[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hello, is this worth multi mod?

"
Eugene90 wrote:
Hello, is this worth multi mod?

Is that a trick question?! Its already multi modded......

Such a shame the flat phys is so low on that, could have been a killer bow.
"
Zoncho wrote:
"
Thronar wrote:

So i've been playing this build and its been greatr with mass AoE clearing of maps up 75 so far.

My masters will be 8 and able to add multi mod to weapons in the next day or 2 and just wondering opinion of spending 2 EX adding it to this bow and then adding flat Physical and crit multi to it. It will max out at 299 DPS and have good crit mods on it, the bow I had before this had same DPS but no crit mod which was 11.5% less crit so it seems to me the 2 EX for multi crfated mods might be a good idea until I can spend a fortune on a 350 dps bow with crit.

Its not worth putting mutli mod on that bow as the multi mod uses up a suffix, so you won't be able to add crit multi on it. Save the 2 ex for a better bow later on.

Ok thanks never knew that, saved me getting disapointed from wasting 2 EX :)
Usually I tend to keep to myself and browse forums in read-only mode… But yesterday I found this guide and decided to resurrect my long forgotten Archer from the closed beta. It took some meddling with the Tree (I use Infractem but don't have Thief's Torment yet) and some crafting, but the results… Wow, just friggin' wow! I' ll experiment some more with Death's Harp and Chin Sol until I craft something decent, but even now this build looks great. Thanks for the guide. Thanks a lot.
Sapienti ban...
I only habe a 5 link armor

which is the best combo when i use drillneck ?

Tornado Shot + Inreased Critical Dmg + Physcical Projectile Attack Damage + GMP + Faster Attacks

or

Tornado Shot + Pierce + Physcical Projectile Attack Damage + GMP + Faster Attacks
IGN: Vortilion
It's been mentioned a few times before in this thread and now I must concur - phys reflection is a real PITA, despite the OPs writeup. I have a 7.5K tooltip DPS with HoA/HoI (11.3K or so with Hatred), with a lot of that elemental, and just tried an 18% phys map with enfeeble and 30% phys damage reduction mods on the map, with Grace (instead of Hatred for this map) bringing my Evasion up to 19K and about 91% tooltip accuracy (yes I know it's not accuracy against myself) and it was still ridiculously brutal. I had to switch out to a lower level Ice Shot which because of my phys DPS component was still causing me to get smacked in the face enough I was continually chugging health pots. I did an 18% phys/18% elemental reflect map yesterday (no Enfeeble) and I had to switch to a low level Poison Arrow and I still managed to die because I shot 1 crit too many before healing myself.

Really really curious how the OP does not get walloped on a regular map with his full DPS Tornado Shot and high crit %age

Other than that - loving the build - have gotten to 87 so far without too many deaths and my clear speed is really nice. :-)

Last edited by Visigoth123 on Jan 23, 2015, 3:58:39 PM
I'm using a slight variation of the build, mainly due to my 4off Maligaro's which let me put in a herald of thunder + curse on hit + assassins mark combo. Maybe this is of some interest to someone. Not really sure if i should just drop herald of thunder and go for some more phys dmg on tree. the 5 charges add up nicely and since my clearspeed is pretty high they are up very often. I'd appreciate some input.

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsOSBUgFr8ZihmOGbQajx9BIXYi4iLqI_Yk_SaVKgsqTSzpMHEwfDGeMpQ1kjY9OdQ6Qj8nR-JKfUrIS3hNkk3jUUdVS1b6W69daF5FYeJirGNDZU1noGyMbWxuqm_ycFJ1y3fXeOt_An8rhs6Hdow2jX2Nv5AKkvOVBZrxm42btZ2qoJ-kOaZXpuC1SLXyvTa-p8EzyqnK09CB037UI9aK2L3Zxt0N3ajjhOOf5wrnVOd06NbqYusU7YPvevPq9tr66_sJ_MX-j__e

Gear
Spoiler

I'm at 4.3k life. My eva is pretty low with 4.7k, but the flasks make up for it i think. I rarely die and when i do it'S at atziri due to stupidity.

My TS dps is at roughly 12k without vaal haste or charges., but the additional arrow on the quiver is definitely a boost that's not reflected in the tooltip. puncture is at 23k. For atziri i use the trap + point blank which puts me at 12.3k. More than enough. I do run out of mana quickly when fighting her split phase, since i only have 85 remaining. Not a huge problem though.

Last but not least i lucked my way from a white unlinked base to

Spoiler

and I'm not sure how to proceed. Eternal first or go directly for regal + mastercraft? Obviously I wouldn't be asking if I could afford it easily to eternal. I can't. Just trying to get some input if it would be worth it statistically or smth. Since it's a temp league i guess it'S worth it to just go for it.

Any pointers on tree, gear or craft are appreciated :D

P.S.: Kudos to this awesome guide.
horstkaracho - imo, with perfect (almost) tyrannical 6Link - eternal is a must. But I've crafted only that

so I haven't got much experience in crafting so far.

A question : my gems are almost 20lvl, which one of them (aside faster attack, that's obvious) is worth to vendor from 20 lvl to lvl 1 20 Q?
currently got only 11% pierce and 7% attack speed - what about physical projectile dmg, crit gems, tornado, gmp? Is it worth? (I cant afford to buy 20Q 20lvl gem, that is why I'm curious about crafting them)
ING: Leesaurk
They're all worth 20q.

most gems that gain bonus to their primary stats (faster attack, tornado, pierce, etc.) get back to their former level of increase around level 10 once they're 20q:
- FA 10q20 = FA 20q0 = 44%
- pierce 10q20 = pierce 20q0 = 59%
- TS 10q20 = 110% while TS 20q0 = 108%

And your gems will get back to level 10+ very quickly.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Feriens wrote:
Usually I tend to keep to myself and browse forums in read-only mode… But yesterday I found this guide and decided to resurrect my long forgotten Archer from the closed beta. It took some meddling with the Tree (I use Infractem but don't have Thief's Torment yet) and some crafting, but the results… Wow, just friggin' wow! I' ll experiment some more with Death's Harp and Chin Sol until I craft something decent, but even now this build looks great. Thanks for the guide. Thanks a lot.

I too was for a long time a silent reader and stopped playing PoE after 2 weeks in December 2013, my ranger stucked at lv. 43 and that's it. Until I found this guide, and boom! 2 weeks later with new ranger, and now at lv. 81 although still with lots of gearing up to catch.

So to OP: Thanks a lot for making this guide and bring back the fun in playing PoE for me (and apparently) to many others. Cheers!
"In the darkest depths of Mordor, I met a girl so fair, but Gollum and The Evil One crept up and slipped away with her"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info