[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Finally killed uber! Died once to double vaal, and twice to atziri. so happy! lol XD oh yeah, axe dropped

http://imgur.com/cZBzbcQ
I'm running a variation on this where i use Romira's Banquet and Additional Accuracy for 5th Puncture link. Currently 19.2k Tornado shot and 33.2k Puncture with level 18/19 gems at level 86. Works great!
"
xythian wrote:
"
banes312 wrote:
Been playing around with

Tornado shot > Curse on hit > High Q Assassins mark> Faster attack > Crit dmg > GMP

I think this is actually better than phys proj and pierce. The crits are always there and you can get max charges easily.

We've been discussing this on and off for a couple of pages and it's a very solid 6L for anyone who doesn't have a Drillneck. Also, you might consider trying PPAD in the place of Faster Attacks. ~.2 APS isn't massive and you already save time not having to curse, but PPAD is the single biggest damage boost to ranged attacks and your overall clear speed might increase with it.

Sounds good bro, will give it a try
"

Lightning coil helps, but I don't think it helps too much. I've updated the guide with some advice with how to deal with reflect, maybe those pointers might help.
"
And using assasin's mark instead of power charge on critical on tornado shot, I was thinking the cast time to be too much of a hassle to keep up with every pack of trash mobs.

A few more levels and I'll try normal Atziri for the first time ever.

That a solid option too, but I don't usually bother with cursing normal trash anyway (depends on the mood, yes not a very solid answer, I know), against bosses the more-damage multiplier is very welcome though,

Good luck with Atziri, I believe in you :P

Died a bunch of times but I did it :).

succeeded on 4 of my 5 sets, failed my second set because of lag.

I've been thinking a lot about LC vs a rare evasion chest or another unique.
You want LC to diminish the occasional heavy physical damage you do take through your evasion and dodge.
This is either reflect or mobs. (Darned Evangelists :P) So far I haven't found anything that one-shotted me while playing, also a jade flask of reflexes helps a lot (5,5k evasion shoots up to 17.3k).
So while lightning coil is really good, and rare armour+eva boots can easily have 4R for CwdT. It seems more profitable to go another chestpiece in the long run on a NON-HARDCORE leagues. The rare spike in physical damage taken just something you'd have to deal with.

But reflect, reflect is not fun. Atziri's steps don't really help against it either. That's when I thought of
I'm going to save up to 6L it and see if that helps against reflect as good as I think it does.
It doesn't have 2000+ evasion or 120%+ total res but I'm hoping the 100 life on kill helps dampen the blow on the occasional reflect pack. Being able to wear atziri's steps also helps overall mapping since magic damage is not uncommon.

Uber atziri is a whole different matter though, I don't have any thought on that yet but most likely I'd just have to avoid everything. I doubt I'd try her this league.
"
Died a bunch of times but I did it :).

Verified

Verified

Verified

Verified

Verified

succeeded on 4 of my 5 sets, failed my second set because of lag.

I've been thinking a lot about LC vs a rare evasion chest or another unique.
You want LC to diminish the occasional heavy physical damage you do take through your evasion and dodge.
This is either reflect or mobs. (Darned Evangelists :P) So far I haven't found anything that one-shotted me while playing, also a jade flask of reflexes helps a lot (5,5k evasion shoots up to 17.3k).
So while lightning coil is really good, and rare armour+eva boots can easily have 4R for CwdT. It seems more profitable to go another chestpiece in the long run on a NON-HARDCORE leagues. The rare spike in physical damage taken just something you'd have to deal with.

But reflect, reflect is not fun. Atziri's steps don't really help against it either. That's when I thought of

Verified

I'm going to save up to 6L it and see if that helps against reflect as good as I think it does.
It doesn't have 2000+ evasion or 120%+ total res but I'm hoping the 100 life on kill helps dampen the blow on the occasional reflect pack. Being able to wear atziri's steps also helps overall mapping since magic damage is not uncommon.

Uber atziri is a whole different matter though, I don't have any thought on that yet but most likely I'd just have to avoid everything. I doubt I'd try her this league.

Whenever I see a reflect pack I always make sure to pop my jade, rumi's, and atziri's promise flasks before I fire into the pack. And if my vaal grace has enough souls, I use it too. W/ my current gear, I almost always have full endurance charges (daresso's defiance), SO what I usually do is I fire TS far away from the reflect pack, hoping to hit just one of them so IC would trigger with my cwdt setup. If IC triggers, that's when I would puncture the rare and kill it before IC ends. By doing this, I've only died a handful times to ref packs. Mostly due to offscreen packs in wide open maps.

Also, another way of dealing with it is to have a separate high level IC and self casting it whenever you see a ref pack.
I'm currently looking for an upgrade for my leveling bow (Death's Harp).
My goal is a 5L, 300+ pDPS, 8.5+ crit Harbringer Bow.
I see 3 options to achieve this:

1) Buy a fully crafted + linked one. Costs:
3.5+ exa http://poe.trade/search/hobahurumaoyas

2) Buy a fully crafted and socket + link myself. Costs:
1.75+ exa http://poe.trade/search/ukiarutoreyadu plus 350 jewelers + 150 fusing (or trying to get lucky)

3) Completly craft one from scratch. Costs:
few chaos for bow, 1k+ alts + regals + scouring for initial crafting
~ 3 exa for multimod and remaining mods
350 jewelers + 150 fusing

I have this currency:
230 fusing
4-5 exa
17 regals
305 jewelers
349 alt

Any advise how to best proceed?
"
Phate666 wrote:

Any advise how to best proceed?

Its been explained a lot of times already

Get a 77ilvl Harbinger Bow

Use Whetstones + Jewelers to get 6S
Use Whetstones + Fuses to get 5/6L

Start crafting.

If you must have a 6L, you can sell 5Ls and start all over again.
I know how the actual crafting process works, the question is what is more cost effective. If I am unlucky I have to blow 2k+ alts into the bow plus I have to spend ~3 exa for master crafting.
"
Phate666 wrote:
I know how the actual crafting process works, the question is what is more cost effective. If I am unlucky I have to blow 2k+ alts into the bow plus I have to spend ~3 exa for master crafting.

If you're worried that you might run out of currency before finishing the bow, then you should just buy one. Get the best one that you can afford though. GL
Tried my luck with crafting. Got this with ~60 jewelers, ~40 fus and 300 alt:

With 2 master mods it can get 260 - 274 DPS and 8.45 - 8.7 crit chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info