[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
KaXXoR wrote:
Hey guys, i had an idea, but I dont know if it's dumb or good. So here it is :
Putting a quality added lightning as a 6th link for 10% shock + shock when you crit. Has anyone try it already ? Can anyone give me some input about this please ?

Tried it, doesn't shock long enough and doesn't scale quite as good, Not the worst thing to do if you're not using dirllneck, still not too impressive

"
I know how the actual crafting process works, the question is what is more cost effective. If I am unlucky I have to blow 2k+ alts into the bow plus I have to spend ~3 exa for master crafting.

Crafting is very risky indeed. I've spent over well 5000 alts trying to craft a upgrade for my bow, without any success. However, getting decent 300 DPSish results, with around 500 alts is fairly easy.

However, as someone already pointed out, its easier to buy a bow.

"
I'm currently looking for an upgrade for my leveling bow (Death's Harp).
My goal is a 5L, 300+ pDPS, 8.5+ crit Harbringer Bow.
I see 3 options to achieve this:

1) Buy a fully crafted + linked one. Costs:
3.5+ exa http://poe.trade/search/hobahurumaoyas

2) Buy a fully crafted and socket + link myself. Costs:
1.75+ exa http://poe.trade/search/ukiarutoreyadu plus 350 jewelers + 150 fusing (or trying to get lucky)

3) Completly craft one from scratch. Costs:
few chaos for bow, 1k+ alts + regals + scouring for initial crafting
~ 3 exa for multimod and remaining mods
350 jewelers + 150 fusing

I have this currency:
230 fusing
4-5 exa
17 regals
305 jewelers
349 alt

Any advise how to best proceed?

I would not attempt to craft your own bow, if you have this amount of currency. I think you're better off buying a decent 300ish DPS bow and fusing it yourself (or with masters). Save the currency for either crafting or buying upgrades.

"
Finally killed uber! Died once to double vaal, and twice to atziri. so happy! lol XD oh yeah, axe dropped

Well done!

"
But reflect, reflect is not fun.

To be honest Im surprised so many people have troubles with reflect.

With 4.7k HP and 17k DPS (which is good, but not insane), I barely ever feel like reflect is troublesome.

A good lifeflask/jade/atziri setup, with decent-ish (45%+) evasion and not more than 2000 accuracy almost completly negates reflect. Now I'm not advising running 78 reflect maps anyway, still... Maybe it's the 4R-Link that saves me.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"

"
But reflect, reflect is not fun.

To be honest Im surprised so many people have troubles with reflect.

With 4.7k HP and 17k DPS (which is good, but not insane), I barely ever feel like reflect is troublesome.

A good lifeflask/jade/atziri setup, with decent-ish (45%+) evasion and not more than 2000 accuracy almost completly negates reflect. Now I'm not advising running 78 reflect maps anyway, still... Maybe it's the 4R-Link that saves me.

Reflect packs are indeed no problem when you pop a jade flask. Mine bumps me up from 35% evade chance to 57%. Though I only run 3.6k life at the moment, don't have the scion life wheel yet, at sentinel now.
Reflect maps require more care though, I'd usually just chaos my rare map if I get it.

I was considering running Grace with hatred and herald of ash but then I'd have to get the aura cluster near ranger. Dropping points in sentinel and evasion wheel to get there I realised the use of grace would be to make up for the points I took out to get it.
So once I get that 6L and replace lightning coil I will use herald of ice as well, it's not huge damage but the added cold for freezing is nice.

With CwdT I was considering running warlords mark instead or with enduring cry to make endurance charges. Since the danger is in mobs being too far away so you don't get any charges from enduring cry. At level 7 though, 880 damage, I hardly ever see my CwdT go off, unless I hit a reflect pack. Kinda negates the effect of trying to run warlords mark.
And since I got 3R1B on my Mali's I'm thinking of just running enfeeble instead of inc duration. Shorter immortal call but it helps vs mobs that jump you, like devourers.
Hi, interesting build, im lv 60 now just wondering if Daresso's Defiance Full Dragonscale is good with this build??
"
technova1000 wrote:
Hi, interesting build, im lv 60 now just wondering if Daresso's Defiance Full Dragonscale is good with this build??

Funny how easy it is to forget about uniques that aren't used much. Daresso's could easily solve the endurance charge problem. And the 6% chance to dodge stacks with acrobatics.
46% to dodge, 46% to dodge spells, 35-50% chance to evade x 2 for projectiles. I like this idea, thanks.
"
technova1000 wrote:

Yes, it's good. Also it's a interesting idea, I might consider using it (sadly it'll make capping resists very hard)

"
With CwdT I was considering running warlords mark instead or with enduring cry to make endurance charges. Since the danger is in mobs being too far away so you don't get any charges from enduring cry. At level 7 though, 880 damage, I hardly ever see my CwdT go off, unless I hit a reflect pack. Kinda negates the effect of trying to run warlords mark.
And since I got 3R1B on my Mali's I'm thinking of just running enfeeble instead of inc duration. Shorter immortal call but it helps vs mobs that jump you, like devourers.

Herald of Ice with quality is amazing with Hatred by the way, since the 15% ice damage from herald also boosts hatred by a bit resulting in crazy freeze.

I've been trying out the Warlords Mark approach, it's a decent solution.

---------------------------

Also:

I did some spreadsheet updating!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMo41lL5xtdExseluc8yIkhd5Yw7u1mruoUSI6y8xxk/edit?usp=sharing

Added:
-Support for more auras
-Support for "increased aura effect" and "%fire", "%cold" and "%light damage gems"
-Support for elemental calculations
-Support for Added fire/light/cold damage gems
-Fixed a few minor bugs
-Added a chart to show damage distribution
-Cleaned up a bit

Next update will add support for other active gems (split arrow, barrage, lightning arrow, ice arrow...)

If you see any problems or have suggestions, post them here please
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Oct 7, 2014, 6:08:11 AM
"

Yes, it's good. Also it's a interesting idea, I might consider using it (sadly it'll make capping resists very hard)

You'd have to hit the cap with just belt, rings and neck. Assuming atziri's steps and drillneck.
Roughly 27% all res per item, without counting sentinel and res implicit on rings (10% to all, 15/15 or 30% to res).
You could drop herald of ice for a purity aura or consider rare boots but I think it's doable.

I will try it out once I get home, I'll let you know how it goes.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Oct 7, 2014, 9:05:03 AM
"

Thanks man. I'm mostly worried about her Spears..Pretty sure 3.5k life won't cut it so it looks like I'm gonna have to reshuffle things around. Was she able to one shot you? How many ports did you end up using?

I am just over cap (80% roughly) for all, and im using belly for chest. So you should be able to do it with just doryani's/jewelry, but it will be tough (35% from max doryanis + 10% from tree means just 30 all res per jewelry).
"
technova1000 wrote:

Yeah daresso's defiance is very good for this build! XD

"
I am just over cap (80% roughly) for all, and im using belly for chest. So you should be able to do it with just doryani's/jewelry, but it will be tough (35% from max doryanis + 10% from tree means just 30 all res per jewelry).

I used a rare belt and boots for double vaal, the trio, and trash mobs on the way to uber atziri. But for the queen herself, I figured with only around 3.8k HP, she'd one shot me regardless of my res, so I switched to aztiri's step for the added spell dodge. Also changed my lightning warp setup for a triple vaal grace setup.
Last edited by TheDioscuri on Oct 7, 2014, 9:38:29 AM
It always takes me a few tries to find my favorite build of the patch... This looks like its it. After leveling a righteous fire maurader and a flicker shadow I thought Id give this Ranger a try. Such a great guide. I really appreciate people who take the time to build a comprehensive build, even more so when leveling and other help is given in such detail. People like you make this game that much more fun. So as this was my third build this patch I was able to start with around 12exalted or so. My gear set up for my level 78 Ranger: I havent tried an Atziri run yet, might wait until around 82 or so. Gotta 5/6 link my bow as well...

Spoiler

I must say I'm a believer now. This chestpiece pretty much ensures I'm always at 3/3 endurance charges which is not only a nice defense boost but also gives a solid 4-5 sec immortal call when cwdt is triggered.
I removed enduring cry in favor for inc duration, since killing things is so easy the 3 charges are back before you even blink. On bosses (atziri) I would put it back in since then you don't do killing blows.

Resists was a bit more tricky to work out but I had some rings lying around. Also got a great corrupt on my atziri steps, WGRR, hatred, herald of ash, reduced mana and then herald of ice or a purity whatever the situation requires in the white socket.
My gear + gem setup:
Spoiler

Edit: by random chance I also just put this chestpiece and build through a harsh test. Got a 77 shipyard map with % rare monsters and nememis mods, decided to regal it and got 18% phys reflect. Normally I would have chaos it with a lot of regret but I ran it anyway. I even got evangelists mobs in the root!
But switching hatred to grace and being a bit more carefull I managed to do the entire map like a breeze. I'm very positive about this setup.
Last edited by GilgameshNL on Oct 7, 2014, 3:12:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info