[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
PCPTornado wrote:

Also, to get rid of PCoC, would using gloves with Assassin's mark on hit work to keep charges up?

I find that manually casting Assassin's mark is a pain and the charges take a while to build. If I could get rid of PCoC I could add Added fire instead, is it worth it?

Cheers!

I use Frenzy -> GMP -> Curse on hit -> assassins mark. With 40% pierce (10% drillneck + 30 % from nodes) i don't use pierce gem and have Frenzy and Power charges. On maps with immune tu curse - i replace assasins mark with PCoC.

"
Eugene90 wrote:
Curse on hit -> assassins mark -> herald of ice

You are cheater =) Probably it's better than link with frenzy...
IGN: DesRaven
I'm sick of casting AM. Would you rather run HoT + HoA or HoI? What does this build benefit more from?
I would switch it out for HoA + HoI for bosses and stuff.
"
Eugene90 wrote:

i link mine with Reduce mana -> Curse on hit -> assassins mark -> herald of ice and having 90% full charges most of the time.

I tried this but it didn't seem to give me that many charges... as Herald of Ice actually proc hits on "Shattering" explosions. Sometimes it comes 15 in a row, sometimes not any in 50 kills...
The problem is TS needs to hit one enemy twice to have a chance receiving a power charge (1st hit to apply curse, 2nd to kill it with at most 40% power charge chance), and if often kills in 1 shot most enemies.

"
Desm0nt wrote:

I use Frenzy -> GMP -> Curse on hit -> assassins mark. With 40% pierce (10% drillneck + 30 % from nodes) i don't use pierce gem and have Frenzy and Power charges. On maps with immune tu curse - i replace assasins mark with PCoC.

This seems to be pretty good! Frenzy + power charges... if you can keep it on, it should increase ALOT TS dps. I'll give it a try, seems better than Split Arrow + Chain.
Last edited by Bashibouzouk on Jan 26, 2015, 6:44:05 AM
I'm following now but my bow has only 5.00% of critical strike chance. :(
I think I should find any bows first.

Anyway. I'm wondering it's useful or not?
Hi,

I need some advice...

I have rolled this bow:

As 1 understand, it has 1 prefix (% damage) and 2 suffexes (dex and projectile speed)
So there remains 2 prefixes and 1 suffix.

Is there a point to Elreon multimod it?
I could add local min/max phys damage (pref), local phys%/acc (pref) and local crit chance % (suffix) here?

Is it worth the 2ex?
Can local min/max phys damage (pref) and local phys%/acc (pref) be both added?

Or would it be wiser to remove crafted min/max phys damage from this bow and multimod this?
"
T33mon wrote:
Hi,

I need some advice...

I have rolled this bow:

As 1 understand, it has 1 prefix (% damage) and 2 suffexes (dex and projectile speed)
So there remains 2 prefixes and 1 suffix.

Is there a point to Elreon multimod it?
I could add local min/max phys damage (pref), local phys%/acc (pref) and local crit chance % (suffix) here?

Is it worth the 2ex?
Can local min/max phys damage (pref) and local phys%/acc (pref) be both added?

Or would it be wiser to remove crafted min/max phys damage from this bow and multimod this?

Ok, 1st bow is not worth multimodding, multimod already takes up a suffix so you wouldn't be able to add crit chance. Also they're removed the hybrid phys/acc mod from Tora in 1.3 so you can't add that either.

2nd bow is worthy of multimod, can add flat phys and crit chance on that one.
"
Desm0nt wrote:
"
PCPTornado wrote:

Also, to get rid of PCoC, would using gloves with Assassin's mark on hit work to keep charges up?

I find that manually casting Assassin's mark is a pain and the charges take a while to build. If I could get rid of PCoC I could add Added fire instead, is it worth it?

Cheers!

"
Eugene90 wrote:
Curse on hit -> assassins mark -> herald of ice

You are cheater =) Probably it's better than link with frenzy...

I just tried your frenzy 4L, I like it, it does dmg and you get both power and frenzy charges, neat. Thanks.

As for using drillneck, I'm just wondering what it does for clear speed. Either 40% to 100% pierce, is it worth the hassle over a decent rare quiver?
I have been following Neversink's build guide for the Tornado Shot ranger and have come to what feels like a plateau with my DPS. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I need to just upgrade my gear, but it seems that other people I see in the forums are using Infractem or much lower DPS bows than myself and are still hitting at least 10k DPS with Tornado Shot. Currently I am stuck around 5.7k DPS and I struggle to try to get it any higher. I currently have just enough currency to buy Drillneck, but hesitate to since it is expensive and I am not sure how much DPS it will add. How much DPS will Drillneck add if I upgrade to that? Here is my current build tree and gear, any advice is greatly appreciated:

Gear

"
MaxMuscle wrote:
I have been following Neversink's build guide for the Tornado Shot ranger and have come to what feels like a plateau with my DPS. I am not sure if I am doing something wrong or if I need to just upgrade my gear, but it seems that other people I see in the forums are using Infractem or much lower DPS bows than myself and are still hitting at least 10k DPS with Tornado Shot. Currently I am stuck around 5.7k DPS and I struggle to try to get it any higher. I currently have just enough currency to buy Drillneck, but hesitate to since it is expensive and I am not sure how much DPS it will add. How much DPS will Drillneck add if I upgrade to that? Here is my current build tree and gear, any advice is greatly appreciated:

Gear

I'm level 77 and I got around 18K DPS with 5 power charges and 3 frenzy charges with a 6L 350pdps harbinger. I'm not using drillneck.

What level are you?

Not sure if you are using those gems currently in your equipment for optimal DPS, replacing IIR with increased critial damage will make a big difference.

Maligaro's virtuosity for your gloves would help.

A 6L obviously would help.

Running Hatred instead of Haste would help.

As for your tree, I can't see anything wrong there.

Your bow's APS kind of suck thought.

Using a 4L (frenzy - gmp - curse on hit - assassin's mark) helped me a bit too to keep power charges up.

My current setup:

Last edited by PCPTornado on Jan 26, 2015, 4:33:23 PM
"
PCPTornado wrote:
"
MaxMuscle wrote:

Gear

I'm level 77 and I got around 18K DPS with 5 power charges and 3 frenzy charges with a 6L 350pdps harbinger. I'm not using drillneck.

What level are you?

Not sure if you are using those gems currently in your equipment for optimal DPS, replacing IIR with increased critial damage will make a big difference.

Maligaro's virtuosity for your gloves would help.

A 6L obviously would help.

Running Hatred instead of Haste would help.

As for your tree, I can't see anything wrong there.

Your bow's APS kind of suck thought.

Using a 4L (frenzy - gmp - curse on hit - assassin's mark) helped me a bit too to keep power charges up.

My current setup:

The gems I am using now are when i am running low lvl maps and Dominus for MF.... Sorry I forgot to switch that out. The 5.7k DPS is running hatred instead of Haste and Increased Crit instead of Item Rarity.... I am lvl 82 right now. The gloves I need to use to keep my resists capped, at least for now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info