[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hello, any thoughts on my build, please ?

I reached lvl 72, and I can do maps quite easily, with 9.2k TS dps, 16k Puncture dps,
but I only have 3k hp and I guess it's going to be difficult with Atziri (+ I think I don't have capped res).

This is my passive skill tree:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYi4iP2JP0mlSoLLOkwcTB8MpQ2PTnUR35H4kp9S3hNklFHVUtW-luvXWhh4mKsZU1noGyMbWxv8nBSdct313jrfXV_An8rhs6Hdow2jX2Nv5UFmvGbjZ2qoJ-kOabgpzS1SL02vqfAnMEzyqnK083q0IHTftQj1orZxt0N3ajjhOOf5wrnVOd06NbqYusU7YPvevPq_MX-uv_e

Here are my items:
Spoiler

I know my amulet could be upgraded but I have to calculate how much intelligence I could drop, and the fact I am using Infractem forces me to use Thief's ring, lowering my health pool capacity from rings...

Should I try using

and drop Thief for 2 other rings in the hope having enough hp/mp regain?

Thanks by advance.

PS: for some maps I am swapping Added Fire Damage with Life Gain On Hit, just for survivability purpose.
You know, uniques are cool and all, but most of the time they have very little defensive stats (life and/or res). In your case, you have life roll on your chest, quiver and boots, and that's all. A mere 198 life. My archer has 495 life on her gear, resulting to 4750 hp with 169% life (well, I also have 20 more levels than you).

Regarding atziri, it's possible to kill her. The difficulty is essentially to know her patterns. Heck she can even be killed with 1 hp. But every flameblast and possibly storcall will one shot you. The trio and double vaal may be harder than her with such a life, once you're trained to atziri fight.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Bashibouzouk wrote:

Atziri's Splendour is ok itself, but this build does not really benefit from Armour or Energy Shield. So what sticks is low Evasion, good Life and ok Resists.

Personally I don't think Infractem is a good bow for that build, I would rather use that ultra-cheap Death's Harp. It's extreme crit multiplier plus additional Arrow makes up for it's low base damage. You can use that as long as you get a decent Decimation/Harbinger.

/Edit: I would keep your current chest, change Added Fire to Pierce gem (because of Drillneck) and switch from Infractem to Death's Harp.

/Edit2: Err ... and if you have no problems at the moment "except surviving atziri" ... just level to at least 85 or so and put your future points in life nodes until you reach around 4k life?
Last edited by daish0 on Jan 22, 2015, 7:48:08 AM
@Panini_aux_olives
@daish0
Thanks alot for your answers.

Ok well it's true I'd better continue leveling up to get benefits from skill tree. It's going to boost my hp, evasion and even damage.

This Atziri's Splendour chest was a way to keep my current bow and quiver while being able to change rings for more res, hp and crit.

Aside of that, I was looking for a better chest like Zodiac leather, but it's way too expansive... for any very good harbinger bow too.

For death's harp, it seems its flat dps tooltip is really low compared to infractem, so no idea. But I'll give it a try as it's true they are quite cheap.

"
Fhark wrote:
jvtrain culling strike is pretty important for solo mf and vital in group mf, even one point of dmg will kill an enemy under 10% life. Iir gem at l15 is 52% more iir, you can even do a weapon swap and use a decent speed 1h weapon and stormsail shield for higher iir, land a spectral throw linked to culling strike and iir gem and you have an extra 90 + iir.

Looks like a great setup for farming/iir. Thanks for the tip. Just starting to figure out the maps game. Ran the rare map from final quest reward. Of course it was a reflect phys damage, extra fire damage, burning ground... let's just say with just over 3K health I only one shot myself once accidentally firing multiple TS into a crowd. After that it was lots of puncture kiting and slow going.

A guardian angel REALLY paid it forward to me in game last night with some great gear improvements so the build is really starting to kick out the damage. I have extra incentive to do the same once I get to endgame. Just wanted to thank them anonymously here and thank the author and everyone in the thread for the help. It's been a great experience in game and here so far!
Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Last edited by jvtrain on Jan 22, 2015, 10:57:58 AM
hey i have a doryanis with cold damage, should i trade it for physical?
also does the phys doryanis costs more than the cold one? and how much?
I'd go for a rustic sash honestly. You get a huge life roll here.
If you really want the doryani, then yes, go for a physical one. The additional res alone is enough to decide for it.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Hey everyone.

Managed to craft this one.
What you think?

If anyone is interested send a pm message.

So i've been playing this build and its been greatr with mass AoE clearing of maps up 75 so far.

My masters will be 8 and able to add multi mod to weapons in the next day or 2 and just wondering opinion of spending 2 EX adding it to this bow and then adding flat Physical and crit multi to it. It will max out at 299 DPS and have good crit mods on it, the bow I had before this had same DPS but no crit mod which was 11.5% less crit so it seems to me the 2 EX for multi crfated mods might be a good idea until I can spend a fortune on a 350 dps bow with crit.
Last edited by Thronar on Jan 22, 2015, 6:44:20 PM
"
Thronar wrote:

So i've been playing this build and its been greatr with mass AoE clearing of maps up 75 so far.

My masters will be 8 and able to add multi mod to weapons in the next day or 2 and just wondering opinion of spending 2 EX adding it to this bow and then adding flat Physical and crit multi to it. It will max out at 299 DPS and have good crit mods on it, the bow I had before this had same DPS but no crit mod which was 11.5% less crit so it seems to me the 2 EX for multi crfated mods might be a good idea until I can spend a fortune on a 350 dps bow with crit.

Its not worth putting mutli mod on that bow as the multi mod uses up a suffix, so you won't be able to add crit multi on it. Save the 2 ex for a better bow later on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info