[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Would you say 5% life leech and 1% mana leech is viable ? Its the same numbers OP is running but Im having doubts about dropping my 2% ll ring (would become 5 from 7%). I really need the slot though to cap fire res for atziri and I cant find any viable rings that fit me and I cant possibly keep running atziri without capped fire res.

drillneck + doryanis + rats doesnt leave many options.
Last edited by Ael00 on Oct 9, 2014, 2:29:49 PM
I'm going to be mirroring a diamond ring for both this build and other possible crit builds in the future (I might try out dagger reave for example). I'm debating two different rings. The only real difference is one has WED and one has mana leech.

Morbid Knuckle
9-14 Physical
36 WED
74 Life
44/45/45 Resists

Behemoth Coil
9-15 Physical
2% Mana Leech
79 Life
45/45/45 Resists

With Morbid Knuckle I'm left getting Mana Leech from either the tree or a rare quiver. With Behemoth Coil I can use drillneck. Which route is likely to be more efficient?

(I have Acuity so 2% should be enough.)
Last edited by pokerfink on Oct 9, 2014, 5:47:52 PM
Response to my post above ^

I played around with the calculator some. Getting mana leech on gear (and saving 3 points) is far superior than getting it on the tree, which we already knew. Drilneck also seems superior offensively to pretty much any rare quiver, certainly any quiver in the same price range.

I think getting a mana leech rare quiver with some resists is viable if you need the resists, but it looks like Drillneck is the way to go for endgame gearing. Planning on mirroring the mana leech ring and getting drillneck.

I was also surprised how little damage WED adds. Would have thought it would be better with hatred and both heralds.
Last edited by pokerfink on Oct 9, 2014, 9:13:16 PM
I'm running 2% ML with a 20reduced mana, and 50 mana on a ring. You shouldn't need more than this if you are running pcoc instead of FA. I have a 1.35aps bow (
) testing between the both, probably be selling the 6link as the FA isn't helping in there really. And after selling I could grab acuities
"
pokerfink wrote:

I was also surprised how little damage WED adds. Would have thought it would be better with hatred and both heralds.

WED is additive to all "increased damage" from nodes and drillneck. And elemental damage is still subject to resists. So, yes, mana/life leech is better on ring.
I may also debate about 45 resist being superior to 400 accuracy. In my opinion, accuracy is better for crit build.

If you have a choice, BTW, try mirroring amulet first. It can have more valuable stuff on it - huge life leech (6%), critical multiplier, critical chance, etc. And rings are better used for resists, and Diamond Ring base isnt superior to others, any base with resist works well.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 10, 2014, 12:50:19 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I may also debate about 45 resist being superior to 400 accuracy. In my opinion, accuracy is better for crit build....and Diamond Ring base isnt superior to others, any base with resist works well.

Accuracy on amulet and one ring is enough. And I would totally consider mirroring a prismatic or two stone ring with life and mana leech, but it doesn't seem to exist.

"
If you have a choice, BTW, try mirroring amulet first. It can have more valuable stuff on it - huge life leech (6%), critical multiplier, critical chance, etc. And rings are better used for resists,

In general I would agree and I think this is good advice for most people, but with the gear I currently have it makes more sense for me to do the ring first. Plus I need the ring for my other toon as well.
"
pokerfink wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
I may also debate about 45 resist being superior to 400 accuracy. In my opinion, accuracy is better for crit build....and Diamond Ring base isnt superior to others, any base with resist works well.

Accuracy on amulet and one ring is enough. And I would totally consider mirroring a prismatic or two stone ring with life and mana leech, but it doesn't seem to exist.

"
If you have a choice, BTW, try mirroring amulet first. It can have more valuable stuff on it - huge life leech (6%), critical multiplier, critical chance, etc. And rings are better used for resists,

In general I would agree and I think this is good advice for most people, but with the gear I currently have it makes more sense for me to do the ring first. Plus I need the ring for my other toon as well.

Sure, you dont need excess accuracy. Just some for a decent hit chance. Same to resists (overcapping isnt worth much), mana leech (values above 2% are worth nothing for lots of attack builds) and life leech (if you dont leech it instant, you dont need high values - though it depends on your damage per hit, attack speed, life, etc).
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 10, 2014, 5:12:49 AM
Thanks for the guide. Loving the build so far. Just made my ranger a few days ago.

I have a long way to go with items, sockets, gems, coloring etc. I scabbed this together with mostly things in my stash. But at lvl 71 I am tearing through high level maps. Kudos!

Any input on items appreciated.

Hey, thanks for the excellent build-guide.
One question, why is it that having a Lioneye's wouldnt protect me against reflect dmg and having a harbinger bow would?
Last edited by Ishamz on Oct 11, 2014, 8:21:14 PM
because on reflect maps or packs you can evade your own attacks. since lioneye's attacks cannot beevaded you would be constantly one shotting yourself. Well with decent dps anyways.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info