[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi, I was wondering if with patch 1.3 you still think ranger is the most optimized class for this build or did duelist take the lead?

Thank you, amazing threat and a really good in depths explanation, I'll follow it thoroughly

Best.
"
Euploid wrote:
I fixed the link. As for my amulet, I agree with you but I would need to replace both rings as well for that. I need the stats, resists, life and leech it gives me, so I'd have to upgrade everything I think. What I mean about the leech though is basically that any leech amulets with 5% leech are WAY more expensive than the ones with 2%. So if I want to get one with better stats I'll have to sacrifice some leech.

Your tree looks solid. As for a 110 points tree personally I would go for vaal pact. You pick up some str on the way which helps a lot. It's not necessary though. I like it. In that case you would need a good LL amu though. As for LL itself I have played to lvl 89 or so with just the 2% from the tree and boosting my phys dmg instead and I was fine. Although the nodes aren'T great you could pick the Master fletcher way. Respec them later. If you are strapped for resists there's no shame in taking the survivalist cluster. Helps a lot with gearing. Also Sentinel. That way you could maybe more readily replace some jewellery. Also if you are Kiting a lot atm I would drop Pierce from your Puncture Setup and replace with Faster Attacks.

As you already have a 3b1r Maligaro's you should think about going through to the charisma cluster to run all three heralds. This is what I did until just very recently and it was great. You have at least 2 points near Art of the Gladiator (as and life) that you could respec to get closer. First and foremost I would try to get some new Jewellery though and wouldn't care too much for life leech. It's great but not great enough to sacrifice dps at this point.

Doryani's is a great belt but if you can find a rustic sash with life and the resists you need then even better. Example:

Last but not least: Atziri's step is good but you can always get decent life and res boots for cheap. Also a big help in upgrading jewellery. I also only very recently changed my boots from

to

and I still dont think it's absolutely necessary. Don't get hung up too much on certain items. You can always stash them and get them back later. If it's of help you can see what I wore for Uber a few posts up. Imo with enough damage 4k life is more than enough even for 78 maps. At least if you don't plan on doing lv 100 ;). So feel free to respec even the life nodes.

Long story short:
First try to find some decent jewellery and then see what you can do respec-wise.
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 10, 2015, 3:22:37 AM
"
Hi, I was wondering if with patch 1.3 you still think ranger is the most optimized class for this build or did duelist take the lead?

Thank you, amazing threat and a really good in depths explanation, I'll follow it thoroughly

Best.

They are very close. Unless we are talking mirror gear which would warrant a thorough calculation either one is fine. For temp leagues i prefer ranger for the LL and ML nodes being much closer which helps with gearing early on when there are not many good items which frees up more slots for flasks you might need.
Last edited by horstkaracho on Feb 10, 2015, 3:30:41 AM
So, I just hit level 51 and I'm starting towards the end hike of Cruel mode... And I'm starting to struggle. So; I figure before I show Piety what's what, it's time to upgrade my gear. Unfortunately I'm not terribly great at figuring out what's better, when it's not a direct upgrade.

Current Stats:
Spoiler

STR: 58
INT: 103
DEX: 368

Evasion: 3136
Chance to Evade: 52%
Chance to Dodge: 30%
Fire Res: 75% (83)
Cold Res: 56%
Lightning Res: 75% (118)
Chaos Res: 5%
Stun Recovery: +26%
Movement Speed: +30%

Tornado Shot:
DPS: 576.2
Chance to hit: 93%
Attacks per Second: 1.8
Crit Strike Chance: 18%
Crit Strike Multiplier: 282%
Life Leech: 5%
Mana Leech: 4%

Puncture:
DPS: 749

Current Gear:
Spoiler

Just "Upgraded" my chest from the Unique to the one listed, which raised my evasion but dropped my DPS a bit, and I picked up that Bow which I'm fairly sure is an upgrade when I'm high enough to use it.

I think I may have to upgrade my Jewellery, and possibly my Belt (Although if I take the belt off without str, I'll lose Reduced Mana and Herald of Ash. I have a low level Mana I can use instead, but no replacement Herald (Or any useful Aura for this character))

So yeah, any help is appreciated~

Also, where will be a good place to farm Rare's on Cruel? I have up to the Piety fight of Act 3 explored, anywhere higher than that will likely give me issues even if I can get to it without going through Piety's face.

Oh, and how much does a Rats Nest go for? I'll need one of those soon, since I'm almost 55. Don't want to overpay for it though~
@Zephryl: I've used a 4L Death's Harp right up to level 66 where I switched to a 5L Lioneyes Glare (using that until I can afford/craft a satisfactory Harbinger). Death's Harp really did a great job carrying me from 32 to 66. Even worked on early maps!

I switched Worm's Molt for a Phys Doryani's at the same time I switched from Goldrim to the Rat's Nest. This helped me maintain me resistances; I did this at level 68. Until then, my gear was more or less like yours. Rat's Nest's are starting from around 15c atm, according to poe.trade.

If you are having trouble maintaining resistances maxed, maybe consider getting other gloves until you have that sorted out.

Other thing: get a CWDT setup, very important!

Short: Death's Harp, CWDT, maybe resi-gloves.

Hope that helped:)
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
Dang, okay, gonna be a while before I can get a Rat's Nest then. Shame.

I'll definitely pick up a Death's Harp though, they seem to be fairly cheap.

What's the best CWDT set, and does it work without 4L? That's the only trouble at the moment, since I'm semi-frequently swapping my gear I can't really guarantee having set links, at least more than 3 anyway.
I'm not entirely sure I have any of the gems I'll need for one either, I'm trying to keep this build as 'Self-found' as possible, since I don't have a lot of currency at the moment. Death's Harp will probably clean me out of Chaoses (Chaosi?) in fact.

On the bright side, picked up a nice Gold Ring that brought my Resists and DPS up a bit. I'm not quite maxed on Fire anymore, but I personally consider that the least important one.

Edit: Also, is there a list of up-to-date currency conversion rates anywhere?
Last edited by Zephryl on Feb 10, 2015, 8:00:33 AM
CWDT setup: Cast when damage taken-Enduring Cry-Immortal Call-Increased Duration. Works without the 4th gem, but it's better with it.

Death's Harp shouln't ruin you, 4 links start at 2c.

Concerning the currency rates, there's always exilebro.com, although the rates there should be taken with a grain of salt. It's certainly sufficient to get a rough idea about rates.

Oh yeah,if possible, you might want to switch the reduced mana gem from your main skill setup to an increased critical strikes, if available. More damage->more mana leeched->reduced mana obsolete:)
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
I have three Chaos at the moment, so a Death's is about all I can afford. Definitely can't afford a CWDT setup, and don't have the slots to run it for sure. If I can get a 3L Death's, or better, I'll try to get my Gloves to have the slots for tiehr CWDT or Aura, whichever it hits first. I'll have to do the other when I get Rat's Nest or my Shoes.

Don't worry, the Reduced Mana is only linked so I can level it up. With or without it, the only way I run out of Mana is if I TS one target, or nothing, for like 20+ seconds straight.

Well, I'm assuming I can't afford a CWDT set. Based on it being pretty popular, I'm guessing the gems wouldn't be the super cheap ones. All I have is Enduring Cry, but none of the others.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Dang, okay, gonna be a while before I can get a Rat's Nest then. Shame.

I'll definitely pick up a Death's Harp though, they seem to be fairly cheap.

What's the best CWDT set, and does it work without 4L? That's the only trouble at the moment, since I'm semi-frequently swapping my gear I can't really guarantee having set links, at least more than 3 anyway.
I'm not entirely sure I have any of the gems I'll need for one either, I'm trying to keep this build as 'Self-found' as possible, since I don't have a lot of currency at the moment. Death's Harp will probably clean me out of Chaoses (Chaosi?) in fact.

On the bright side, picked up a nice Gold Ring that brought my Resists and DPS up a bit. I'm not quite maxed on Fire anymore, but I personally consider that the least important one.

Edit: Also, is there a list of up-to-date currency conversion rates anywhere?

Playing self-found is a nightmare. It's so much easier, and cheaper, to make a few trades. I mean, I totally get it, but I think you would be far less frustrated if you made a few swaps. poe.trade makes finding good items easy. With standard being a generally rich environment, you can find some steals on otherwise solid gear. You can spend 10 chaos (i know you don't have that much, but currency will build up) and have a very respectable low-level map clearing set. From there you can work on the bigger upgrades. Self-found is much easier once you get to the upper level content, where the items can roll the best possible stats.

Once you get to level 60 areas, learn to love the chaos recipe. (If you don't know it, selling a full, unidentified set gives you 2 chaos orbs. [Helm, 2H weapon, chest, gloves, boots, belt, ring, ring, amulet]. The vast majority of the time, the items you are going to ID won't be better, and you can always just sell the off-class items you get. Jewelry is generally the toughest to stock up on.) Depending on your luck on jewelry and how much time you have to farm, you can easily make 2 to 10 or so chaos in a day. That's plenty to start improving your gear.

You can surely find a 4L Death's Harp for 1 chaos. Has good crit chance, massive multiplier, and decent damage. Easily enough to carry you for quite a while. Doesn't matter if the damage roll is on the low end. It will still be a massive improvement in kill speed.

After that, you can scour poe.trade for cheap upgrades with the currency you have. I'm sure you can find some pretty solid upgrades for 1 chaos, 1 alchemy, or even less.

Did a quick search for 4 links, tri-res and high life roll:

~b/o 1 chaos

That's a dang solid piece for 1 chaos. You could probably find even cheaper by dropping some requirements. (Dual-res, etc). There are plenty of deals out there. You gotta make that currency work for you!
Well, it's more "Minimal Investment" than "Self Found" to be honest. I spent pretty much every scrap of currency I had on my last character, and they nerfed her at some point while I wasn't playing and I'm too lazy to go figure out an alternative build for her yet... so, yeah, just don't really want that to happen again.

I did pick up :
though. Not the best, but 3L and it was only 1 Alch. 52 levels of Rangering... 3 Chaos drops, only 1 Alch drop.

It closed to doubled my DPS, and I color'd my Gloves to
so they're ready for when I get Hatred and Herald of Ice. I did just find a Vaal Grace though, which I've slotted in for now.

Found a better ring that would probably let me max resists (On Cruel, at least) but I didn't notice my current Ring had given me Int, so I've overlevelled my Int gems. I use Assassin's Mark a bit too often to drop it, so that's a bit frustrating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info