[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I'm thinking about running blink arrow - culling strike - item rarity to have a little more IR without wasting too many links. Is it a good idea? Has anyone tried it before?
Shower thought: no two rares are the same. So rares are unique, while uniques are not. On the other hand, uniques are rare, while rares are not.
nice tip to try

i swap today my added fire (20/20) and crit damage (20-20) in 6l to wed (19-0) and phys to light (17-20) and gain 2.5k extra dps even wo any wed node and flat ele on gear, mana leech still ok on 2% from tree with lower phys on this spec

"
I'm thinking about running blink arrow - culling strike - item rarity to have a little more IR without wasting too many links. Is it a good idea? Has anyone tried it before?

i run alot with iiq iir gear on amus, rings, swap gloves and boots, (swap crit damage in 6l to rarity gem) and run on 50/300 iiq-iir with -resists and only 3k life, my damage down from 22k to 16k but its enough to clear up to 76 maps wo reflect mods deathless bcs of almost oneshot everything, u should give a try, if u dont worry about death sometimes and exp penalties. I start do this on level 87 and still do sometimes to gets drop benefits from lower then 76 maps

Last edited by d3unique on Feb 9, 2015, 8:47:44 AM
"
d3unique wrote:
nice tip to try

i swap today my added fire (20/20) and crit damage (20-20) in 6l to wed (19-0) and phys to light (17-20) and gain 2.5k extra dps even wo any wed node and flat ele on gear, mana leech still ok on 2% from tree with lower phys on this spec

It's not so good as it looks like. Physical damage is reduced only by monster's armor. But elemental damage also reduced by ele resists (ie resists + armor). And since monsters on high-level maps have very high own resistance + resists map mods - your real damage with ele gems lower than with phys gems.
IGN: DesRaven
Last edited by Desm0nt on Feb 9, 2015, 10:42:14 AM
"
Desm0nt wrote:
"
d3unique wrote:
nice tip to try

It's not so good as it looks like. Physical damage is reduced only by monster's armor. But elemental damage also reduced by ele resists (ie resists + armor). And since monsters on high-level maps have very high own resistance + resists map mods - your real damage with ele gems lower than with phys gems.

yeah, but keep in mind that you shock enemies with almost every hit if your lightning damage and crit Chance is high enough. this results in a significant damage increase (plus 50% if im correct).
"
derzornige wrote:
"
Desm0nt wrote:
"
d3unique wrote:
nice tip to try

yeah, but keep in mind that you shock enemies with almost every hit if your lightning damage and crit Chance is high enough. this results in a significant damage increase (plus 50% if im correct).

Yet in this case it would be better to take Charisma Cluster, and then use Herald of Thunder. It's enough to shock mosters from crit (if you don't oneshot it)
"
Yet in this case it would be better to take Charisma Cluster, and then use Herald of Thunder. It's enough to shock mosters from crit (if you don't oneshot it)

as i remember, HoT procs itself cannot apply shock, this note on gem tooltip, but u with it can, bcs it added flat light dmg onto ur attacks

btw after tests on 75+

trash mobs dies sometimes better, but yeah, for elite, seems its some dmg loose, bcs of resistance, escpecially for high resist mobs

pps for atziri trash old gems setup feels little bit faster, mostly bcs of that mobs rare / magic and have some ele resistance
[/quote]

It's not so good as it looks like. Physical damage is reduced only by monster's armor. But elemental damage also reduced by ele resists (ie resists + armor). And since monsters on high-level maps have very high own resistance + resists map mods - your real damage with ele gems lower than with phys gems.[/quote]

yeah, but keep in mind that you shock enemies with almost every hit if your lightning damage and crit Chance is high enough. this results in a significant damage increase (plus 50% if im correct). [/quote]

Yet in this case it would be better to take Charisma Cluster, and then use Herald of Thunder. It's enough to shock mosters from crit (if you don't oneshot it)[/quote]

that might be true for enemies which are close enough to you to get hit by HoT. Anyway my main reason for Phys to Light is that you can survive reflect at 75% light res with vaal pact + life leech gem. if you use a high end bow like Glyph Mark its - as far as i know - the only way to survive a crit TS shot in a reflect pack, no matter if ele or phys. without Phys to Light you will one shot yourself sooner or later. but please correct me if im wrong and if you have different idea how to survive reflect damage - not lighting coil please.
"
d3unique wrote:
"

as i remember, HoT procs itself cannot apply shock, this note on gem tooltip, but u with it can, bcs it added flat light dmg onto ur attacks

It can't shock by lighting_shtom-like effect, but can shock by lighting dmg, added to basic attacks and spells.

Interest to me is another question - elemental equilibrium mod on maps for us helpful or harmful?

How it looks:
When we attack, if the mobs are not dead - they start to burn from the effect of HoA.
Accordingly, the elemental equilibrium activation of the ice and lightning damage overwritten by Fire damage. And we have on mobs + 25% fire res and -50% ice and light res. As we have almost 50% cold damage (40% Hatred + HoI + icy explosions from killing frozen mobs) it gives us a significant increase in damage. But is it true really?
Since I'm using Infractem Bow, should I skip the Mind Drinker and Blood drinker nodes?
Where do you recommend me to put those passives instead?

Thanks
"
Teevox wrote:
Since I'm using Infractem Bow, should I skip the Mind Drinker and Blood drinker nodes?
Where do you recommend me to put those passives instead?

Thanks

Blood drinker useless with Infractem. But Infractem useless on 75+ maps (not enough dmg and aps). So - now get Mind Drinker and when find good bow - respec to Blood drinker.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info