that has been the only real time I died and was careful. I have been having great fun playing till about level 30 then switched bows at 32 then damage kind of went down after getting tornado shot then it started getting harder and harder and I have not beaten the game once yet. I am about 12 levels over the maps but still struggle. I look forward to the new guide and still refer here as I am sure my gear is sub-par and I really have no clue what I am doing.
Bleed flask is what makes that go away. As for the survivability otherwise, try some other skill gems instead of TS and see if that fits your playstyle better.
Decoy totem is your friend. It is a life saver in many situations.
As for anti-bleed flask, it's more precisely flask of staunching:
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Nope, echo repeats skill. +1 chain is just like the support gem, except it's +1 instead of +2.
Personally, I don't like much any of them. With +1 arrow, aiming with a single target skill can be sketchy, and with +1 chain, you also lose some control on your single target, for example it could chain on a ripy reflect monster nearby (like atziri clone :s). Blast Rain solves both of these issues though.
If I went with Deadeye, I guess I'd chose Endless Munitions however, because this node has more utility (the added accuracy must not be underestimated). The last two points would be for Sharp and Venomous, to help on long fights, but powerful precision match well too, especially if the pierce gem is buffed (I've heard so).

edit: on paper, +1 chain provides more hits:
LA/GMP/Chain setup with +1 proj: 6*2*3 = 36 hits at most
LA/GMP/Chain setup with +1 chain: 5*3*3 = 45 hits at most
Split chain with +1 proj: 7*2 = 14 hits
Split chain with +1 chain: 6*3 = 18 hits

What do you think about LMP and Endless munitions. It would get the extra projectile more damage. Im guessing GMP might still be better though if you have strong gear just to maximize AOE.
Last edited by 2337Rasmus on Feb 29, 2016, 1:57:33 PM
I don't know really.
Many players use lmp with quivers corrupted with +1 arrow, especially with TS as it leads to more concentrated shots. But we don't have such comparison yet for chain. Anyway it will be easy to test both supports when ascendancy is live.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info