[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Last edited by obalan on Jan 21, 2015, 9:27:22 AM
"
Urdix wrote:

Been reading a little and it seems like attackspeed gives a higher dps since all passive attackspeed calculates from the speed of the bow. But is it the same with crit multi in some way? does the bow have some kind of crit multi base? Or it it just like adding a neck with crit multi. If not attack speed must beat it HARD.

And thx for helping me getting the picture here ;)

In terms of tooltip DPS attack speed will beat it hard. What I meant is that hitting harder is better in terms of armour penetration. More speed means more mana drain as well which is something to think about.
Getting up to mid-70s and got decent luck finally being able to craft my own body armor. Got pretty lucky with 1 Alc after burning through many jewel orbs and not as many link orbs as I thought it would be. Now that I finally have the 5 linked chest, my mana consumption is a problem. Burning too fast, chugging hybrid pots while clearing/farming Piety. Part of the problem is I REALLY need to get crafting on a Harbinger to replace DH and improve my quiver and perhaps my belt and helm. Amulet not great either but the leech has to stay. I do have Mind Drinker node. Running HoI and Haste most of the time. Capped resists.

Should also mention that I have 3 link Maligaro's gloves but using Aurseize for resists and IR during farming so going back to Maligaro's will drop resists.

Also need to find another PPAD gem as I did not choose it twice during leveling quests... DUR!

Any thoughts on current gear appreciated, lvl 73, IGN Ripcurve:

Spoiler

Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Last edited by jvtrain on Jan 21, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
jvtrain buy a lionseye glare, theres even a new unique ring which will offset 30% phys dmg from reflect.
Sibyl's Lament http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sibyl%27s_Lament obviously not good for iir but reflect shouldnt be a problem on a piety or dom run.
Last edited by Fhark on Jan 21, 2015, 5:14:32 PM
"
Urdix wrote:

Been reading a little and it seems like attackspeed gives a higher dps since all passive attackspeed calculates from the speed of the bow. But is it the same with crit multi in some way? does the bow have some kind of crit multi base? Or it it just like adding a neck with crit multi. If not attack speed must beat it HARD.

And thx for helping me getting the picture here ;)
All crit multi sources stack additively and the sum is multiplied by 1.5 to give your final crit multi. Attack speed is generally preferred. I'd say it depends how much of which you currently have.
If you want to do precise calculation, grab the excel sheet from my crit calculation thread (url in my signature).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
amazing build, amazing guide. good job mate best build i ever played!!!!
Last edited by blackvyper90 on Jan 21, 2015, 2:14:45 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
jvtrain buy a lionseye glare, theres even a new unique ring which will offset 30% phys dmg from reflect.
Sibyl's Lament http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sibyl%27s_Lament obviously not good for iir but reflect shouldnt be a problem on a piety or dom run.

Actually have one of those rings in my stash... now to figure out my right from my left ring socket. :P

I'd have to find a pretty good buy on likely a sub-optimal stat distribution and socket/link up myself to afford a Lioneye's Glare right now. Might be an option.
Im not quite sure what you mean
"
I'd have to find a pretty good buy on likely a sub-optimal stat distribution and socket/link up myself to afford a Lioneye's Glare right now. Might be an option.
I can see losing a ring and the resists etc to be a problem lioneye's glare cost me 6c in torment and an over 300 dps one is about the same in standard. http://poe.trade/search/ahomiamnohahau If you dont have your masters levelled i can do some master carfting for you in standard free, one thing i would do is 4 link something and put in a culling strike, item rarity, split arrow, pierce setup.
Last edited by Fhark on Jan 21, 2015, 5:15:00 PM
"
Fhark wrote:
Im not quite sure what you mean
"
I can see losing a ring and the resists etc to be a problem lioneye's glare cost me 6c in torment and an over 300 dps one is about the same in standard. http://poe.trade/search/ahomiamnohahau If you dont have your masters levelled i can do some master carfting for you in standard free, one thing i would do is 4 link something and put in a culling strike, item rarity, split arrow, pierce setup.

I had just done a very quick search, on my phone and browsing through probably saw the best of the litter at 20 c to 5 exa for sale. Nice to know it's more affordable as a newbie.

I hadn't seen a 4 setup like that before for farming but I haven't done much searching on the topic and am admittedly very new to the game. There's alot to know from vendor recipes, passive trees, gem usage/linkage, orb values... etc. Just trying to take it all in.

Thanks for the offer on master crafting. I have been doing daily missions but only have Tora, Elreon and Zaku at lvl 6, others lower. I'll take you up on it when the time comes.

Edit: Just did a search at home... what the hell was I looking at for pricing??? >_>
Last edited by jvtrain on Jan 21, 2015, 6:01:56 PM
jvtrain culling strike is pretty important for solo mf and vital in group mf, even one point of dmg will kill an enemy under 10% life. Iir gem at l15 is 52% more iir, you can even do a weapon swap and use a decent speed 1h weapon and stormsail shield for higher iir, land a spectral throw linked to culling strike and iir gem and you have an extra 90 + iir.
Last edited by Fhark on Jan 21, 2015, 6:19:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info