[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hi all!
I try to play with this build and i need an advice.

My current tree (lvl 74):

My current gear with gems:
Spoiler

Not use now:

For cleaning maps this build is ideal (nice crit dmg and funny clearing speed). But I have some problem with some bosses. For example - Marveil on 70 map. I can kill it, but it's too hard. If boss freeze me - I will die (a have 75 all res + cold res bottle). If my heal bottles end - I probably die. And on bosses, that have teleport (piety, marveil) and don't moving - bleeding from puncture not effective. And bosses don't freeze on crit. I try Puncture as arrow and puncture with trap. Traps help to kell piety (3 traps with crit make a lot of damage) because i can make trap and run away (lighting damage just only shock me). But it's not work with Marveil - i can't run away when she freeze me.
I can facetank all these map with my Incinerate Witch, but her clear speed is really boring.

What am I doing wrong?

P.S. I know that I don't have enough HP, but i get all this nodes to 80-82 lvl. But probably it didn't seriously help.

P.P.S. And I support the earlier question:
"
which is the best combo when i use drillneck ?

Tornado Shot + Inreased Critical Dmg + Physcical Projectile Attack Damage + GMP + Faster Attacks

or

Tornado Shot + Pierce + Physcical Projectile Attack Damage + GMP + Faster Attacks
IGN: DesRaven
Last edited by Desm0nt on Jan 24, 2015, 9:39:20 AM
You're dying because you lack leech. Now that you don't use Infractem anymore, you should really replace Thief' Torment by two rings, one with 2% mana leech. Also get Blood Drinker on tree, like that for example.

As for the which support is better, this is exactly the kind of situation where you need Tabula Rasa to test both case. It all depends of many factor so it's hard to give a definite answer.
And in your case it's easy to test since your have 5G in your chest and 4G1B in your bow.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Just discovered this thread and honestly it's one of the best and detailed guide I have ever saw here on these forums. You sir are awesome, thank you for the hard work you put in making this build. :)
Last edited by allureinc on Jan 24, 2015, 11:41:27 AM
Here is my gear at level 90 - Tornado shot at 17k Tooltip dps, running hatred, Ice and ashe.
I have 64% chance to crit and a 540% multiplier. Wondering how I could tweak my tree though for more dps.

Gear
Spoiler

Here is my tree, any advice is great. I just 6 linked a belly of the beast so will probably buy a bow with a little less crit chance but 300pdps, rather then my 260 one.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgBeGY7tg9N-73oKm-cKeOv8xVb6fyt311FHMHxNkiP2jX2m4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCInUIwW1jb_Wim1sbIydqjY9Yqy1SB9BBiMDHha_YeImlVVL53To1nBSKgvz6ow2oJ9v8jnUwTOGziF2W6_dDf_eJP3nVK_rLOm-pxm0ytPqYnXLvTZlTUd-pDnQgUfiIuIVIEp945-HdmegOkJLeN2oMHH-un11XkWS8_rrelNh6896shkyAZsmdvcx-iLqsTC1CHGhj0-J0w==
Nothing much you can do on tree except fix your resists on gear to free that Survivalist cluster. You could then put the points in depth perception or dive down into Aspect of the Eagle cluster, through the bow crit and attack speed nodes.

btw, belly has less res than your current armor, so be sure to fix that too.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
@Desm0nt
I had problems with merveil too. It got far easier as I got more dps to burst her down quickly.
Also life leech helps alot, as Panini_aux_olives already said.

"
GGZII wrote:
Here is my gear at level 90 - Tornado shot at 17k Tooltip dps, running hatred, Ice and ashe.
I have 64% chance to crit and a 540% multiplier. Wondering how I could tweak my tree though for more dps.

Gear
Spoiler

Here is my tree, any advice is great. I just 6 linked a belly of the beast so will probably buy a bow with a little less crit chance but 300pdps, rather then my 260 one.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgBeGY7tg9N-73oKm-cKeOv8xVb6fyt311FHMHxNkiP2jX2m4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCInUIwW1jb_Wim1sbIydqjY9Yqy1SB9BBiMDHha_YeImlVVL53To1nBSKgvz6ow2oJ9v8jnUwTOGziF2W6_dDf_eJP3nVK_rLOm-pxm0ytPqYnXLvTZlTUd-pDnQgUfiIuIVIEp945-HdmegOkJLeN2oMHH-un11XkWS8_rrelNh6896shkyAZsmdvcx-iLqsTC1CHGhj0-J0w==

Get Doryani's Invitation and Drillneck.

Drillneck isn't THAT much of an dps increase but could boost it quite a bit if you skill piercing shots instead of avatar of the hunt. If not I would still rather get harrier and true strike

But finally.. you need a better bow. You can run with your current setup or tweak out another ~2k dps but in the end you need a better bow and probably dont get over 20k or something without one.

"
Purexec wrote:
@Desm0nt
I had problems with merveil too. It got far easier as I got more dps to burst her down quickly.
Also life leech helps alot, as Panini_aux_olives already said.

"
GGZII wrote:

Gear
Spoiler

Get Doryani's Invitation and Drillneck.

Drillneck isn't THAT much of an dps increase but could boost it quite a bit if you skill piercing shots instead of avatar of the hunt. If not I would still rather get harrier and true strike

But finally.. you need a better bow. You can run with your current setup or tweak out another ~2k dps but in the end you need a better bow and probably dont get over 20k or something without one.

Had the belt a while back and only gives 6% more physical (if perfect) and didn't seem worth as I would rather have the life. I dont see the need for me to go out and spend 25 exalts on 350dps bow, when I can easily do 78 double beyon maps, so for now I feel no need to upgrade. The drillneck also means new passive tree and I lose life, I ultimately want to survive now Im level 91 so yeah.
Last edited by GGZII on Jan 25, 2015, 7:43:23 PM
A few questions:

I'm level 77, I'm using these links:

TS - PCoC - Inc Crit Dmg - PPAD - GMP - FA

in a 350dps harbinger. (8.65 crit)

I'm not using Drillneck, I do have the 40% pierce chance nodes.

Is it really worth it using the pierce gem and Drillneck? In terms of clear speed, am I looking at some substantial gains?

Also, to get rid of PCoC, would using gloves with Assassin's mark on hit work to keep charges up?

I find that manually casting Assassin's mark is a pain and the charges take a while to build. If I could get rid of PCoC I could add Added fire instead, is it worth it?

Cheers!
"
PCPTornado wrote:

I find that manually casting Assassin's mark is a pain and the charges take a while to build. If I could get rid of PCoC I could add Added fire instead, is it worth it?

Cheers!

I'm using split arrow + chain + CoH + assassins mark, and it is really better than manually casting it, cause it gives good damage and knockback in addition to curse. Sometimes I can kill white mobs only with my curse attack.
"
Whitedondi wrote:
"
PCPTornado wrote:

Cheers!

I'm using split arrow + chain + CoH + assassins mark, and it is really better than manually casting it, cause it gives good damage and knockback in addition to curse. Sometimes I can kill white mobs only with my curse attack.

i link mine with Reduce mana -> Curse on hit -> assassins mark -> herald of ice and having 90% full charges most of the time.
Last edited by Eugene90 on Jan 26, 2015, 1:06:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info