[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Thanks for a great build and an even better explanation. I'm enjoying this one more than pretty much any other character I've played.

I'm currently lvl 84 in Beyond and going well. I have started feeling a little squishy to some beyond packs, the big sword wielding dudes who teleport on you and have a degen aura especially.

My current stats are (roughly as in work) - 4.1k life, 40% evasion, capped resists, 84% chance to hit, 8k ish tornado shot damage and 80ish free mana

I current gear is

Spoiler

I've tried an alpha's but it costs me a fair chunk of DPS so not using

I've tried a drillneck but it doesnt add much dps and costs me resists and life

I have just found a Lightning Coil which I'd like to use but looks like it would cost me a lot of evasion. Has anyone used a Lightning Coil with this build with any success?

If anyone can see any glaringly bad bits of gear any adivce appreciated

I can add attack speed or crit chance/multi to the bow but am not sure which would be best.

Tree is Passive tree
IGN - LeNavetBete
you are not gonna get any benefit from drillneck unless you link pierce to your shots. not sure why you have WED linked to your TS it doesnt bring any dps as we deal phys damage. true that we have hatred+heralds but its negligable next to the phys dmg so swap that. puncture shoud have increased crit linked to it for sure.

as for drillneck again probably not a good choice until you get 6l chest and 5l on your harbinger to link pierce to it. after that its pretty insane though personally I get about 20% dps from drillneck.
//edit, nvm.

great build!
Last edited by Lilith06 on Oct 13, 2014, 4:08:58 PM
@Yours

edited: nvm.
Last edited by Masterik on Oct 13, 2014, 1:54:41 PM
"
Ael00 wrote:
you are not gonna get any benefit from drillneck unless you link pierce to your shots. not sure why you have WED linked to your TS it doesnt bring any dps as we deal phys damage. true that we have hatred+heralds but its negligable next to the phys dmg so swap that. puncture shoud have increased crit linked to it for sure.

as for drillneck again probably not a good choice until you get 6l chest and 5l on your harbinger to link pierce to it. after that its pretty insane though personally I get about 20% dps from drillneck.

I had a pierce equipped when i used drillneck ofc instead of WED and it made about 5% increase to DPS

WED makes a massive difference. DPS goes from just over 6k to nearly 8.5k with it. Gives me more than added fire and physical projectile damage
IGN - LeNavetBete
No idea how the mechanics work in this game, but if I decide to use a Infractem unique bow which has the "Arrows Always Pierce" effect, do I still need to link a pierce into the bow?
"
I had a pierce equipped when i used drillneck ofc instead of WED and it made about 5% increase to DPS

WED makes a massive difference. DPS goes from just over 6k to nearly 8.5k with it. Gives me more than added fire and physical projectile damage

You got the massive spike in damage because your other gear adds quite a bit of elemental damage. That gets amped by the Gem, and a couple other pieces of gear, which means it fits in well with what you currently have. Pierce would make more of a difference with different source focus... which you haven't done here.... which is ok... just different.
Damn just did my first try on atziri and failed at the clone stage, guess I need some more practice with using flasks properly and the patterns they use. Think I also need to be more patient. Almost killed her though.

Love the build however. Still went well for my first atziri ever imo.
"
KingDeeCee wrote:
No idea how the mechanics work in this game, but if I decide to use a Infractem unique bow which has the "Arrows Always Pierce" effect, do I still need to link a pierce into the bow?

no

"

Damn just did my first try on atziri and failed at the clone stage, guess I need some more practice with using flasks properly and the patterns they use. Think I also need to be more patient. Almost killed her though.

Love the build however. Still went well for my first atziri ever imo.

It usually takes a few tries to get used to the dodging pattern.

Something that might be a useful hint: Each statue casts spells after a set interval. It's like music. Get into the rhythm and you'll have a very easy time taking her down. Don't attempt to attack, when you know she's going to cast flameblasts or stormcalls soon.

"

WED is really strong. Around 40% of our DPS is elemental. However, even if pierce would have less DPS than WED, pierce is still better. Simply because it doesn't only increase your DPS through drillneck. There is also a HUGE clearspeed boost due to the actual pierce mechanic.

So why are we not using pierce? Simply because it's not as awesome as the other options. You can use it as a 6th link, if you're not using pierce.

"
I have just found a Lightning Coil which I'd like to use but looks like it would cost me a lot of evasion. Has anyone used a Lightning Coil with this build with any success?

If anyone can see any glaringly bad bits of gear any adivce appreciated

I can add attack speed or crit chance/multi to the bow but am not sure which would be best.

I'm no fan of lightning coil, but if you run purity it can help.
Use the calculator to figure out what is better, but i'd say crit chance is likely much better.

Also you should aim to replace goldwyrm with atziri's step. It's a massive survivability boost, if you can cap your resists (16% spell dodge)

-------------

WINDRIPPER:

I did some tests and calculations. Check out the calculator (you'll find it in the guide). There is an additional page for windripper tornado shot calculations. It uses a slightly different build (no Deadly/Heavy draw, elemental damage in the shadow area instead) and i'm still not 100% sure how to keep the mana up, but the damage output is actually on par and partially higher than with top harbinger bows + it applies shock stacks and MF's like crazy.

I wouldn't use it for atziri, but for MFing with double divination distilate to fix any mana troubles, it's awesome. Might add a guide section later too.

Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Oct 14, 2014, 4:28:20 AM
"
WINDRIPPER:

I did some tests and calculations. Check out the calculator (you'll find it in the guide). There is an additional page for windripper tornado shot calculations. It uses a slightly different build (no Deadly/Heavy draw, elemental damage in the shadow area instead) and i'm still not 100% sure how to keep the mana up, but the damage output is actually on par and partially higher than with top harbinger bows + it applies shock stacks and MF's like crazy.

I wouldn't use it for atziri, but for MFing with double divination distilate to fix any mana troubles, it's awesome. Might add a guide section later too.

Really excited about this. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info